The Direction This Team is Headed Offensively

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Let's take a step back here. I trust Bradford completely and it wouldn't help the situation if I didn't. I suspect our offense should be improved from last year but how much? Well... I predict our passing game will be in the range of 12th at best to 22nd at worst barring health problems. Our young receivers are maturing and having Bradford back should leave us sitting in a comfortable but not flashy position. Our running game should be vastly better. Having Stacy and Cunningham one year stronger plus the addition of Mason, I expect no less than a top 5 rushing attack and our new offensive line cast is another good only supports this. However, with our defense, I don't believe we will need to rely on our offense as heavily as last year.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Chris, thanks for the reply. The Shaun Hill comment was all humor bro. I love our first 4 picks of the draft and our new DC. I'm stoked on Britt too. If Britt's head is right, we might have our #1.
As far as Bradford bashing. I wore his jersey to the draft. I'm a supporter of his. I want our QB to step it up in year 5. This entire franchise is depending on him. He will be successful if he improves his pre snap reads and learns to buy time in the pocket. Clemons was terrific in my opinion at extending plays. Bradford has to make it more routine to maneuver in the pocket. Watch tape on Brady, both Mannings, Bree's, Rodgers, Big Ben and Luck. It's part of their routine to maneuver.

I'm glad you weren't serious about Hill. I was starting to wonder about your sanity, :sneaky:. I'm also glad you clarified your comments about Bradford, there's a fine line between bashing and criticizing. I can get behind wanting him to step up. I just don't think it's all on his shoulders. The WRs have to step up in a big way. I trust Bradford to play a clean game, and not just throw passes away. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have checkdowns over INTs all day, no matter how frustrating the short passes can get.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One of my pet peeves this year is people trying to claim the Atlanta game as "garbage time". If the defense makes ONE MORE STOP, we are right in that game.

Of course, another argument I saw used was that Bradford supposedly "stole" touchdowns from the running offense... so all the basher arguments kind of blur together into a sea of nonsense after a while.
Garbage time is an exageration, but truth be told Atlanta was in full on "prevent" d, thus allowing the middle of the field to be open. As for leaving to much time on the clock where Atlanta had to make one more first down? Well, they werent very good last year and made many poor decisions.
Either way, garbage time works both ways.
I dont see anyone discounting Luck or Brees numbers against us when we SMACKED THE SHYTE OUT OF THEM!!!!!
Whether the D gives it to you or not, it still counts, and it aint easy

Ramfreak

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Garbage time is an exageration, but truth be told Atlanta was in full on "prevent" d, thus allowing the middle of the field to be open. As for leaving to much time on the clock where Atlanta had to make one more first down? Well, they werent very good last year and made many poor decisions.
I dont see anyone discounting Luck or Brees numbers against us when we SMACKED THE SHYTE OUT OF THEM!!!!!
Well, let's talk wins then if we can't evaluate how stats are compiled. Either way, this is the year. Time to get er done with the talent on this roster.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, let's talk wins then if we can't evaluate how stats are compiled. Either way, this is the year. Time to get er done with the talent on this roster.
Agree completely.
10 wins

Ramfreak

Mason and Stacy will get a lot of carries behind Long and Robinson. We could see a big year from SB8

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We're turning the corner and seeing the Rams become more experienced at the skill positions and tougher in the trenches on offense. I'm a firm believer that the selection of Robinson instead of Watkins was the right thing to do (Although I loved the idea of having Watkins and Tavon). The 2nd key (1st key below) to whether we're playoff bound is the health of Jake Long and he stability of the Oline. Long, Robinson, Wells, Saffold, Barksdale is pretty damn good. It appeared that Stacy had more running room than maybe SJ39 ever had. Last year was the first time in many years that we actually saw the running game have an impact on the outcome of games. I watched a lot of Auburn games last year because of the speed and excitement they had on offense. Tre Mason has the vision and quickness reminiscent of LT. I absolutely loved this pick in the 3rd round. I must have done 100 mock drafts and he kept showing up in the 3rd round in our. One thing came to mind however when we selected Mason. Niners went big and physical with Carlos Hyde, and we went 2 picks in a row with a player who is 5'8". Niners also stockpiled with 2 high picks on olineman. Looking back, it would have been nice to use 1 of the 4 DB picks on an Olineman. Obviously in the 4th round we don't know what we're taking later in the draft but OT Cameron Flemming of Stanford was available in the 4th. I was surprised he wasn't taken sooner.
I like our WR core a lot with another year of experience. Cook, Kendrick's, Britt, Quick gives us good size and speed in the red zone. If the light turns on for Brian Quick we become dynamic on offense. Tavon and Givens give us home run threats and the wildcard of this group is Stedman Bailey. Stedman can be Isaac Bruce. There are plenty of weapons with experience that should open things up for Bradford.
Make no mistake about it. Bradford is the 1st key to us getting into the playoffs now that the pieces are in place. Not to mention a sick defense being installed to create more opportunities.
My honest assessment of Bradford has always been from this standpoint. Is he smart enough on his pre snap reads to know what defenses are doing to him so that he can make his reads to make the others around him better? Or is he a guy who needs all the big toys to create the physical mismatches to make it happen? When I look at last season I see,

Week 1- 13pts scored going into the 4th quarter. That's 1 TD. Bradford throws a pick 6
Week 2- 10pts scored going into the 4th quarter. That's 1 TD. Bradford throws a pick 6
Week 3- 7pts scored the entire game.
Week 4- 3pts scored going into 4th quarter. 11pts the entire game
Week 5 and 6 we tore up 2 of the worst 3 teams in the league. Hence the #1 and #3 picks with Houston and the Jags respectively.
Week 7- 10pts with a defensive safety going into the 4th quarter when Bradford got injured. Bradford throws a pick 6 on the first drive.

What's glaring to me are the points this offense was generating going into the 4th quarter. I would have to look further to know whether the 4th quarter was against prevent defenses and that's why stats were compiled? We did win game 1. Were the performances vs two of the worst teams help inflate the stats?
Perhaps the time off Bradford had and watching from the sidelines helped Bradford see things from a different perspective. All I know this season will tell us a lot. Can he stay healthy and does he have a better grasp of defenses. Let's hope so.
Well you beat around the bush quite well in this little journey before you got to your goal. Seen your posts. Not fooled. Next.

lockdnram21

Legend
I'm glad you weren't serious about Hill. I was starting to wonder about your sanity, :sneaky:. I'm also glad you clarified your comments about Bradford, there's a fine line between bashing and criticizing. I can get behind wanting him to step up. I just don't think it's all on his shoulders. The WRs have to step up in a big way. I trust Bradford to play a clean game, and not just throw passes away. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have checkdowns over INTs all day, no matter how frustrating the short passes can get.

the frustrating thing is when kurt Warner and other analysts say that receivers are open and Bradford doesnt throw it

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
the frustrating thing is when kurt Warner and other analysts say that receivers are open and Bradford doesnt throw it

Yea, but every QB does this. I can't tell you how many times you see a highlight from Tom Brady making a tight throw, and there's a wide open receiver on the other side of the field.

The speed of the game just gets to them sometimes, and hasty decisions are made. EVERYONE does this.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
What you've got to appreciate is that Fisher is lying to us and Sam won't actually be healthy next season, so he's actually betting on Hill.
3d0d3a1ed7f338af477fe93245ac5e9f.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
I refuse to believe that a Head Coach with Fisher's resume would bank his team's success AND his legacy on a QB that "can't read defenses."
It's simply preposterous.
Usually a guy that can't read or gets fooled often will throw pics. Bradford has not always been aggressive enough throwing the ball. But, one of the things that has most impressed me with Bradford is the lack of pics considering the bad O lines he has had to deal with. It's not a small point in my book.
I agree with point that Hill is a great signing.
Shaun Hill is a good, vet QB. With the running game we should have and the D having a legit vet QB who can gets wins is important. I loved Clemons heart and effort but Hill is an upgrade.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Usually a guy that can't read or gets fooled often will throw pics. Bradford has not always been aggressive enough throwing the ball. But, one of the things that has most impressed me with Bradford is the lack of pics considering the bad O lines he has had to deal with. It's not a small point in my book.
Shaun Hill is a good, vet QB. With the running game we should have and the D having a legit vet QB who can gets wins is important. I loved Clemons heart and effort but Hill is an upgrade.
Same here, I think that often gets overlooked.

jap

Legend

This the great Bradford accuracy at play, even though he has played behind subpar lines. Can we really even imagine what this guy can do behind a solid OL? I thought he would show something special last season, and he was clearly on his way to doing so until the freak injury. This season, with maturing playmakers and a beastly OL, he can very well do even better. Get ready for the Sam the Ram Attack, Version 2014! :double:

beer belly

UDFA
It all depends on how the Oline holds up against the pass rush. The Rams will run the ball successfully. Than Play Action should be huge..I hope Bradford reads the field option #1 than to his other options...and not worry about the deep ball. let it come. Dont force it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It all depends on how the Oline holds up against the pass rush. The Rams will run the ball successfully. Than Play Action should be huge..I hope Bradford reads the field option #1 than to his other options...and not worry about the deep ball. let it come. Dont force it.
Hey, I know you.... (sorta)

Welcome aboard.

beer belly

UDFA

now looking back, are we sure that wasnt just Atlantas defense? Their defense was pretty bad!. And before "garbage time" the Rams were moving the ball, besides the times they handed off to D Rich.

Ramfreak

How can Bradford throw picks when he dumps off as much as he does? Look at how high Lucks interceptions are. It's because he doesn't care about stats when it's 3rd and 10. He tries to get the ball down field 10 yards to extend the series to win games. He won't settle for an easy dump off to give his team no chance of a 1st down. Luck wins more because he takes more chances. Bradford hasn't own because he won't take the chances. That's my assessment as to why we don't score until it's late in games. We waste a lot of drives dumping off and punting. The lack of points we score in the 1st half of games has been very consistent over the last 4 years.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Like everything the stats can be misleading. Bradford had an unsettled Oline to start the season. Had that power house 7th round RB who isn't on the team any more. Got hammered on the first play of the game in Carolina causing the int (it's not as if he had a clean pocket and made a bad throw).

I think the Oline will be better and Bradford will be the least of our problems in 2014

5-2-1 in the last 2 years in division tells me Bradford (and the Rams) have already started winning.