1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Direction This Team is Headed Offensively

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by Ramfreak, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Ramrasta The Knight Owl

Let's take a step back here. I trust Bradford completely and it wouldn't help the situation if I didn't. I suspect our offense should be improved from last year but how much? Well... I predict our passing game will be in the range of 12th at best to 22nd at worst barring health problems. Our young receivers are maturing and having Bradford back should leave us sitting in a comfortable but not flashy position. Our running game should be vastly better. Having Stacy and Cunningham one year stronger plus the addition of Mason, I expect no less than a top 5 rushing attack and our new offensive line cast is another good only supports this. However, with our defense, I don't believe we will need to rely on our offense as heavily as last year.

SierraRam, lockdnram21 and -X- like this.
  2. ChrisW Well-Known Member

I'm glad you weren't serious about Hill. I was starting to wonder about your sanity, :sneaky:. I'm also glad you clarified your comments about Bradford, there's a fine line between bashing and criticizing. I can get behind wanting him to step up. I just don't think it's all on his shoulders. The WRs have to step up in a big way. I trust Bradford to play a clean game, and not just throw passes away. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have checkdowns over INTs all day, no matter how frustrating the short passes can get.

rhinobean likes this.
  3. dieterbrock Well-Known Member

Garbage time is an exageration, but truth be told Atlanta was in full on "prevent" d, thus allowing the middle of the field to be open. As for leaving to much time on the clock where Atlanta had to make one more first down? Well, they werent very good last year and made many poor decisions.
    Either way, garbage time works both ways.
    I dont see anyone discounting Luck or Brees numbers against us when we SMACKED THE SHYTE OUT OF THEM!!!!!
    Whether the D gives it to you or not, it still counts, and it aint easy

OldRock likes this.
  4. Ramfreak New Member

Well, let's talk wins then if we can't evaluate how stats are compiled. Either way, this is the year. Time to get er done with the talent on this roster.

5. dieterbrock Well-Known Member

Agree completely.
    10 wins

6. Ramfreak New Member

Mason and Stacy will get a lot of carries behind Long and Robinson. We could see a big year from SB8

7. RamFan503 Grill and Brew Master

Well you beat around the bush quite well in this little journey before you got to your goal. Seen your posts. Not fooled. Next.

smram and DR RAM like this.
  8. lockdnram21 Well-Known Member

the frustrating thing is when kurt Warner and other analysts say that receivers are open and Bradford doesnt throw it

9. ChrisW Well-Known Member

Yea, but every QB does this. I can't tell you how many times you see a highlight from Tom Brady making a tight throw, and there's a wide open receiver on the other side of the field.

The speed of the game just gets to them sometimes, and hasty decisions are made. EVERYONE does this.

rhinobean and F. Mulder like this.
  10. brokeu91 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

rhinobean likes this.
  11. fearsomefour Well-Known Member

Usually a guy that can't read or gets fooled often will throw pics. Bradford has not always been aggressive enough throwing the ball. But, one of the things that has most impressed me with Bradford is the lack of pics considering the bad O lines he has had to deal with. It's not a small point in my book.
    I agree with point that Hill is a great signing.
    Shaun Hill is a good, vet QB. With the running game we should have and the D having a legit vet QB who can gets wins is important. I loved Clemons heart and effort but Hill is an upgrade.

12. Zaphod Well-Known Member

Same here, I think that often gets overlooked.

fearsomefour likes this.
  13. jap Well-Known Member

This the great Bradford accuracy at play, even though he has played behind subpar lines. Can we really even imagine what this guy can do behind a solid OL? I thought he would show something special last season, and he was clearly on his way to doing so until the freak injury. This season, with maturing playmakers and a beastly OL, he can very well do even better. Get ready for the Sam the Ram Attack, Version 2014! :double:

-X- likes this.
  14. beer belly New Member

It all depends on how the Oline holds up against the pass rush. The Rams will run the ball successfully. Than Play Action should be huge..I hope Bradford reads the field option #1 than to his other options...and not worry about the deep ball. let it come. Dont force it.

RamsFan14 and Dieter the Brock like this.
  15. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Hey, I know you.... (sorta)

Welcome aboard.

16. beer belly New Member

shhh...she doesnt know Im over here...is this cheating?

17. beer belly New Member

now looking back, are we sure that wasnt just Atlantas defense? Their defense was pretty bad!. And before "garbage time" the Rams were moving the ball, besides the times they handed off to D Rich.

dieterbrock likes this.
  18. -X- I'm the dude, man.

Only if she finds out.

[​IMG]

laramsoriginal likes this.
  19. Ramfreak New Member

How can Bradford throw picks when he dumps off as much as he does? Look at how high Lucks interceptions are. It's because he doesn't care about stats when it's 3rd and 10. He tries to get the ball down field 10 yards to extend the series to win games. He won't settle for an easy dump off to give his team no chance of a 1st down. Luck wins more because he takes more chances. Bradford hasn't own because he won't take the chances. That's my assessment as to why we don't score until it's late in games. We waste a lot of drives dumping off and punting. The lack of points we score in the 1st half of games has been very consistent over the last 4 years.

20. blackbart Well-Known Member

Like everything the stats can be misleading. Bradford had an unsettled Oline to start the season. Had that power house 7th round RB who isn't on the team any more. Got hammered on the first play of the game in Carolina causing the int (it's not as if he had a clean pocket and made a bad throw).

I think the Oline will be better and Bradford will be the least of our problems in 2014

5-2-1 in the last 2 years in division tells me Bradford (and the Rams) have already started winning.