CARDINALS The Arizona Cardinals Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I’m not sure what you are talking about
Unfortunately I deleted it and cannot show you.

I think you must have pasted in media of some type and our software didn’t take it. Instead… it inserted a bunch of characters.

Do you see a post of yours missing? It was made right before OldSchool’s reply this morning.

HERE

I had to delete it because the character load was so heavy the page was slow to render.

No worries. All good, you spammer.

CGI

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Unfortunately I deleted it and cannot show you.

I think you must have pasted in media of some type and our software didn’t take it. Instead… it inserted a bunch of characters.

Do you see a post of yours missing? It was made right before OldSchool’s reply this morning.

HERE

I had to delete it because the character load was so heavy the page was slow to render.

No worries. All good, you spammer.

CGI
Ah. My first attempt to post that picture about the Cardinals owing Kyler Murray 90 million if he’s injured didn’t work the first time. So I did it a different way the second time. I didn’t think anything posted from the first attempt.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
$230M, with $160M guaranteed.

That guaranteed percentage (70%-75%) is what all the big-$ QB-contract extensions have been for years.

The exception was Deshaun Watson who had a no trade clause and said 'No thank you' to a trade to Cleveland before Browns' owner Jimmy Haslam said: 'What if I fully guarantee your contract'
... to which Watson replied: 'Cleveland sounds like a lovely place to play football'.

Then for two years, Lamar Jackson said: 'Cleveland re-set the market!'; and most Talking-Head Ex-NFL players commented: 'Damn Right It Did. Give the Man his Money!!!'

Despite Jackson's position and the Talking Heads' commentary, every QB that signed a big-$ extension after Watson, received guaranteed money that represented about 70%-75% of the contract total.

Eventually, Jackson signed for about $260M, with ... Wait For It ... 70%-75% guaranteed.
So like Murray, he could get a long term injury and not play another down and still make bank. It’s crazy how much money this league is producing to be able to do that.

It’s no wonder other people have tried creating their own football league.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Hasn't even entered the league yet and his father wants to change the draft system which has worked for over 50 years and has made the league the biggest in the country by far.

These bozos deserve each other.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’d do it if I were him. However they are likely to be picking first next year too.

Some QBs in the past have refused to play for a certain team. Maybe he could go that route.

oldnotdead

Legend
I just think it's been obvious the moment I saw them pick Tune that he was going to be their QB1 this year. This stuff about Murray not playing has been out there for a long fucking time. I was saying months ago he wasn't going to see the field but I guess no one took me seriously. Murray knows he's going to be traded and he gets his guaranteed contract no matter what. It's why it makes no sense for him to play another down in AZ.

He will sit on his ass playing his Madden collecting millions laughing at the fool Bidwell. Any player that wants a fully guaranteed contract should simply be traded by what ever teams he's on. IMO Murray and Watson have made a mockery of the Browns and Cardinals to the extent any team that signs a player to a fully guaranteed contract is beyond foolish.

IMO the Cards and Hawks will be fighting it out to see who ends up 3rd in the NFCW. Hell both of them could be picking in the top 12 of next year's draft. Tune is a decent rookie but he's not ready, and Smith and Purdy have a lot to prove. I don't see either one duplicating last year. That said I think Purdy might have a better shot simply because of the team around him.

Tano

Legend
I just think it's been obvious the moment I saw them pick Tune that he was going to be their QB1 this year. This stuff about Murray not playing has been out there for a long fucking time. I was saying months ago he wasn't going to see the field but I guess no one took me seriously. Murray knows he's going to be traded and he gets his guaranteed contract no matter what. It's why it makes no sense for him to play another down in AZ.

He will sit on his ass playing his Madden collecting millions laughing at the fool Bidwell. Any player that wants a fully guaranteed contract should simply be traded by what ever teams he's on. IMO Murray and Watson have made a mockery of the Browns and Cardinals to the extent any team that signs a player to a fully guaranteed contract is beyond foolish.

IMO the Cards and Hawks will be fighting it out to see who ends up 3rd in the NFCW. Hell both of them could be picking in the top 12 of next year's draft. Tune is a decent rookie but he's not ready, and Smith and Purdy have a lot to prove. I don't see either one duplicating last year. That said I think Purdy might have a better shot simply because of the team around him.
They just announced they are playing their QB they got from Cleveland

And I took you mostly seriously about Murray since I agree - they won't play him until he is fully healthy and when may that be? Next year?

oldnotdead

Legend
Personally, I think the Cardinals are going to call the Jets about trading for Murray. He technically can return in week 5. It would take that many weeks just to coach him up on the offense (assuming he would actually study it). The Jets are desperate and IMO the Cards would be remiss in not taking the opportunity to unload Murray early getting multiple one's in the process.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Personally, I think the Cardinals are going to call the Jets about trading for Murray. He technically can return in week 5. It would take that many weeks just to coach him up on the offense (assuming he would actually study it). The Jets are desperate and IMO the Cards would be remiss in not taking the opportunity to unload Murray early getting multiple one's in the process.
I wouldn’t think that the Jets wouldn’t offer more than a conditional first for Murray noting his salary cap hit and injury history

oldnotdead

Legend
The Jets aren't exactly the smartest franchise....just look at how much they will pay Rodgers for one snap. They need to keep their fans engaged. No matter who they bring in it's going to be a few weeks to bring that player up to speed. We won't tell them that Murray never studies film.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You realize how much cap space the Jets have? And how much they'd have next year with both those guys dedicated to qb?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu