The Case Against Aaron Hernandez

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well we may have the motive now.....wow this, if true, paints a ghastly picture of Hernandez.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/201...ficials-say/0GPNwDdsU4nguqnB2LADYM/story.html

Former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez, already facing charges in a murder last week in North Attleborough, is also being investigated in connection with a July 2012 double murder in Boston, according to two law enforcement officials briefed on the investigation.

Investigators believe a fight broke out at Cure, a club in the South End, between two men and a group that included Hernandez.

The two men, Daniel Abreu and Safiro Furtado, friends who grew up in Cape Verde, left the club with three other men in a BMW sedan in the early morning hours of July 16, 2012.

Abreu, who was driving, stopped at a traffic light on Shawmut Avenue, about to make a left onto Herald Street, when a silver or gray SUV with Rhode Island license plates pulled alongside the sedan. Someone from the SUV opened fire, killing Abreu, 29, and Furtado, 28.

The men who were with them survived the attack and the killings were left unsolved.

The officials said investigators now believe that Odin Lloyd, the man Hernandez is charged with killing in a North Attleborough industrial park June 17, may have had information about Hernandez’s role in the double slaying.

“The motive might have been that the victim knew [Hernandez] might have been involved,” one of the officials said.

The new revelations raised the specter that Hernandez might have been playing football games last season with the Patriots after he had participated in a double murder.

Hernandez pleaded not guilty Wednesday to murder and firearms charges in Attleboro District Court in the killing of Lloyd, who was shot to death June 17 in an industrial park near Hernandez’s North Attleborough home. In other news today, a second man connected to the Lloyd murder was identified: Carlos Ortiz, a 27-year-old man who lives in Bristol, Conn., Hernandez’s hometown.

Police said the shooter in the July 2012 attack fired numerous times into the car, striking Abreu and Furtado, who was in the passenger seat.

One of the back-seat passengers was shot three times in the arm but survived. He was rushed to Tufts Medical Center and was treated and released. The other two occupants fled the car and were unharmed.

The two men’s deaths at the time were a mystery to their families and police, who said they had no ties to criminal activity.

Furtado was a tour guide on the idyllic island of Boa Vista in Cape Verde, where he led a mostly European clientele on jaunts along silky sand dunes, whispering palm trees, and world-class beaches, his family said. He arrived in Dorchester five months before he was killed to reconnect with his mother and sister, whom he had not seen in a decade.

Abreu grew up in Cape Verde, where he worked as a police officer there. He arrived in Dorchester around 2008 and became friends with Furtado. The two men were working together for a cleaning company based on Hamilton Street in Dorchester at the time of their deaths.

Authorities never found the SUV tied to the shooting.

Hernandez’s arraignment Wednesday in the killing of Lloyd came after a week of suspense in which media had camped out in front of Hernandez’s home and followed his car by helicopter, in a futile search for details from tight-lipped law enforcement officials. Residents in Massachusetts and beyond have been riveted by the story of a young, highly paid professional athlete who may have squandered a bright future.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
LesBaker said:
Well we may have the motive now.....wow this, if true, paints a ghastly picture of Hernandez.

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/201...ficials-say/0GPNwDdsU4nguqnB2LADYM/story.html

Former New England Patriots player Aaron Hernandez, already facing charges in a murder last week in North Attleborough, is also being investigated in connection with a July 2012 double murder in Boston, according to two law enforcement officials briefed on the investigation.

Investigators believe a fight broke out at Cure, a club in the South End, between two men and a group that included Hernandez.

The two men, Daniel Abreu and Safiro Furtado, friends who grew up in Cape Verde, left the club with three other men in a BMW sedan in the early morning hours of July 16, 2012.

Abreu, who was driving, stopped at a traffic light on Shawmut Avenue, about to make a left onto Herald Street, when a silver or gray SUV with Rhode Island license plates pulled alongside the sedan. Someone from the SUV opened fire, killing Abreu, 29, and Furtado, 28.

The men who were with them survived the attack and the killings were left unsolved.

The officials said investigators now believe that Odin Lloyd, the man Hernandez is charged with killing in a North Attleborough industrial park June 17, may have had information about Hernandez’s role in the double slaying.

“The motive might have been that the victim knew [Hernandez] might have been involved,” one of the officials said.

The new revelations raised the specter that Hernandez might have been playing football games last season with the Patriots after he had participated in a double murder.

Hernandez pleaded not guilty Wednesday to murder and firearms charges in Attleboro District Court in the killing of Lloyd, who was shot to death June 17 in an industrial park near Hernandez’s North Attleborough home. In other news today, a second man connected to the Lloyd murder was identified: Carlos Ortiz, a 27-year-old man who lives in Bristol, Conn., Hernandez’s hometown.

Police said the shooter in the July 2012 attack fired numerous times into the car, striking Abreu and Furtado, who was in the passenger seat.

One of the back-seat passengers was shot three times in the arm but survived. He was rushed to Tufts Medical Center and was treated and released. The other two occupants fled the car and were unharmed.

The two men’s deaths at the time were a mystery to their families and police, who said they had no ties to criminal activity.

Furtado was a tour guide on the idyllic island of Boa Vista in Cape Verde, where he led a mostly European clientele on jaunts along silky sand dunes, whispering palm trees, and world-class beaches, his family said. He arrived in Dorchester five months before he was killed to reconnect with his mother and sister, whom he had not seen in a decade.

Abreu grew up in Cape Verde, where he worked as a police officer there. He arrived in Dorchester around 2008 and became friends with Furtado. The two men were working together for a cleaning company based on Hamilton Street in Dorchester at the time of their deaths.

Hernandez’s arraignment Wednesday in the killing of Lloyd came after a week of suspense in which media had camped out in front of Hernandez’s home and followed his car by helicopter, in a futile search for details from tight-lipped law enforcement officials. Residents in Massachusetts and beyond have been riveted by the story of a young, highly paid professional athlete who may have squandered a bright future.

Holy shit. Just...holy shit. If this is true, then this might go down as one of the most infamous cases involving an active football player ever. Three murders and one attempted murder. Things are not looking good for Hernandez at all.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Memento said:
LesBaker said:

Holy shit. Just...holy shit. If this is true, then this might go down as one of the most infamous cases involving an active football player ever. Three murders and one attempted murder. Things are not looking good for Hernandez at all.
Look, if Hernandez is found guilty by the jury, then the guy should go to jail. But lets not lose sight of the fact that the media exists to: (i) sell audiences to advertisers ;(ii) manipulate the public however media ownership wants; (iii) build careers of "journalists". Hence, I urge caution, as current media reports should be taken with a grain-of-salt.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Stranger said:
Look, if Hernandez is found guilty by the jury, then the guy should go to jail. But lets not loose sight of the fact that the media exists to: (i) sell audiences to advertisers, and (ii) manipulate the public however media ownership wants. Hence, I really caution taking all the current media reports with a grain-of-salt.

For sure you can't trust everything.....but this article makes it seem like they have knowledge of him being involved in it and that they are investigating to collect facts to bring charges.

Which means that his gang buddies are talking to the police about what happened.

This phrase is key to me:
The officials said investigators now believe that Odin Lloyd, the man Hernandez is charged with killing in a North Attleboro industrial park June 17, may have had information about Hernandez’s role in the double slaying.

I think they are gong to take their time and put the case together with the help of testimony from his "friends".

bluecoconuts

Legend
The police have said they're trying to see if there's a connection, so to me that's less about media trying to sell things.. Of course the media is trying to get ratings, but unless they're just making up that the police are trying to connect them (which is possible, but I don't think so) it's probably true....

I'd like to know if there's any link between the gun used in the 2012 shooting and the Lloyd... With a lot of evidence pointing his way, even with the media circus, I don't think Hernandez is clean at all... There was a former player who came out and said he never trusted him, he had a history of violent outbreaks against teammates as well. He's a scum bag, and his friends are likely singing like canaries.

iced

Unless the 3rd guy is cooperating with police, this case is very circumstantial and it can go either way. There is no murder weapon, the defense attorney stated that the only motive was "hernandez talking to these guys at a club" , and DA hasn't revealed too much about their side of the motive (I mean the actual DA, not the media) , unless I missed it - was at a friends and there was occasionally loud talking. Did they say anything about video on hernandez with the weapon in hand? didn't hear it, heard it reported before - want to know if the DA said it. If that's him, then I think he is screwed. But if that's not there, then I don't think there's enough hard evidence to really nail him. most of what I've heard from the DA was theories or speculation without any actual hard evidence. Very circumstantial and a lot of speculation. Hinges completely on the jury

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
LesBaker said:
Stranger said:
Look, if Hernandez is found guilty by the jury, then the guy should go to jail. But lets not loose sight of the fact that the media exists to: (i) sell audiences to advertisers, and (ii) manipulate the public however media ownership wants. Hence, I really caution taking all the current media reports with a grain-of-salt.

For sure you can't trust everything.....but this article makes it seem like they have knowledge of him being involved in it and that they are investigating to collect facts to bring charges.
So, they think they have some knowledge. Well, how credible is that knowledge? And, can the turn that knowledge in to proof sufficient to convince a jury where that knowledge is subject to very strict rules of evidence and where the sources of said knowledge will be vigorously cross-examined by a highly trained defense attorney?

LesBaker said:
Which means that his gang buddies are talking to the police about what happened.
Gang buddies aren't very credible, and are extremely good liars, especially when there own neck is on the line.

LesBaker said:
This phrase is key to me:
The officials said investigators now believe that Odin Lloyd, the man Hernandez is charged with killing in a North Attleboro industrial park June 17, may have had information about Hernandez’s role in the double slaying.

I think they are gong to take their time and put the case together with the help of testimony from his "friends".
So, the investigators believe there is a connection. Big deal. What can they prove?

bluecoconuts said:
The police have said they're trying to see if there's a connection, so to me that's less about media trying to sell things.. Of course the media is trying to get ratings, but unless they're just making up that the police are trying to connect them (which is possible, but I don't think so) it's probably true....

I'd like to know if there's any link between the gun used in the 2012 shooting and the Lloyd... With a lot of evidence pointing his way, even with the media circus, I don't think Hernandez is clean at all... There was a former player who came out and said he never trusted him, he had a history of violent outbreaks against teammates as well. He's a scum bag, and his friends are likely singing like canaries.
You don't think the Police are "using" the media as well? Who knows what the motive might be by the police saying "they're trying to see if there's a connection"? Gov't institutions lie, cajole and manipulate in order to gain leverage. And what questions is the media really asking? They're running with whatever the police feed them because it feeds the frenzy.

I want to stress that I'm not attempting to apologize for Hernandez's actions, especially if he's found guilty. But let's stay real and continue to be aware of all the various motives of the players involved in this high profile story. I just hate to see mob-mentality take hold, no matter the circumstances.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Stranger said:
Look, if Hernandez is found guilty by the jury, then the guy should go to jail. But lets not lose sight of the fact that the media exists to: (i) sell audiences to advertisers ;(ii) manipulate the public however media ownership wants; (iii) build careers of "journalists". Hence, I urge caution, as current media reports should be taken with a grain-of-salt.

Interesting you chose blue font for this. :sly:

But anyway, you are right of course. So let's look at the real facts of the case..

He's a patsy.... GUILTY!!!

bluecoconuts

Legend
Stranger said:
You don't think the Police are "using" the media as well? Who knows what the motive might be by the police saying "they're trying to see if there's a connection"? Gov't institutions lie, cajole and manipulate in order to gain leverage. And what questions is the media really asking? They're running with whatever the police feed them because it feeds the frenzy.

I want to stress that I'm not attempting to apologize for Hernandez's actions, especially if he's found guilty. But let's stay real and continue to be aware of all the various motives of the players involved in this high profile story. I just hate to see mob-mentality take hold, no matter the circumstances.

Personally no I don't think the police are... In fact in my experience, they probably hate the media attention. Military is the same way, most hate media attention... I know that Government's lie, that's part of their job, but I don't think they have any reason to lie about a situation like this... Especially with a police agency trying to manipulate a case through the media.

I think it boils down to individual bias's towards the government. You see the Government one way, I see it another.. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they're perfect, but since they sign my paychecks, I don't think they're all that bad. :razzed:

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Stranger with maybe a little hyperbole:

Frankly, I deny the validity of all those points of yours.

Saying the media exists to (i) sell audiences to advertisers is akin to saying firemen exist to cause fires.
Saying the media exists to (ii) manipulate the public however media ownership wants. Is totally unfounded and ridiculous IMO.
Saying the media exists to (iii) build careers is akin to saying firemen encourage the starting of fires because they provide them a job.

Do all those things happen sometimes? Sure
Do media outlets want to make money? Sure,it's a business like other enterprises but they can make money without doing any of those things you accused them of.

Is the media composed of good actors and bad actors? Sure.

What I do agree with is your last sentence where you say that the current media reports should be taken with a grain of salt. So should much of the advice our parents gave us when we were growing up. I think they trying to scare us. Our parents I mean.

Was that post a blue font thing again?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
RamFan503 said:
Stranger said:

But anyway, you are right of course. So let's look at the real facts of the case..

Yup, Forget everything I said.

Let's Just Hang the S.O.B.

And howabout us Rams brutha's assemble the mob to do the deed. I mean, who else better suited than all of us diehard fans so wronged by the Patriots and Spygate.

Where do I get my pick and shovel?

PS. RED for effect.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Stranger said:
RamFan503 said:
Stranger said:

And howabout us Rams brutha's assemble the mob to do the deed. I mean, who else better suited than all of us diehard fans so wronged by the Patriots and Spygate.

PS. RED for effect.

:mrgreen:

iced

Stranger said:
RamFan503 said:
Stranger said:

PS. RED for effect.

blue font usually means sarcasm man lol

Psycho_X

Legend
iced said:
Stranger said:
RamFan503 said:
Stranger said:

PS. RED for effect.

blue font usually means sarcasm man lol

It does? I'm lost.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Stranger finally making some sense:

PS. RED for effect.

OK, this I can get on board with. I've got a bad back but I can tie a hangman's noose. :bummed:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well I think the police have reason to believe that they have their man in custody right now.

The text messages seem to be very important and Lloyd sent a couple to his sister saying who he was with and that he felt like he was in danger. One report is that he sent it twice with a text saying he wanted her to know. That came literally 2 or 3 minutes before he was murdered according to the timeline.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Reports are also saying that they were looking for a red SUV for the double homicide last year, and they've found it, and sure enough it was rented by Hernandez.

RhodyRams

well hung member
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SportsBook Bookie
from the folks at NFL Memes

Attachments

• 945617_556649511048408_867567002_n.png
    945617_556649511048408_867567002_n.png
    284 KB · Views: 138

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Psycho_X adrift in the Land of the Lost with albe:
It does? I'm lost.

Just do the opposite of what I do and you'll probably be OK.

I think they just got me again. :wahhh:

I'm plotting my revenge. :7up: