The Big TV Series Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really liked season 1 of Legion. Season 2 has delved even deeper into the psycho stuff and at times, I must admit, I am confused and a little lost. I think that is part of the intent by the writers but, damn! It feels like a little too much. The last episode had nothing to do with the story. It was just all about alternate timelines. It showed David in so many other possible lives, for an entire show! If they keep pushing it the audience will grow bored. I know I am starting too.
Wow, this is all I needed to see. I barely made it thru season 1, was confused the whole time. So if season 2 hasn't taken the ball and ran with it, I'm tapping out. Will delete this from the DVR record list and maybe catch it down the road on Netflix....
Thanks for the heads up!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yup, it's a slow starter. I wouldn't have stuck it out if it wasn't for SYFY, way back, making the first 4 episodes available online all at once.

As a critic said:

https://www.cnet.com/news/the-expan...OS-05-10aaa0b&linkId=51619915#ftag=CAD590a51e

But no show is for everyone.
Great info, thank you for sharing!!!
Funny, I actually thought my confusion and disappointment with this show was similar to my frustration with Game of Thrones!
I guess the big difference for me with GOT was the ability to check out the GOT threads and get an idea from other posters what I was missing.
Of course the gratuitous nudity made it worth fighting thru too....

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Great info, thank you for sharing!!!
Funny, I actually thought my confusion and disappointment with this show was similar to my frustration with Game of Thrones!
I guess the big difference for me with GOT was the ability to check out the GOT threads and get an idea from other posters what I was missing.
Of course the gratuitous nudity made it worth fighting thru too....

I love GoT. I have no trouble following it, but last summer it felt that they were trying to cover too much in a short time. Crunch time sucks for a show like GoT

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
I really liked season 1 of Legion. Season 2 has delved even deeper into the psycho stuff and at times, I must admit, I am confused and a little lost. I think that is part of the intent by the writers but, damn! It feels like a little too much. The last episode had nothing to do with the story. It was just all about alternate timelines. It showed David in so many other possible lives, for an entire show! If they keep pushing it the audience will grow bored. I know I am starting too.

^^^^^Agree with this

On the one hand, I'm sure an army of film school nerds could give us an essay about the meaning and implications of every shot of every episode.

On the other hand, I'd march that army off a cliff if I had a chance. It just seems like the show wants to be confusing and weird for the sake of being confusing and weird and it's getting/gotten old. Don't get me wrong, I'd add an upside down interrogation room to my house if given the chance and all, but, to me, it just doesn't feel like it's actually adding something.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Ok I’m still watching. In early season 2.
Still don’t know what’s going on

Yes, a lot of people disliked the new Martian Marine character. Yes there's character evolution. Yes a lot of questions from Season 1 are answered in Season 2.

Here, this should be safe for right after season 2, episode 2
https://www.geek.com/television/the...relevant-spectacular-season-premiere-1687366/
It was sent by an unknown alien enemy, targeted at Earth. Nobody knows who sent it, but if Eros is anything to go by, humanity would have taken a big hit had it not ended up on Phoebe instead. Dresden tells everyone that Eros was an experiment to see if they could control the Protomolecule to evolve humanity. Dresden says he wants to use the bioweapon to prepare humanity for an unknown alien threat. So he had a semi-decent reason for what he’s doing. Of course, that doesn’t change the fact that he committed genocide on one of the poorest, most marginalized populations in the solar system.

More here for season 2, episodes 1-2
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/the-...ason-2-premiere-review-safe-and-doors-corners

Also, here's one view of season 1 vs. season 2
Anyway, why am I talking about The Expanse? Because even though its first season was a total goddamn mess, it features some of the best future military tech since the 2004 Battlestar Galactica reboot made F-16 pilots green with envy. The episode ‘CQB,’ which featured stealth spacecraft surprising and kicking the shit out of the Martian Navy equivalent of the USS Gerald Ford.
And the second season is a major improvement: better, faster, and filled with enough space aggression to make Luke Skywalker look like a pacifist.
https://taskandpurpose.com/expanse-military-science-fiction-show/

Update: 113k+ sigs and rising
https://www.change.org/p/amazon-or-netflix-please-buy-the-rights-to-the-expanse-savetheexpanse

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Last Of The Summer Wine

an old British TV show , it ran for like 35 years or so over in the UK , we get it now on our local PBS station and I've become addicted to it

basic concept of the show , it follows three elderly gentlemen , who basically just wander around the country side doing pretty much nothing all day , and that really , pretty much it......................lol

but............

in their daily journey's you get to meet several of the local villiagers

the show ran for 35 years , so the main three characters changed a couple times over those years , and like most shows , the number of side characters grew as well

it's a comedy , but a very charming and easy going comedy

The village , or so they make it seem , is pretty much just made up of mostly elderly people , or at least all the ones we meet ,

if this was a real place , I know exactly where I would want to retire..............lol

4e0e91e537793704ea0cb6bfcfd80eba.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I gave up after I think episode 3 this season. Just got tired of them always being out in left field.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One of the shows producers said GoT season 8 will be in April.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone watch Brockmire? An absolute pisser.
On IFC channel if you can view on demand or it’s on Hulu

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Just watched the first 2 episodes of Fearless on amazon prime and I'm hooked. Sorta of like Goliath except with an english female lawyer.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Ok, so I started on this show, and in general, I like it.
Only thing is, I am on episode 4 or 5 and have 5 to go.
Ok, I get it. Point received.
Does it really take 5 more hours to unfold? Seems like its just stretching out what could be wrapped up.

I watched the finale last night. It's one of those shows that builds as it goes. It's emphasis is on developing the characters of these doomed men instead of shocking surprises like the zombie shows use.

Breaking Bad was like that because it showed Walter White starting off as a mild mannered chemistry teacher who over time became a murderous drug kingpin. Shows like that take patience. At least The Terror was only one season.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I watched the finale last night. It's one of those shows that builds as it goes. It's emphasis is on developing the characters of these doomed men instead of shocking surprises like the zombie shows use.

Breaking Bad was like that because it showed Walter White starting off as a mild mannered chemistry teacher who over time became a murderous drug kingpin. Shows like that take patience. At least The Terror was only one season.
I’ve got 5 episodes to go. I get it that it’s a slow build but unlike Breaking Bad, it seems pretty clear where it’s headed.
Good show though, I’m enjoying for sure

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What you should have said to me was, "Just watch the darn show you impatient numbskull!!!"
Holy cow, I knocked out 2 more episodes and the slow burn has erupted in to a full on bonfire!!
Anyone reading this far, please disregard my earlier comments, "The Terror" is a great show