The NFL Free Agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

I really like what they're doing. Maxwell was overpaid from day one under that contract, and him moving to Miami under a restructure is genius. Alonso is actually quite good when healthy, so not sure that was wise but they got out from under it which helps to make up for overpaying for Bradford I suppose.

Gotta think the Eagles are looking defense now in round 1, even if Lynch is on the board.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
"Yikes"
14 million...Oakland??
Good luck trying to pay Khalil Mack after paying out that kinda money

He's got 3 years left on his rookie deal (including the almost guaranteed 5th year option). With the cap space they have, any free agents they sign this year likely wont affect their situation with Mack, and with their need to use a lot of money this offseason they are the most likely candidates to overpay FAs

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
He's got 3 years left on his rookie deal (including the almost guaranteed 5th year option). With the cap space they have, any free agents they sign this year likely wont affect their situation with Mack, and with their need to use a lot of money this offseason they are the most likely candidates to overpay FAs

Yeah I totally get what you're saying, but still.,.

I guess what I was trying to say in a really vague way was that a 14 million dollar offer to Janoris will have huge implications further on down the road when it comes to guys like Cooper, Carr, and Mack and whomever other stars they draft -- they will always have that precedent of the Janoris Jenkins contract to negotiate with. Imagine if he sucks next season, hypothetically any other CB free agent or other will have their rep say "my client had better numbers than Jenkins and you paid this, we want 15"

That's why I'm thinking talk of 14 million for Janoris is not happening

The Rams are the prudent ones and we have nice cap space too - but the Rams have decided not to be insane and offer Janoris 14 mil, let alone 10.5

I'm only suggesting nothing says you have to overpay just cause you have the cap space

I bet some players - like Janoris - are gonna be disappointed when the offers don't come in as high as they imagined - don't get me wrong I think someone will overpay and it might even be the Rams,

but 14 million? I say "no way"

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Titans are finalizing a deal to trade for Demarco Murray. Per Adam Schefter.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I hate this time of year... Waiting is torture and so much of what there is to talk about isn't football, the game, it's football, the business.

Ugh... I hate the meta of the business side of the game.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
What the hell are the Eagles doing now???

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
What the hell are the Eagles doing now???
It's called the Bradford Chaos theory which says, Wherever he goes...consistency does not follow.
malcolm.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Yeah I totally get what you're saying, but still.,.

I guess what I was trying to say in a really vague way was that a 14 million dollar offer to Janoris will have huge implications further on down the road when it comes to guys like Cooper, Carr, and Mack and whomever other stars they draft -- they will always have that precedent of the Janoris Jenkins contract to negotiate with. Imagine if he sucks next season, hypothetically any other CB free agent or other will have their rep say "my client had better numbers than Jenkins and you paid this, we want 15"

That's why I'm thinking talk of 14 million for Janoris is not happening

The Rams are the prudent ones and we have nice cap space too - but the Rams have decided not to be insane and offer Janoris 14 mil, let alone 10.5

I'm only suggesting nothing says you have to overpay just cause you have the cap space

I bet some players - like Janoris - are gonna be disappointed when the offers don't come in as high as they imagined - don't get me wrong I think someone will overpay and it might even be the Rams,

but 14 million? I say "no way"
Eric Dickerson was saying the other day that even though they might get bigger contracts else where , they still won't make as much money as they would in LA.

LA just has so many extra perks you just can't get anywhere else

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unfortunately, every time I check the TV for any FA news, all I hear is Peyton Manning.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Ah yes, the 'Robbie Keane Effect' of "I have dreamed about playing for (Insert new team) since i was a kid."

Gotta love it (y)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If Janoris somehow gets Reevis, Sherman, Peterson money good for him, but no way in hell am i paying that if im the Rams.

Agreed. He had one very good season. Too risky to throw 14 million at him. If he signs elsewhere he will be happy for the money but I bet he will one day wish he had signed with the Rams.

Gotta think the Eagles are looking defense now in round 1, even if Lynch is on the board.

Sounding more and more like Lynch wont be a first round pick. Most think that he is at least two years away from starting. That is a long time for a first round QB. And there is always a ton of pressure for teams to play their first round QBs right away.

Unfortunately, every time I check the TV for any FA news, all I hear is Peyton Manning.

He is all that there is in football isn't he?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sounding more and more like Lynch wont be a first round pick. Most think that he is at least two years away from starting. That is a long time for a first round QB. And there is always a ton of pressure for teams to play their first round QBs right away.

Calling BS. Lynch will be a first round pick. QBs are in demand and you can't teach 6'7" 245 with a strong arm, mobility, and impressive college production.

Status
Not open for further replies.