The NFL Free Agency thread part 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
he will get a look after the rush. same as long.

past their prime so teams won't be paying through the nose for them.

I had heard the Saints where giving him a look ,so I wondered if anything came of it!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

well today went exactly how i expected it to go. i was hoping they could work something out with jj but we all knew he was leaving for the money. mcleod was an expected walk. rams were never gonna give him inflated market value.

barron and hayes were must keeps. barnes was a cheap keep and always improving. quick was a dirt cheap prove it keep.

so heading in i expected jj and mcleod gone and keeping the rest.

wr, qb or de in the 1st.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
What was your plan at LB this offseason?

1) Make a FA offer to Danny Trevathan
2) Target in the Draft: Deion Jones - LSU, Nick Vigil - Utah St., Antonio Morrison - Florida, Travis Feeney - Washington

I understand the signing of Barron, but I'm not sure at 215-220 pnds he will hold up for 16 games playing LB all of the time.
McCleod, Jenkins and Johnson were higher prorities to me.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
2) Target in the Draft: Deion Jones - LSU, Nick Vigil - Utah St., Antonio Morrison - Florida, Travis Feeney - Washington

I understand the signing of Barron, but I'm not sure at 215-220 pnds he will hold up for 16 games playing LB all of the time.
I liked Trevathan too. Quite a bit actually.
At 6' 2" 215lbs i agree with you somewhat, but i also think that Barron could easily put some more beef on that frame. I'll be interested to see if the Rams put him on a different training program this summer. Same with Ogletree.

As far as priorities go, McLeod was far below Barron for me. We have guys in the program ready to step in IMO.

FWIW i would have kept Laurinaitis for one more year. Probably not a popular opinion but that's okay too.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Trevathan went back to the head coach who gave him his first chance. Do you think he would have come to the Rams without gross overpayment to attract him? Not to mention he would have to learn GW's defense and he wouldn't be anywhere near the player Barron was as in the role he plays with us.

Barron's gonna be a Pro Bowl player in that role this year for the Rams. Dude was made for this defense. I'm so relieved the Rams brought him back it ain't funny.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

They struck gold with barron and you want them to let him go? No way.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I liked Trevathan too. Quite a bit actually.
At 6' 2" 215lbs i agree with you somewhat, but i also think that Barron could easily put some more beef on that frame. I'll be interested to see if the Rams put him on a different training program this summer. Same with Ogletree.

As far as priorities go, McLeod was far below Barron for me. We have guys in the program ready to step in IMO.

FWIW i would have kept Laurinaitis for one more year. Probably not a popular opinion but that's okay too.

I would have kept JL too maybe drafted his replacement let the kid learn the ropes then let him retire a ram

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Foles AND Keenum to the Broncos! It would seriously pee pee me off if they turned Foles into a quality starter

I would love a trade of Foles to the Broncos. Especially if the Jets signed Fitzpatrick. John "We want people that want to be Broncos" Elway, will be desperate. He might give up higher than a 7th for Foles. And I don't care if they were able to resurrect Foles. I don't think the Rams are going to give him a real chance again.

I would have kept JL too maybe drafted his replacement let the kid learn the ropes then let him retire a ram

So far isn't he only being offered by Atlanta? They are hardly a contender......ditto for the Saints. Maybe the Rams sign him back on the cheap to back up and sub in. Ditto for Chris Long. Is Washington really a Superbowl Contender? I am disappointed for them that those are the teams looking their way. I would like to see them get a chance with a real contender.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would love a trade of Foles to the Broncos. Especially if the Jets signed Fitzpatrick. John "We want people that want to be Broncos" Elway, will be desperate. He might give up higher than a 7th for Foles. And I don't care if they were able to resurrect Foles. I don't think the Rams are going to give him a real chance again.

So far isn't he only being offered by Atlanta? They are hardly a contender......ditto for the Saints. Maybe the Rams sign him back on the cheap to back up and sub in. Ditto for Chris Long. Is Washington really a Superbowl Contender? I am disappointed for them that those are the teams looking their way. I would like to see them get a chance with a real contender.

BIB : that was kinda my thinking too maybe there is some form of gentleman's agreement of go out there see what you can get if it don't pan out come back and talk to us kind of thing

I wouldn't mind both of them back on a team friendly deal

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Sean Smith signs with the Raiders. 4 Years, $40M. Damnit Snisher, why didn't you offer that? $10M per for a player his caliber is a steal. Free agency is a failure.

Psycho_X

Legend

Just for fun I looked up all those guys weights...

Danny Trevathan - 231 lbs
Deion Jones - 220 lbs
Nick Vigil - 229 lbs
Antonio Morrison - 229 lbs
Travis Feeney - 230 lbs

None of those guys are exactly beefy by any means. I'm willing to bet we see a slightly bigger Barron next season anyway now that they've settled on him being linebacker and playing closer to 220 if not slightly over it. Outside linebackers aren't generally huge guys anymore as the game has turned to more about speed and recovery then brute force. I don't see Barron having anymore trouble then the next guy staying healthy. He's always played closer to the line of scrimmage and has remained healthy through his career for the most part (has only missed two games in his career).

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Sean Smith signs with the Raiders. 4 Years, $40M. Damnit Snisher, why didn't you offer that? $10M per for a player his caliber is a steal. Free agency is a failure.
They seem to be going the in house way. If they didn't draft em, we won't sign em.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
They seem to be going the in house way. If they didn't draft em, we won't sign em.

It's redonk though. Betting on yourself to nail the draft every year is recipe for disaster. Gotta bring in a few new guys to replace the ones that only care for money. Next up, hopefully Weddle or Nelson.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
It's redonk though. Betting on yourself to nail the draft every year is recipe for disaster. Gotta bring in a few new guys to replace the ones that only care for money. Next up, hopefully Weddle or Nelson.
Agreed. Weddle is that ball hawking safety we haven't had since OJ Atogwe. I'm sure Oakland will sign him too.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Silver: Kaepernick Denver's 'chief target'
6530.jpg

NFL Network's Michael Silver reports Colin Kaepernick is the Broncos' "chief target" at quarterback.

Silver reports the 49ers are "likely" looking for a second-round pick, and the Broncos "may be" willing to give up a third. The 49ers have leaked they are not interested in trading Kaepernick, but those reports are likely a ploy to drive up the price. Kaepernick could provide Denver with a game-managing stop-gap, but he is likely not the long-term answer. The Broncos should add at least two quarterbacks this offseason.
Source: Michael Silver on Twitter
Mar 10 - 10:31 AM