The anti-vent thread (no negativity)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Two games to prove we belong coming up AT home,if we manage to even our record at the expense of our next two opponents ,we are legit no matter what stupid shit happened leading up to it.
We have an opportunity to turn the season around ,that's as positive as I can be right now

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Philly offense only mustered 156 yards, 6 first downs and 7 points in 2nd half (Thanks to a short field, 24 yards)

If anyone is familiar with Chip Kelly and this offense, he loves to roll up the points on a beaten team. They didnt call the dogs off.

I think I'm just going to hang around this thread all week because like the Dallas game, there was plenty more good than bad to review

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I was watching the game with some neighbors and they all said how Davis just moves the offense so much better than they had seen from us in recent years. They also noticed that Jake flipping Long almost got him killed multiple times. Man is that kid tough. Hit the ice tub kid, cuz we need you to put some bruises on that 9er defense this Thurs!!

Brian Quick: Right. On. Schedule.
Britt, Cookie and Quick: Going to be a handful for secondaries this year.
STEDMAN!!!!

KJD_Ram

Rookie
I liked the fact that in the 4th quarter, game was on the line, on D we had 4 rookies on the field.....Westbrooks, Donald, Gaines and Joyner....That is going to be a formidable defense in the future.

goldenram

UDFA
3 degrees separation from Favre?

Found this Short article on help from Favre from draft time.....

Southern Miss Quarterback Receives Coaching From Favre and All It Entails
By Brian Carriveau on Feb 23, 2012
INDIANAPOLIS––Southern Mississippi quarterback Austin Davis is doing his best Aaron Rodgers imitation, trying to escape the considerable shadow cast by Brett Favre while at the same time embracing his positive qualities.
Davis, who attended the same college as Favre, is going through the annual rigmarole that is the NFL Combine and dealing with the odd push and pull, gravity and repellant that comes with being associated with Ol' Gunslinger. On one hand, there's plenty about Favre any quarterback would like to adopt: his arm strength, his toughness, his playmaking ability to name but a few.
But whether it's Aaron Rodgers or Austin Davis, they want to be their own quarterback and forge their own image. "He's done so much in the NFL. That's really, I'd say, his legacy," said Davis of Favre at Lucas Oil Stadium on Thursday while wearing––as fate would have it––his Combine-issued No. 4 orange Under Armour shirt.
It's just coincidence, however. Davis is the fourth quarterback in alphabetical order at the Combine. But he can't hide from the omnipresence of Favre in Hattiesburg, Miss.
"He's still the legend that he is at Southern," said Davis. "Everybody knows Brett around Hattiesburg, so he's really just another guy."
Most people know Favre as more than "just another guy," though. He's a larger-than-life figure known for both his on- and off-field exploits.
And now, Davis is among a group of players receiving instruction from Favre as the young quarterback prepares for the NFL Draft in April. They practice at Oak Grove High School in Hattiesburg.
Sound familiar?
According to Davis, it's the site "where he was hiding out during his 'I don't know if I'm going to retire, but maybe I'm going to retire' time period.'"
Favre will show up a half hour into their workout coming from doing whatever it is that retired Brett Favre does.
"I think one day he was planting pine trees," said Davis.
And the instruction begins.
"So he walks up," explains Davis. "We're already working out, and he just starts, 'Do this, do that. I like this. Let's run this route.' And pretty much just coaches us up."
Anyone that's watched Favre play football knows his style of play sometimes defied convention: the innate escapability, the underhanded passes.
Sometimes they led to incredible, seemingly law-defying results. Other times they led to one of his NFL-history-leading 336 interceptions.
As far as could be judged from one conversation with Davis, Favre's coaching style is much the same.
"It's kind of difficult because he'll do stuff, and I'm like 'Brett, I can't do that. I don't have that kind of ability,'" said Davis. "I'm like 'Teach me something.'"
And on the other hand ...
"(Favre is) arguably one of the greatest to ever play the game, so how could you not want to listen to that guy and listen to what he has to say?"
Yup. That's Favre in a nutshell. One part awe-inspiring. One part head-scratching.
The similarities between Davis and Favre are inescapable, Mississippi natives that led Southern Miss to college success. Likewise, their Southern drawl is unmistakeable.
But there are obvious differences too. Favre was a second-round draft choice, while Davis said he's hearing that he'll be anywhere from a late-round draft choice to going undrafted.
Davis has to overcome the notion that he's merely a system quarterback after having operated out of the spread and the shotgun in college. That's one of the things he's working with Favre at improving, footwork that comes with dropping back from under center.
At the same time, it was also the offensive system that allowed Davis to become an even more decorated college quarterback than his mentor.
So just how many school records of Favre's did Davis break?
"All of them," said Davis. "We ran the spread. We probably threw it more than he ever did.
"But I guess I'll always have that over him."

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You know, this year is tough for me because I have schedule conflicts on Sundays now so all I really get to see are the stats at the end and what you guys post. I can't physically watch the game so I have a tendency of following the flock when it comes to our performance this year.

That being said, I can take pride into knowing that our defense only gave up 20. It is definitely understandable for an offense lead by Davis to have some bumps in the road. I can take solace in that. I also think the NFC West can mature our players very quickly. We could very well be one of those teams that simply get hot towards the end when the lights come on!

And 7 of that 20 was a short, as in 24 yard, drive from the fumble.

bskrilla

Starter
Great point! I am very happy with the "new Schotty" this year. I only had 2 complaints this game -- the empty backfield in the first red zone blunder, and not riding Zac enough when he's starting to roll. Last season I'd have ten times that many complaints. Too bad Schotty's improvement hasn't translated into more wins, for all the crap he's taken (from me included) he deserves to be getting big praise for this offensive production, especially with an inexperienced QB.

I think a lot of this "new shotty" has to do with actually having good receivers. I think this is the offense he's wanted to run all along.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Found this Short article on help from Favre from draft time.....

Southern Miss Quarterback Receives Coaching From Favre and All It Entails
By Brian Carriveau on Feb 23, 2012
INDIANAPOLIS––Southern Mississippi quarterback Austin Davis is doing his best Aaron Rodgers imitation, trying to escape the considerable shadow cast by Brett Favre while at the same time embracing his positive qualities.
Davis, who attended the same college as Favre, is going through the annual rigmarole that is the NFL Combine and dealing with the odd push and pull, gravity and repellant that comes with being associated with Ol' Gunslinger. On one hand, there's plenty about Favre any quarterback would like to adopt: his arm strength, his toughness, his playmaking ability to name but a few.
But whether it's Aaron Rodgers or Austin Davis, they want to be their own quarterback and forge their own image. "He's done so much in the NFL. That's really, I'd say, his legacy," said Davis of Favre at Lucas Oil Stadium on Thursday while wearing––as fate would have it––his Combine-issued No. 4 orange Under Armour shirt.
It's just coincidence, however. Davis is the fourth quarterback in alphabetical order at the Combine. But he can't hide from the omnipresence of Favre in Hattiesburg, Miss.
"He's still the legend that he is at Southern," said Davis. "Everybody knows Brett around Hattiesburg, so he's really just another guy."
Most people know Favre as more than "just another guy," though. He's a larger-than-life figure known for both his on- and off-field exploits.
And now, Davis is among a group of players receiving instruction from Favre as the young quarterback prepares for the NFL Draft in April. They practice at Oak Grove High School in Hattiesburg.
Sound familiar?
According to Davis, it's the site "where he was hiding out during his 'I don't know if I'm going to retire, but maybe I'm going to retire' time period.'"
Favre will show up a half hour into their workout coming from doing whatever it is that retired Brett Favre does.
"I think one day he was planting pine trees," said Davis.
And the instruction begins.
"So he walks up," explains Davis. "We're already working out, and he just starts, 'Do this, do that. I like this. Let's run this route.' And pretty much just coaches us up."
Anyone that's watched Favre play football knows his style of play sometimes defied convention: the innate escapability, the underhanded passes.
Sometimes they led to incredible, seemingly law-defying results. Other times they led to one of his NFL-history-leading 336 interceptions.
As far as could be judged from one conversation with Davis, Favre's coaching style is much the same.
"It's kind of difficult because he'll do stuff, and I'm like 'Brett, I can't do that. I don't have that kind of ability,'" said Davis. "I'm like 'Teach me something.'"
And on the other hand ...
"(Favre is) arguably one of the greatest to ever play the game, so how could you not want to listen to that guy and listen to what he has to say?"
Yup. That's Favre in a nutshell. One part awe-inspiring. One part head-scratching.
The similarities between Davis and Favre are inescapable, Mississippi natives that led Southern Miss to college success. Likewise, their Southern drawl is unmistakeable.
But there are obvious differences too. Favre was a second-round draft choice, while Davis said he's hearing that he'll be anywhere from a late-round draft choice to going undrafted.
Davis has to overcome the notion that he's merely a system quarterback after having operated out of the spread and the shotgun in college. That's one of the things he's working with Favre at improving, footwork that comes with dropping back from under center.
At the same time, it was also the offensive system that allowed Davis to become an even more decorated college quarterback than his mentor.
So just how many school records of Favre's did Davis break?
"All of them," said Davis. "We ran the spread. We probably threw it more than he ever did.
"But I guess I'll always have that over him."
Very cool. Thanks for posting it.