The "experts" say 4-12 HAHAH

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aside from the fact that there's much more to this community, I never said I didn't want to read conjecture, nor that there's anything wrong with it. Everyone has a different opinion. But saying we'll go 4-12 is no different than saying we'll go 16-0; it's not based on fact. The difference is one obviously triggered a negative emotional response for a few fans.

Fisher's previous records with the team are 7-8-1, 7-9, 6-10 and 7-9. All it takes is a three game swing in any of those seasons to end up 4-12 or 10-6, all of which were very possible. So when an analyst on national TV says they predict we'll go 4-12, I'm not surprised. When an analyst on national TV says we'll go 10-6, I'm not surprised.

If you don't value these "experts" opinions, then why do you care what they say? So much so, to not only repeat it on an internet forum, but actually have an in-depth discussion about it? Seems like they did their job.

I don't care about their opinion. I said their opinion is stupid. How is that an in depth discussion about it? You're the one trying to over analyse it. Don't think so much.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
And Goff is going to change that from the get-go?

I love the preseason hype as much as anyone, but history says under Fisher, our offense will under perform and our defense will keep us in close games. We could be 10-6 or 4-12, and everything in between.

IDK if Jared Goff is gonna immediately change it, that wasn't my point. Almost any time gets a rookie QB (Andrew Luck, Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, etc) those teams are immediately seen as better. And those teams (and others) were terrible the year before to get these players. That doesn't apply to the Rams. They had to trade UP to get him. Yet still only gonna win four games? C'mon man. 7 wins should be the minimum expectation, considering Jared Goff is a rookie with a lot of other fellow rookies around him. Not saying 7 wins is acceptable, just they should be able to achieve that number based on talent alone.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
My point is, you can't predict the future just like these "experts" can't. It's pointless to argue that their prediction is wrong, that yours is right, etc. It's all conjecture, and anything can happen.
Mmm K. Fine. You're right.
My "expert" prediction is that the Browns go 15-1 and the Cardinals roll to 5-11
200.gif
. This is fun. What the Hell was i thinking?

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Mmm K. Fine. You're right.
My "expert" prediction is that the Browns go 15-1 and the Cardinals roll to 5-11
200.gif
. This is fun. What the Hell was i thinking?

And I'm sure most Cardinal fans would disagree with you, especially after what the Cardinals achieved last year. Doesn't make your prediction any less valid.

See how that works?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
And I'm sure most Cardinal fans would disagree with you, especially after what the Cardinals achieved last year.
They would say it's a dumb prediction because they know their team and watch the games.

@DVontel What would you say if someone predicted the Cards to finish 5-11 this season?

Doesn't make your prediction any less valid.
It does if i'm blowing smoke up someone's ass instead of being a knowledgeable football fan.

Avatar bet? Come on...lets do it. Forget the dumb 4 win prediction you believe is valid. I'll spot you an extra 2 wins. :)
My official floor is 6 wins.

DVontel

Rookie
They would say it's a dumb prediction because they know their team and watch the games.

@DVontel What would you say if someone predicted the Cards to finish 5-11 this season?

It does if i'm blowing smoke up someone's ass instead of being a knowledgeable football fan.

Avatar bet? Come on...lets do it. Forget the dumb 4 win prediction you believe is valid. I'll spot you an extra 2 wins. :)
My official floor is 6 wins.
Unless they're banking on a Palmer injury early(knock on wood), I wouldn't call them "very bright."

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Unless they're banking on a Palmer injury early(knock on wood), I wouldn't call them "very bright."
Exactly.
I would even go as far as to say that AZ could probably win 7 or 8 gms with Stanton starting at QB for the entire season.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Um.
We WILL end up 10-6.
This is not my prediction. It's what will happen.
Wildcard playoff game, this year. Don't make me say it again.
:)