The Big TV Series Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TXRams86

The Infamous
I figured because we have no such thread here it was time we started one!
I didn't want to create threads for each individual show and season. Made more sense to start a big one to house them all!

The most recent TV series I've seen are Stranger Things and American Horror Story.

The wife, who can't sit through a horror movie, loved Stranger Things. It's an awesome series by Netflix with a great 70's feeling. The acting is great, the story is interesting and I absolutely love the soundtrack; it's one of the BEST I've ever heard. You can literally binge watch it in one day but I guarantee you'll be left wanting more. I can't wait for season 2. Not recommended to watch with kids due to the nature of the content and language. Here's a trailer:

As far as American Horror Story goes, I've seen every episode of every season up until the episode that aired yesterday (season 6, episode 1). I've loved every single season but I have to admit that the best were the first two. It's definitely worth a binge watch to catch up but will undoubtedly take you a while. The story goes that all 6 seasons are connected in some way, with season 6 tying a lot of them together (finally!). I don't want to give too much away but each season is something different: horror house, witchcraft, asylum, carnival, vampires...pretty diverse in terms of horror themes. Strong recommendation for you horror buffs. Definitely not recommended to watch with kids due to the nature of content, language, gore and strong sexual content.

What are you watching?
The wife and I are going to be starting Narcos sometime this weekend. I've heard great things about it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Monday: Football during the season, and switch between old Simpsons reruns and WWE Raw every other time.

Tuesday: WWE Smackdown, Zoo on CBS (although I missed a chunk of season 2), MadTV (childhood show), Agents of SHIELD.

Wednesday: Usually this is video game night, but Vikings is going to be on Wednesdays this fall.

Thursday: Football, Vikings (when it's on). Simpsons reruns.

Friday: Movie night or video game night, depends on the mood.

Saturday: Football during the season, 2nd movie night when it's not.

Sunday: Simpsons reruns, new Simpsons, football during the season, video game night. I despise Sundays. All the popular shows are on and I don't have any interest in any.

Sometimes History puts on specials like World War 2, Mankind, etc. I'll watch those. Nat Geo has things like Story of God and other shows that are still solid. I used to love Dual Survival, but it's getting stale now and the duo isn't as enjoyable as the old ones. Might dab into Masterchef or Hells Kitchen b/c of Gordon Ramsay. But there's too much fake drama, especially in Hell's Kitchen. All the cooks are disgusting, sweaty, and spiteful people.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Competely agree on AHS. Also watch agents of Shield, the Strain, and Tyrant. Tyrant hasn't been good this season. Too predictable.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Competely agree on AHS. Also watch agents of Shield, the Strain, and Tyrant. Tyrant hasn't been good this season. Too predictable.
I lost interest in Agents of Shield long ago , probably somewhere around episode 3 of season 1

But this year Ghost Rider will be coming on board , although Ghost Rider on Agents of Shield just seems kinda odd , they spent all last year trying to introduce the Inhumans , and now this year their bringing in Ghost Rider , two completely different aspects of the Marvel Universe

When I first read that marvel was planning on bringing Ghost Rider to TV , I just assumed he would be part of the Nexflix shows along with Daredevil and Punisher

So I'll be tuning into Agents of Shield next week, at least for a couple shows to see what they do with Ghost Rider

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Ghost Rider made his debut on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. last night

Never been much of a fan of the show and haven't really watched any of it since the first couple episodes of season one , but still paid attention , hoping one day they might actually put Marvel Characters in the Marvel TV show , and for the first three seasons , nope , but now , finally , after three years

Ghost Rider !!!!!

It took three years but they finally got one , still wasn't all that impressed with the show , but The Ghost Rider was pretty cool , all two minutes of him , but we'll be seeing a lot of him , so I'll keep tuning in

They should just change the name of the show to Ghost Rider , and just forget the rest of S.H.I.E.L.D

TXRams86

The Infamous
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know I'm pretty late to the party but I've started to binge watch Lost.
I'm only on season 2 but its really got my attention.
The wife doesn't like the plot much so she's left me to watch it alone.

Everyone says that the ending sucks.
I know there are a ton of conspiracy theories about the show so I'm VERY intrigued.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Currently watching Peaky Blinders on Netflix
The Strain is awesome and I am thoroughly enjoying Fear the Walking Dead

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
If you looking for some good football stories try.

Undefeated: Documentary about a HS football team in TN. Very good 4 of 5 Stars, can be seen on Netflix
Last Chance U: 6 episode documentary on Amazon. Good 3 of 5 stars
Ballers: Mini series, think Entourage for football. 5 of 5 stars HBO. Season 2 is about to end, watch from season 1

Non Sports.
Vice Principals: HBO mini series. Season 1 just ended. 5 of 5 stars.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
January 29th the final season of Black Sails starts.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Binge watched 'Justified' on Amazon Prime, that was wild and deadly. Also recommend 'Rectify' on Sundance if you get the opportunity, as that series just reached its conclusion.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Okay, just found this thread. If a mod wants to move my tv shows threads here it is fine with me. I haven't been here for a while so totally missed this on the bottom.

Sneaky Pete on Amazon Prime is a very good show.