The Browns could have had Kurt Warner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
On the Brenda/Martz scale I'm 50-50. They both share some blame.

Well, to each their own.

My deal is that Martz was supposed to be a professional football Head Coach and instead he conducted himself with the spite of someone in junior high school.

If Martz doesn't lie, Brenda doesn't get involved. And Kurt was trying like hell to do what Martz wanted even busted up.

I realize some have issues with Brenda, but I think that misses the point.

Martz was the HC and because of his arrogance, pettiness, and spite, he pushed out and lied about a HoF QB.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...have-been-fun-to-win-super-bowl-in-cleveland/

Kurt Warner on ’99 expansion draft: It would have been fun to win Super Bowl in Cleveland
Posted by Charean Williams on July 13, 2017

2482020-e1499976452759.jpg
Getty Images

In 1999, the Browns used the 29th spot in the expansion draft on Scott Milanovich of the Buccaneers and then selected Tim Couch No. 1 overall in the NFL Draft. Milanovich never threw a pass for the Browns, and Couch lasted only five seasons, going 22-37 with 64 touchdowns and 67 interceptions.

The Browns have had 26 other starting quarterbacks besides Couch, and are yet to find a franchise signal caller.

But the Browns could have had that guy in 1999 when the Rams left Kurt Warner unprotected in the expansion draft. Warner, of course, was a nobody then, having thrown only 11 career passes.

Warner said Thursday nothing would have changed for him, except the team he played for, but the Browns would have won a Super Bowl with him if they had foresight.

“Had I gone to Cleveland, how would my career be different? I have no idea,” Warner said on a Pro Football Hall of Fame conference call. “It would have been fun to win a Super Bowl in Cleveland, though. But I think when you’re going through the process, and you get to this point I always felt like wherever I was, I would be successful.

A lot of people I think when they see my career, they hear or they remember I sat on the bench for four years in college, got cut by the Packers, worked in a grocery store and then won the Super Bowl. That’s kind of the timeline that people see when they hear Kurt Warner.

When I look at the timeline, I look at it and say, ‘Played one year in college, was player of the year in my conference, I played three years in Arena Football, went to the Arena Bowl twice and was voted the best quarterback in the league all three seasons, went to Europe for a year and was the top quarterback statistically the season I played there.

So I look at it and say every time I played I was successful. Everybody else looks at it and says he didn’t play very much. So there were two different perspectives on it.

“So had I gone to Cleveland, I would have expected nothing else except to have success, somehow, someway, some form. Had I been on the field, I would have expected to play well and have success. . . . I believe had I gone there and had a chance to play, I would have helped that franchise go to places they’ve never been before.

Whether it’s arrogance or confidence or whatever you want to call it, that was my mentality when I stepped between the lines on a football field that I was going to make my team and somehow, someway, I was going to find a way to succeed.”

Things worked out just fine for Warner. Trent Green got hurt; Warner got his chance and won a Super Bowl for the Rams, and he enters the Hall of Fame in the Class of 2017. Meanwhile, the Browns’ search for a quarterback continues.

Interesting....
Also, the Packers did have him....and cut him.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, to each their own.

My deal is that Martz was supposed to be a professional football Head Coach and instead he conducted himself with the spite of someone in junior high school.

If Martz doesn't lie, Brenda doesn't get involved. And Kurt was trying like hell to do what Martz wanted even busted up.

I realize some have issues with Brenda, but I think that misses the point.

Martz was the HC and because of his arrogance, pettiness, and spite, he pushed out and lied about a HoF QB.

I have nothing against Brenda Warner, she stuck up for her man. But it worsened an already volatile situation. KW was suffering from what was then referred to as "floppy thumb syndrome." If I recall correctly he was injured during a game against the Chiefs and should have gotten a lot more rest to heal up than he did.

Martz, because of his pride, thought he could win with any quarterback. And the rest is history. Unfortunately.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
2000 was a crazy season. I think it is the only time a team was first in total points and last in giving them up.
This website (http://mcubed.net/nfl/ptmpapg.shtml) has a list of 102 teams with the highest points allowed/game average. According to the website, the 2000 Rams gave up an average of 29.4 points/game (471) which is tied for the 21st highest average ever. Of the 102 teams, the 2000 Rams are the only team to finish with a winning record. They are also the only team on that list to make the playoffs.

That was a damn good offense. If we had any kind of defense that season we most likely would've gone back-to-back. That would have been a great Super Bowl too! The 2000 Ravens defense vs the 2000 Rams offense...