The NFL Free Agency thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
If any mods don't want this as a thing, feel free to delete it. But Free agency begins at 1pm CT. So any signings can be grouped together here. Any predictions of who goes where? I say the first big move is Matt Forte to the Cowboys.

Psycho_X

Legend
I didn't think signings could be done until Wednesday technically. Today just begins the "legal tampering" period where teams can come to unofficial terms with players or offer numbers.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are you sure? I just saw on tv it starts today. I'm probably wrong.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I think teams can start visiting with players today but can't sign them till 4 o'clock on Wednesday , but either way , the thread is a good idea

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I think teams can start visiting with players today but can't sign them till 4 o'clock on Wednesday , but either way , the thread is a good idea
Well maybe if @Prime Time doesnt mind, me or anyone else can put updates on offers to free agents here and use it for Wednesday as well. It doesn't matter to me.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm pretty sure they can't sign until Wednesday! But this thread is a good idea!!(y)(y)

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Teams can make contact with certified agents of players beginning Monday at Noon EST. Contract negotiations may be conducted, however, nothing can be signed until 4pm on Wednedsday, March 9. The 2015 league year ends at 4p Wednesday, and the 2016 year begins at that time.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
The Rams better agree to terms on our own real fast. If they all hit FA, we're fucked.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Rams better agree to terms on our own real fast. If they all hit FA, we're freaked.

My hope is the guys they want back, like Barron for example, see the numbers coming in to be similar to what the Rams offered. So hopefully Barron at the least is locked up before the floodgates open on Weds.

EDIT: Hayes too!

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm hoping that re-signing our own guys is already a done thing and we've just got to wait it out to do the physical signings ;)

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
I'm hoping that re-signing our own guys is already a done thing and we've just got to wait it out to do the physical signings ;)

Players can resign with their current teams at any time. Likely if it was done, it would be announced. I know there are negotiations in progress for some players.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

But we don't have to wait, right? We can sign them anytime. So I assumed if a deal was already done, it would have been completed.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But we don't have to wait, right? We can sign them anytime. So I assumed if a deal was already done, it would have been completed.
Teams don't have to wait to sign their own FA.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My guess is our FA's are going to want to see how close other offers are to the Ram's offers before they sign on the dotted line! I'm Praying they all come back!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Dolphins just traded for Eagles' Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso. Just created some need on an already suspect Eagles defense, and it reinforces the extreme unlikelihood of Miami getting their FA DE back.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Jason La Canfora "Continue to hear that Janoris Jenkins, with cap-needy teams like Oakland and Jacksonville interested, could land $14M per year on a long-term deal. The Rams may regret having only one member of their starting secondary under contract as it stands right now."

First off TJ and Tru are under contract so thats two out of four.

If Janoris somehow gets Reevis, Sherman, Peterson money good for him, but no way in hell am i paying that if im the Rams.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Free Agent Chris Long to visit Redskins on Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.