The Direction This Team is Headed Offensively

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
How can Bradford throw picks when he dumps off as much as he does? Look at how high Lucks interceptions are. It's because he doesn't care about stats when it's 3rd and 10. He tries to get the ball down field 10 yards to extend the series to win games. He won't settle for an easy dump off to give his team no chance of a 1st down. Luck wins more because he takes more chances. Bradford hasn't own because he won't take the chances. That's my assessment as to why we don't score until it's late in games. We waste a lot of drives dumping off and punting. The lack of points we score in the 1st half of games has been very consistent over the last 4 years.

Using that process then someone who doesnt throw many pics, like Brady, must not be taking chances or pushing the ball. Maybe there is more to the puzzle than just one piece?
I am speaking in general terms. In general terms if a guy has a hard time reading Ds or is getting fooled a lot there will be turnovers....either pics or fumbles when taking sacks.
Are there exceptions? Of course. If this team is going to be a run first team based on ball control and defense, then, frankly a game manager who doesnt turn the ball over may be preferred over a gambler.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
How can Bradford throw picks when he dumps off as much as he does? Look at how high Lucks interceptions are. It's because he doesn't care about stats when it's 3rd and 10. He tries to get the ball down field 10 yards to extend the series to win games. He won't settle for an easy dump off to give his team no chance of a 1st down. Luck wins more because he takes more chances. Bradford hasn't own because he won't take the chances. That's my assessment as to why we don't score until it's late in games. We waste a lot of drives dumping off and punting. The lack of points we score in the 1st half of games has been very consistent over the last 4 years.
So let's summarize what you implied there.

1. Bradford just dumps off all the time.
2. Bradford cares about stats when it's 3rd and 10.
3. Bradord doesn't try to get the ball downfield 10 yards to extend the series to win games.
4. Bradford settles for an easy dump off because he's not interested in giving his team a chance of a 1st down.
5. Bradford loses because he takes less chances.

yeah_ok.gif

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
All I know is if guys are getting open then Sam will find them. Sure, he doesn't gamble like Favre use to and I'm glad he doesn't. He just needed his supporting cast to play as well as he was last year. The future looks bright for this season.

You don't have to have super star WR's to win it all, see Seattle. In fact, most the teams with stellar pass catchers are not better than us.

Detroit
ATL
WAS
ARZ
CIN
PHI
IND
NO

The GSOT was centered around Marshall Faulk.

Our offense will be centered around Stacy and the "Wrecking Crew."

Russel Wilson sucks

RamzFanz

Damnit
It all depends on how the Oline holds up against the pass rush. The Rams will run the ball successfully. Than Play Action should be huge..I hope Bradford reads the field option #1 than to his other options...and not worry about the deep ball. let it come. Dont force it.

:welcome:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
@mr.stlouis

All I know is if guys are getting open then Sam will find them. Sure, he doesn't gamble like Favre use to and I'm glad he doesn't. He just needed his supporting cast to play as well as he was last year. The future looks bright for this season.

You don't have to have super star WR's to win it all, see Seattle. In fact, most the teams with stellar pass catchers are not better than us.

Detroit
ATL
WAS
ARZ
CIN
PHI
IND
NO

The GSOT was centered around Marshall Faulk.

Our offense will be centered around Stacy and the "Wrecking Crew."
Agree with all that

Russel Wilson sucks
Disagree

RamsFan14

Starter
I really believe our offensive line is the key to our offense. I think Bradford has to be comfortable in the pocket more so then he needs GREAT targets to throw to. Having time in the pocket will settle him down and hopefully that'll lead to more down the field passes. The Dallas and San Fran game are great examples as to what happens when we can't protect the passer (over 5 sacks both games!!!). It's not even the sacks, Bradford was hit constantly and we couldn't do anything! Lack of a running game in those two contests doesn't help either... Give Bradford time in the pocket, he'll play fairly well imo. It'll also be beneficial if we have a good running game, which I think we are going to have, as that'll open up play action (think this is one of his best attributes).

As long as we can control the line of scrimmage on the offensive side of the ball, I think our offense will put up points and compete with teams. Bradford needs to be protected more so then have great targets to throw to IMO (which seems to be the case right now, but who knows maybe Austin and Britt bestow there full talents this year). Robinson was a great pick as he'll really open up holes and hopefully not be overwhelmed at guard.

Banking on the OL!

Ramfreak

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So let's summarize what you implied there.

1. Bradford just dumps off all the time.
2. Bradford cares about stats when it's 3rd and 10.
3. Bradord doesn't try to get the ball downfield 10 yards to extend the series to win games.
4. Bradford settles for an easy dump off because he's not interested in giving his team a chance of a 1st down.
5. Bradford loses because he takes less chances.

yeah_ok.gif
X, has Bradford had a winning season yet? Let me answer this for you. No. It's time. There aren't anymore excuses to be made.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
X, has Bradford had a winning season yet? Let me answer this for you. No. It's time. There aren't anymore excuses to be made.
Bradford will never have a winning season. Bradford will never have a losing season.

Winning and losing are TEAM stats.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Has Fisher? Maybe we need a new coach too.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I think the main reason Luck wins more than Bradford is because he's been in a division that features three of the worst teams in the league the last two years.

Luck has potential to be a tremendous talent, but I'm not sure how anyone can definitively say that he's proven to be much better than Sam Bradford. Luck's numbers were eerily similar to Sam's in 2012 once he lost Reggie Wayne. Bradford was also on pace to put up similar stats to Luck last year as well in a much tougher division.

Ramfreak

Has Fisher? Maybe we need a new coach too.
We've seen great improvement with Fisher with player evaluation alone. We can clearly see how much more talented our roster is.
I'll say this X, the timing is better for. Bradford now than it ever has been. He's in his 5th year. His 3rd with Schotty. He has experienced WR's now with a very decent running game and Oline. There are few rookies on this offense. Tre and Robinson being the only 2 who should see significant time. Bradford sitting out might have helped him learn from the sidelines. Our defense should help SB8 as well. This is a golden opportunity for Bradford to show how good he is.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
You are really putting all of the organizations failures on Bradford's back?? Including the 15 games he has missed?

How about this in the last 2 years Bradford is 5-2-1 in division so you are wrong Bradford has had a winning season 4-1-1 in division in 2013. Play a new tune this one was old when you brought it here.

IT IS A TEAM GAME

RamsFan14

Starter
We've seen great improvement with Fisher with player evaluation alone. We can clearly see how much more talented our roster is.
I'll say this X, the timing is better for. Bradford now than it ever has been. He's in his 5th year. His 3rd with Schotty. He has experienced WR's now with a very decent running game and Oline. There are few rookies on this offense. Tre and Robinson being the only 2 who should see significant time. Bradford sitting out might have helped him learn from the sidelines. Our defense should help SB8 as well. This is a golden opportunity for Bradford to show how good he is.

It totally makes sense to see some fans frustrated with this team and/or with some of the players. Should the Rams have moved on from Bradford? Don't think that would have been the wises thing considering who the QBs in the draft were and considering Bradford was making some real progress this season imo. He def has room to grow in certain aspects, but he was doing a pretty good job when everything was running smoothly after the San Fran game.

I do ask you one question. Bradford has dealt with a lot of roster turnover over his career, tons of different lineman and playmakers coming and going... Of all the guys Bradford has had since is rookie year that have left, who's left that's made a difference with another team?

I'll try and answer the question first. Danario Alexander is one guy who comes to mind when he joined the Chargers but guess what? He got hurt again, that's his biggest weakness and thus didn't warrant a roster spot here. Laurent Robinson had one good year after he left in 2010 to join the Cowboys... Amendola left for the Patriots but he's doing the same thing he did in STL. He was fairly productive when on the field, but he gets hurt... Brandon Lloyd had one solid year after he left, but he wanted to play for McDaniels so he left us in 2011 to join him in NE. I can't think of anyone else... But maybe there's more, I just can't think of them. But I do know some players aren't playing for a team (Gilyard, Salas, Jason Smith I believe too?).

So I'll ask again, who on the offensive side of the ball has left the Rams organization to make a greater impact on another team since 2010?

For what it's worth, I really believe this is the most talented roster Bradford has EVER had in his 5 year career.

Ramfreak

You are really putting all of the organizations failures on Bradford's back?? Including the 15 games he has missed?

How about this in the last 2 years Bradford is 5-2-1 in division so you are wrong Bradford has had a winning season 4-1-1 in division in 2013. Play a new tune this one was old when you brought it here.

IT IS A TEAM GAME
X, I was trying to help you along bro but you obviously are happy with Bradford's play. Mediocre is what you like. I want more from SB8. It's not subjective thinking when Bradford hasn't had a winning season. It's not subjective thinking when Bradford can't stay healthy. It's subjective thinking to think a QB who has a starting record of 18-30-1 over 4 years is doing a good job. You lose this argument no matter what you come up with. In this league it's about winning.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
X, I was trying to help you along bro but you obviously are happy with Bradford's play. Mediocre is what you like. I want more from SB8. It's not subjective thinking when Bradford hasn't had a winning season. It's not subjective thinking when Bradford can't stay healthy. It's subjective thinking to think a QB who has a starting record of 18-30-1 over 4 years is doing a good job. You lose this argument no matter what you come up with. In this league it's about winning.
You are a barrel of sunshine and I am sure you will have a long and productive posting legacy here posting like that.

Pro Tip: When you blindly blame a problem the whole team is having (the won-loss record) on a single individual, you can easily be making the team worse and allowing another team to profit from our stupidity in doing such. Good QBs can have bad records and vice versa.

Last edited:

Ramfreak

You are a barrel of sunshine and I am sure you will have a long and productive posting legacy here posting like that.

Pro Tip: When you blindly blame a problem the whole team is having (the won-loss record) on a single individual, you can easily be making the team worse and allowing another team to profit from our stupidity in doing such. Good QBs can have bad records and vice versa.
I think the constant whining against my replys deserve the banning. Facts are facts. If you don't like it then ask SB8 to stay healthy and start leading this team to the postseason. No more excuses

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That wasn't me who said whatever you're responding to.
But guess what? You just lost.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So I'll ask again, who on the offensive side of the ball has left the Rams organization to make a greater impact on another team since 2010?

For what it's worth, I really believe this is the most talented roster Bradford has EVER had in his 5 year career.
They've all gone on to either do worse, or stop playing football altogether.
The exceptions were Danario's one good year in SD, Laurent's one good year in Dallas (by being the only guy who wasn't Bryant, Witten or Austin), and Lloyd. Laurent was hurt here. Danario was always hurt here. And Lloyd was hurt to be away from McDaniels.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I think the main reason Luck wins more than Bradford is because he's been in a division that features three of the worst teams in the league the last two years.

Luck has potential to be a tremendous talent, but I'm not sure how anyone can definitively say that he's proven to be much better than Sam Bradford. Luck's numbers were eerily similar to Sam's in 2012 once he lost Reggie Wayne. Bradford was also on pace to put up similar stats to Luck last year as well in a much tougher division.
This

When Luck did play decent competition (i.e. the Rams) he looked very ordinary. Luck had more talent coming into the NFL than Sam. The only thing Sam had going for him was Steven Jackson. Otherwise he had one of the worst WR groups I've ever seen, a terrible offensive line, and an OC who changed every year. Let's see how Luck would do with those circumstances. This is not meant to denigrate Luck, he is a very good talent, but just to show how much better he had it than Sam.