The "experts" say 4-12 HAHAH

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Experts my ass.

The real experts are in Vegas and they have us at 7.5 wins... and they have fucking ca$h on it.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Geez, 4-12 is a ridiculous projection, no matter how these "experts" slice it.

We finished 7-9 with Foles/Keenum as our QB's.
Gurley for only 13 games and never !00%.
A musical chairs OL with a ton of rookies.
Cook as our TE.
Weakest WR corps in the league.
Cigs as OC for 11 games.

Looking at the player and coaching upgrades, and in light of the O development through just 4 practices, things seem to definitely be looking up.

I think that we are a helluva lot closer to 10 or 11 wins than we are to 4. C'mon...

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
4-12, this team's too mediocre to win or lose more than 9 games

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It's pretty amazing. The media types always fap over their "QB driven league" bullshit (I disagree with it, but I digress) yet they never acknowledge the Rams hadn't had a consistent, 16 game starter at QB since 2012. The team wins games (some pretty impressive ones) without one, go out and draft a potential star and yet..4 wins?

LOL fuck them.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
It's pretty amazing. The media types always fap over their "QB driven league" bullcrap (I disagree with it, but I digress) yet they never acknowledge the Rams hadn't had a consistent, 16 game starter at QB since 2012. The team wins games (some pretty impressive ones) without one, go out and draft a potential star and yet..4 wins?

LOL freak them.

And Goff is going to change that from the get-go?

I love the preseason hype as much as anyone, but history says under Fisher, our offense will under perform and our defense will keep us in close games. We could be 10-6 or 4-12, and everything in between.

Athos

Legend
Want respect? Earn it. Rams haven't done a whole lot of earning for about a decade. Except how to lose with style.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nothing surprises me any more so anywhere from 4 to 12 wins sounds about right....

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Heath-Sandman.png
QhfnH.gif
Orrrrr ....
Upset.gif

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
So if we have to go without Gurley for a few games, 4-12 with last year's squad wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. So, yeah.
Rams went 6-10 without Gurley, no LT and with the usual backup suspects at QB in 2014 so yeah...4-12 is a silly prediction. If you believe 4-12 is a logical prediction then i don't know where your perspective is coming from regarding what kind of team this is and has been.

A55VA6

Legend
I can see 6-10, but not 4-12. Only way 4-12 happens is if injuries pile up.

We could end up 6-10 or 10-6.. or somewhere in between. I'm sure there will be a few games decided by just a few points, just a few plays..

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If the Rams suffer a trainwreck of injuries and general travashamockery this season they'll still be a competitive team on most Sundays.
IMO...the floor is 6-10 and the ceiling is 10-6

4-12 is dumb. Did i mention that 4 wins is a dumb prediction?
200.gif

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Rams went 6-10 without Gurley, no LT and with the usual backup suspects at QB in 2014 so yeah...4-12 is a silly prediction. If you believe 4-12 is a logical prediction then i don't know where your perspective is coming from regarding what kind of team this is and has been.

My point is, you can't predict the future just like these "experts" can't. It's pointless to argue that their prediction is wrong, that yours is right, etc. It's all conjecture, and anything can happen.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My point is, you can't predict the future just like these "experts" can't. It's pointless to argue that their prediction is wrong, that yours is right, etc. It's all conjecture, and anything can happen.

he's not arguing. he's saying their prediction is dumb, which it is. under fisher the rams have shown they are a minimum 6 win team, no matter the injuries.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
he's not arguing. he's saying their prediction is dumb, which it is. under fisher the rams have shown they are a minimum 6 win team, no matter the injuries.

Argue, debate, etc. Semantics.

Their prediction may be dumb, but so is trying to state conjecture as fact-- either way.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Argue, debate, etc. Semantics.

Their prediction may be dumb, but so is trying to state conjecture as fact-- either way.

You're on a fan forum. What are you doing here if you don't want to read conjecture?

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
You're on a fan forum. What are you doing here if you don't want to read conjecture?

Aside from the fact that there's much more to this community, I never said I didn't want to read conjecture, nor that there's anything wrong with it. Everyone has a different opinion. But saying we'll go 4-12 is no different than saying we'll go 16-0; it's not based on fact. The difference is one obviously triggered a negative emotional response for a few fans.

Fisher's previous records with the team are 7-8-1, 7-9, 6-10 and 7-9. All it takes is a three game swing in any of those seasons to end up 4-12 or 10-6, all of which were very possible. So when an analyst on national TV says they predict we'll go 4-12, I'm not surprised. When an analyst on national TV says we'll go 10-6, I'm not surprised.

If you don't value these "experts" opinions, then why do you care what they say? So much so, to not only repeat it on an internet forum, but actually have an in-depth discussion about it? Seems like they did their job.