The number 1 overall pick watch thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
I'm going to take credit for suggesting the number 1 pick was possible at the start of December when it looked like we had a very low chance of getting it, I want to finish it with a celebration of the number 1 overall pick :number1:.

Standings:
Texans 2-13
Redskins 3-12
Jaguars 4-11

Games of interest:
Texans @ Titans 1pm
Redskins @ Giants 1pm
Jaguars @ Colts 1pm

Should those games go against us:
Browns @ Steelers 1pm & Bills @ Patriots 4:25pm
vs
Panthers @ Falcons 1pm & 49ers @ Cardinals 4:25pm

Last edited by a moderator:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
You get full credit if we get the number 1 pick.

I suggest you list the SOS games by kickoff time. i.e. Browns and Panthers are early games, and Bills and Cards are late games.

RFIP

I love these type of posts! It gives me clarity through the day as to what games are most meaningful to our draft status!

One question however, I understand this thread is about the #1 overall pick but should the Rams lose today, are there games of importance that would help the 1B pick to improve as well?

Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I love these type of posts! It gives me clarity through the day as to what games are most meaningful to our draft status!

One question however, I understand this thread is about the #1 overall pick but should the Rams lose today, are there games of importance that would help the 1B pick to improve as well?

Thanks!

I can't be bothered to calculate every team's SOS, but the Rams pick can be effected by the results in:
Jets @ Dolphins
Ravens @ Bengals
Chiefs @ Chargers
Browns @ Steelers
Bills @ Patriots
Texans @ Titans
Eagles @ Cowboys
Packers @ Bears
Lions @ Vikings
Rams @ Seahawks
Redskins @ Giants

And can be anywhere from 9th to around 21st.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max

Thanks!

The Rams have such a bad SOS that they will lose any tie breakers, so they need teams to have better records than them for the Rams to draft ahead of them.

Lions, Steelers, and Jets have same record as Rams, so if they win, the Ram move ahead of them. The Rams are at 15 now. The best they can do is 12.

If the Rams win, they will draft 19.

RFIP

I can't be bothered to calculate every team's SOS, but the Rams pick can be effected by the results in:
Jets @ Dolphins
Ravens @ Bengals
Chiefs @ Chargers
Browns @ Steelers
Bills @ Patriots
Texans @ Titans
Eagles @ Cowboys
Packers @ Bears
Lions @ Vikings
Rams @ Seahawks
Redskins @ Giants

And can be anywhere from 9th to around 21st.

Thanks!

9th through 21st? Good grief...I had no idea it could get that low...guess that's the price of success though! 21st would mean we are the #1 team NOT in the playoffs....do they make foam fingers for that??? :number1:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Thanks!

9th through 21st? Good grief...I had no idea it could get that low...guess that's the price of success though! 21st would mean we are the #1 team NOT in the playoffs....do they make foam fingers for that??? :number1:

We can't draft 21st, since there are 12 playoff teams and they all draft after us. Plus the Cards or Saints won't make the playoffs and they will draft after us. So 19 is the worst case.

RFIP

The Rams have such a bad SOS that they will lose any tie breakers, so they need teams to have better records than them for the Rams to draft ahead of them.

Lions, Steelers, and Jets have same record as Rams, so if they win, the Ram move ahead of them. The Rams are at 15 now. The best they can do is 12.

If the Rams win, they will draft 19.

Wow just a real quick glance at today's slate of games and I believe you are correct, as if I should ever doubt you!

So best case scenario is we come out with the 1st and 12th picks, worst case 3rd and 19th. Most likely 2nd and around 14 or 15 I believe. Not to shabby either way imo.

RFIP

We can't draft 21st, since there are 12 playoff teams and they all draft after us. Plus the Cards or Saints won't make the playoffs and they will draft after us. So 19 is the worst case.

Correct, I realized this after I posted.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Wow just a real quick glance at today's slate of games and I believe you are correct, as if I should ever doubt you!

So best case scenario is we come out with the 1st and 12th picks, worst case 3rd and 19th. Most likely 2nd and around 14 or 15 I believe. Not to shabby either way imo.

Correct on all counts!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, it's all really complicated until you delve a bit deeper. I'd happily take the 19th pick if it meant punning Wilson into the ground and getting some swagger going heading into next season.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Yeah, it's all really complicated until you delve a bit deeper. I'd happily take the 19th pick if it meant punning Wilson into the ground and getting some swagger going heading into next season.

Agree. I wouldn't want it if Seattle sat all their starters.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Indy is going off on the Jags...