The concerned thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I'm worried about our run defense, lets face it, we made a 2nd stringer look like a pro-bowler. Murray already had 7,346 yards against us in his two previous games. Our run defense needs to tighten up if we're going to beat Dallas. I hope Greg Williams will be reinforcing the need for good tackling and for watching for the cutback.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Im really worried about Murray next week, he has always killed us and nothing is telling me that will change this season so far.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well everything about this team is of concern right now and Murray and Dallas have had some great days against us ,but our secondary has shown a willingness to hit ,my friend who cheers for the Cowboys claims Murray wilts when he's hit ,we managed to keep Adrian Peterson from running all over us ,but didn't stop CP .
Maybe we can slow him down enough till we get a lead against their defense , and win this one that way, they gave up 6 yards per carry yesterday we gave up 5, so there's that

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'm definitely worried about our run defense, but Rainey should be and will be starting for some team soon, he's a damn good back.

Funny, I thought our secondary again was our best unit on defense, which is a huge surprise. Linebackers disappointing me immensely.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
It appears that our team as a whole, more specifically the defense still needs time to gel. It took them about 8 weeks into the season last year to get comfortable, I am hoping it takes less time this season. I'm a little concerned with coverage scheme, I know Gaines is still green but he was about 10 yards off of the LOS. I thought that left with Walton. I am hoping once Tru and Joyner come back we can solidify our coverage schemes. Hopefully this week Williams challenges the D to stop the run. If we can stop the cowboys run we should win.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Murray already had 7,346 yards against us in his two previous games.
WTF, impossible!!
unknown1.jpg

Depends how much Dallas are able to hold Brockers, I can't see it being any less than Sunday, so that's a concern.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Depends how much Dallas are able to hold Brockers, I can't see it being any less than Sunday, so that's a concern.
Brockers? I thought Quinn was held in the most egregious way I've seen sometimes two holding him at the same damned time

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Dallas has a pretty potent passing game too, to win this game the rams are going to have to score points.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Nope I saw it and counted all 7,346 myself. Even more surprising he did it on 9 carries:p
Seventy-Three Hundred and forty-six Yards in 9 carries!? The Field isn't that Long! ( OH! I get it, this should have been in Blue Font)

drpugilist

im not as concerned with murray as much as i am with dez. that guy is a monster and showed it in yesterdays game against the titans. the way our secondary stays 15 yards off of rec's is not good in this situation either. with that said and on a bright note, ten had a big te that put up good numbers yesterday and manhandled the dal def. i expect good games from kendricks and cook, that is of course if we are able to give them opportunities and get them the ball.

Irish

Starter
I really don't understand the trouble in the run defense. Run defense is such a basic thing in the grand scheme of things: shed the block, fill the hole, wrap up, wait for help.

Either the team is not fundamentally sound, or they aren't as dominant as we thought they were going to be. I am really hoping it is the fundamentals thing, but I have a sneaking suspicion that our front 7, specifically our LB corps, leaves a whole lot to be desired, which is really, really troubling.

drpugilist

keep in mind friends that in game 1 we contained ap to >100 yds and everyone here was ecstatic abt our run d. again im more concerned with dez bryant and the damage he could do.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Dallas has a pretty potent passing game too, to win this game the rams are going to have to score points.

Ehh, Tony Romo doesn't seem himself these last 2 games. Maybe his back isn't really 100%. Sure, Dez got 103 yards yesterday but it was on 10 receptions. It's not like he consistently burned the Titans for chunks of yards. Jason Witten has been a non-factor so far. Terrance Williams? Ehh.

I'm hoping, hoping, Zac and Brian can take advantage of the Cowboys defense this go around, and for once DeMarco Murray. He's becoming the focal point of that offense, if he isn't already.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I hope that the rams can put up big points on that horrible defense and make this a fun game

drpugilist

Ehh, Tony Romo doesn't seem himself these last 2 games. Maybe his back isn't really 100%. Sure, Dez got 103 yards yesterday but it was on 10 receptions. It's not like he consistently burned the Titans for chunks of yards. Jason Witten has been a non-factor so far. Terrance Williams? Ehh.

I'm hoping, hoping, Zac and Brian can take advantage of the Cowboys defense this go around, and for once DeMarco Murray. He's becoming the focal point of that offense, if he isn't already.

keep in mind that this also seems to be our weakness on defense as well.