The Case Against Aaron Hernandez

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_of_Old

Hernandez could be charged with obstruction at any moment!

<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/21/report-hernandez-to-be-charged-with-obstruction-of-justice/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... f-justice/</a>

The Pats are beginning to look pretty thin at receiver and tight. It seems Danny A could be the best they have right now. To Bad...huh? :lmao:

The talking heads are speaking about the Dolphins overtaking the Putiots this year. That would make my Year!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Re: Hernandez could be charged with obstruction at any momen

At this point, I could care less what happens to Hernandez. I don't know him, he doesn't know me, and neither of us could give a shit about the other. BUT. I am VERY interested in seeing the Patriots being overtaken by someone else. As much as I hate the Dolphins, I wouldn't mind seeing them take that division.

wv

Rookie

Ram_of_Old said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/21/report-hernandez-to-be-charged-with-obstruction-of-justice/

The Pats are beginning to look pretty thin at receiver and tight. It seems Danny A could be the best they have right now. To Bad...huh? :lmao:

The talking heads are speaking about the Dolphins overtaking the Putiots this year. That would make my Year!

Well the article says an 'arrest warrant has been issued'. Which means he 'has' been charged. When a judge signs a warrant you iz charged.

Some of the press-reports in this case look like they were written by the police, btw. If i was still capable of being appalled at the 'media,' i'd be appalled. But that ship sailed a long time ago.

w
v

nighttrain

Legend

X said:
At this point, I could care less what happens to Hernandez. I don't know him, he doesn't know me, and neither of us could give a shyte about the other. BUT. I am VERY interested in seeing the Patriots being overtaken by someone else. As much as I hate the Dolphins, I wouldn't mind seeing them take that division.
Never want to see somebody charged with what they didn't do, but this smells of his old neighborhood.. One of his buddies from the hood did a bad thing and left it on Hernandez doorstep.,

But if it hurts the Cheatriots. I'm ok with a little harressment :cheese:
And let the cops get who he loaned the car. Bad friendships lead to bad things
train

Ram_of_Old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

X said:
At this point, I could care less what happens to Hernandez. I don't know him, he doesn't know me, and neither of us could give a shyte about the other. BUT. I am VERY interested in seeing the Patriots being overtaken by someone else. As much as I hate the Dolphins, I wouldn't mind seeing them take that division.

That is my point. I have no idea what is happening or is going to happen with Hernandez. And I don't really care, as far as he is concerned. But I do know that Brady's targets are at risk. Anything that is not good for the Putriots has got to be good for the rest of the league.

It will be interesting to see if Billicheat can cheat the legal system, to preserve one of his star tight ends.

Ram_of_Old

wv said:
Ram_of_Old said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/21/report-hernandez-to-be-charged-with-obstruction-of-justice/

Well the article says an 'arrest warrant has been issued'. Which means he 'has' been charged. When a judge signs a warrant you iz charged.

Some of the press-reports in this case look like they were written by the police, btw. If i was still capable of being appalled at the 'media,' i'd be appalled. But that ship sailed a long time ago.

w
v

If he is charged will Goodell actually do his job or slap the Putriots on the wrist once again? I am sure he and Robert Kraft are keeping in touch. :roll:

Do I sound lile I dislike the Putriots? :ww: :ww:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Ram_of_Old said:
wv said:
Ram_of_Old said:

w
v

If he is charged will Goodell actually do his job or slap the Putriots on the wrist once again? I am sure he and Robert Kraft are keeping in touch. :roll:

I don't think the league can do anything if he's charged. The Organization will probably suspend him, but the league can't do anything to circumvent due process. If he's CONVICTED, then his career is down the shitter anyway, and the league can't do anything to compound that.

Ram_of_Old

X said:
Ram_of_Old said:
wv said:
Ram_of_Old said:

w
v

I don't think the league can do anything if he's charged. The Organization will probably suspend him, but the league can't do anything to circumvent due process. If he's CONVICTED, then his career is down the shitter anyway, and the league can't do anything to compound that.

Perhaps you are right, but it seems if Goodell follows his more recent moves, charges against Hernandez could not be without some action.

<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/21/even-with-only-obstruction-of-justice-charge-hernandez-faces-real-problems-at-work/related/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... k/related/</a>

Based on reports from ABC and FOX 25 in Boston, police believe Hernandez deliberately destroyed (or at least tried to destroy) electronic evidence that would likely help solve the question of who killed Odin Lloyd. Goodell won’t react kindly to NFL players attempting so brazenly to prevent justice from being done, especially when “justice” entails finding a murderer. If Roethlisberger was suspended four games for being sued for sexual assault in Nevada and accused of another in Georgia despite never being arrested or charged, Hernandez could be in line for something like that or worse if he ultimately admits or is convicted of attempting to cover up a murder.

It gets far worse for Hernandez if he’s charged with murder. Or if the NFL, through the in-house police force known as NFL Security, determines that he did it. There’s no “if it doesn’t fit you must acquit” in the Court of the Commissioner. He remains, under the personal-conduct policy, the judge, jury, executioner, appeals court, and governor. And while the bounty case proved that diligent, aggressive lawyering could force Goodell to bump the appeal to his more lenient predecessor, Goodell and company surely learned from that experience how to avoid creating evidence that could be used to undermine his perceived neutrality.

iced

X said:

Michael Vick was indefinitely suspended once he was charged... Ben Roethlisberger was suspended after he was charged

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

I certainly expect a suspension. Precedent has already been set.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
brokeu91 thinking he screwed up:
Sorry, the one I was trying to link was the one where Mike Florio spoke with another lawyer about the evidence against Hernandez and what that means for his case.

You didn't screw up. If you listen to the video you linked and just stay on the site after it finishes it goes to another video (and keeps going on to video after video). The second video is the one that talks about the CAP and stuff. You'll have to wait for your next post until we bust your balls for screwing up. :lol:

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/27/another-man-is-being-held-in-connection-with-odin-lloyd-murder-case/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... rder-case/</a>
Breaking news:
One of the other two men allegedly with Aaron Hernandez and Odin Lloyd at the time of Lloyd’s death possibly is in police custody.

According to the Boston Globe, 27-year-old Carlos Ortiz is being held at the Hartford Correctional Center “in connection to the [Lloyd] case.” Bail has been set for Ortiz at $1.5 million. The records in Ortiz’s case have been sealed, according to Nick Underhill of MassLive.com.

According to the Hartford Courant, Ortiz has waived extradition to Massachusetts. He was due in court Wednesday on a charge of violating probation, and he has a record of convictions for larceny and criminal mischief.

Evidence summarized by prosecutor Bill McCauley at the Wednesday arraignment of Aaron Hernandez strongly suggests that someone in the car other than Hernandez and Lloyd informed police that Hernandez spoke to Lloyd of being upset with something Lloyd had said to others about Hernandez two nights earlier, and that Hernandez believed he couldn’t “trust” the victim.

This implies that one or both of the other two men in the car already have cooperated with police.

iced

Vick had some form of an offset language in his contract, hernandez doesn't... that's on the patriots - but oh wait i forgot, "belichick is such a genius!"

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
iced said:
Vick had some form of an offset language in his contract, hernandez doesn't... that's on the patriots - but oh wait i forgot, "belichick is such a genius!"

Baaaaaaaahahahahahahahhhahahahahahaaaaaaaa

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was listening to the radio yesterday 570 KLAC out of San Diego, and one guy said something that really struck a chord with me:
"Football is a violent game played by violent people. Some of them can't leave the way they respond to any adversity or challenge on the field and they retaliate as such, with violence on the street or in the home". So, a Chris Long, he has the ability to turn off the warrior switch when he goes in the locker room and heads home. Good dude, nice guy, but scary on the field. I guess I just wanted to share what I thought was a good summation of what describes Hernandez. A guy with no switch, a violent thug, that could catch a football, block and read a playbook.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
RamsSince1969 said:
I was listening to the radio yesterday 570 KLAC out of San Diego, and one guy said something that really struck a chord with me:
"Football is a violent game played by violent people. Some of them can't leave the way they respond to any adversity or challenge on the field and they retaliate as such, with violence on the street or in the home". So, a Chris Long, he has the ability to turn off the warrior switch when he goes in the locker room and heads home. Good dude, nice guy, but scary on the field. I guess I just wanted to share what I thought was a good summation of what describes Hernandez. A guy with no switch, a violent thug, that could catch a football, block and read a playbook.
IMO football has zero to do with it, in fact I think if anything it gives a boy/man a channel to rid himself of violent angst.

Hernandez is a thug you are correct, would be with or without football.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I was just talking to one of the manufacturers reps here in the store who is a big college football fan and he said that he remembers Hernandez's college coach saying he would end up in jail or the Hall of Fame.

Something I thought was sad was they were checking his tattoos for gang affiliations so they didn't put him in with the wrong people.....why do we care that much and why are they interfering with natural selection.

I wonder how many people are going to say "good kid but he was running with the wrong kind of people" when in fact it seems that it was he himself that was the wrong kind of people.

And Thor something tells me that while we don't know the motive yet I suspect your take that it was drug related will be right considering the other guy he shot has served time for it.

Psycho_X

Legend
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/6/27/4470158/aaron-hernandez-murder-investigation-patriots" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/6/27/4 ... n-patriots</a>

And now being looked at for a possible double murder last year. Something tells me the cops have been watching him for a while now waiting for a screw up.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Don't Forget O.J., Ray Lewis, or the "case" against the Duke lacrosse players. We have a long way to go to uncover the truth, and that may never ever be possible. But the outcome of all of this is far from clear at this moment.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think most believe that OJ was guilty, he just got off based on the fact a few missteps by the investigators was enough to give reasonable doubt to the jury... Ray Lewis's case didn't have enough evidence either, everyone ended up being acquitted.. I don't think this case is the same at all.