CARDINALS The Arizona Cardinals Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
They played hard last year. I’ve got more talent in my big toe than that roster though.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
This really makes zero sense. I'm guessing they are out on Tune being their backup.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
How does this benefit the Cards at all? Get rid of a playmaker for a backup QB. Makes no sense at all.
Way I read it they're gonna go WR in the draft and double down on the smurf at QB. Ridder gives them a more experienced option for if and when they need to sit Murray.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Here is a 2024 NFL draft pick-by-pick breakdown for the Arizona Cardinals:

Round 1 (No. 4 overall) — Marvin Harrison Jr., WR, Ohio State: The first non-quarterback off the board – and arguably the best player in the draft among an amazing group of receivers – “Maserati Marv” immediately becomes the No. 1 wideout on a Cards squad that lost Hollywood Brown during free agency. Yet Harrison, 21, the son of his Hall of Fame namesake, should be a significant step up from Brown as a rookie – especially if he can quickly fulfill his widely cited comparison to Arizona legend Larry Fitzgerald. Big (6-3, 209), fast, precise and competitive, the two-time All-American and 2023 Biletnikoff Award winner as college football’s best wideout, Harrison will beat you with his route running, at the point of the catch or downfield depending on the situation. He’s exceeded 1,200 receiving yards and found the end zone 14 times each of the past two seasons and might be the best to roll off what seems like a Buckeyes wide receiver assembly line. No one’s likely to be happier than Cardinals QB Kyler Murray, who hasn’t had a 1,000-yard target since DeAndre Hopkins in 2020. Draft tracker

Round 1 (27, from Texans) — Darius Robinson, DE, Missouri: The 6-5, 285-pound All-SEC selection has the size and athleticism to play inside or out while thriving against the run or pass – all traits a defense that’s weak up front and allowed the second-most points in the league in 2023 could badly use. His leadership will also be a boon to a young defense. Draft tracker

Round 2 (43, from Falcons) — Max Melton, CB, Rutgers: Picked off eight passes in three years for the Scarlet Knights. With 4.39 speed, the 5-11, 187-pounder could show up in Arizona as the Cards' top corner. Draft tracker

Round 3 (66) — Trey Benson, RB, Florida State: Big (6-0, 216), fast (4.39 40 time) and productive (2,267 yards and 24 TDs from scrimmage over past two seasons). While at Oregon, he tore his ACL, MCL, lateral meniscus, medial meniscus and hamstring in practice late in the 2020 season. Should immediately take some load off James Conner. Draft tracker

Round 3 (71, from Titans) — Isaiah Adams, G, Illinois: Could compete for starting job straight away given suspect blocking in front of QB Kyler Murray. Draft tracker

Round 3 (82, from Colts) — Tip Reiman, TE, Illinois: Versatile player who might be destined for dirty work behind emergent TE Trey McBride. Draft tracker

Round 3 (90, from Texans) — Elijah Jones, CB, Boston College: Arizona continues stacking its secondary with a player who swiped seven passes over the past two seasons, usually playing near the boundary. Draft tracker

Round 4 (104)

Round 5 (138)

Round 5 (162, from Texans)

Round 6 (191, from Colts)

Round 7 (226, from Giants)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm still laughing at both the irony and stupidity of the Tip Reiman pick.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Marvin Harrison could be a problem for our secondary twice a year. But I'm counting on the Cardinals to find a way to screw it up.