The actual real final last thread on Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol he made a good throw it was the perfect pass he scored the touchdown thats all thats matters, but dont be surprised when he throw that pass in a real game and its going the other way for 6

I will be surprised. Because that never happens. It's pretty much impossible to do. Because a QB throws that ball when the defender's back is turned. Which means that the defender does not have time to react to get his head around. Much less break on the football.

You see plays like the one Goff made every week in the NFL. It's a difficult throw that takes a lot of skill. But it's a throw a lot of QBs use when their WRs are covered.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
That pass is a incompletion or int if thats the 1st team defense out there
That corner is Mackenzie Alexander.......a very good rookie....in perfect coverage on a very nice throw.

I don't mind Goff's passes...Hell, he's getting better every week imo....I still say he burned starting with the boneheaded turnovers (picks & FUMBLES)....that's it...besides not knowing all the plays yet....

All that said, I'd still start him...If he leads 2 TD drives back to back, he's getting better as long as he doesn't have 3 turnovers...He needs reps to improve, and that's over as the 3rd string QB

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
Maybe?

Anyway, here are all of his throws from last night. You be the judge, but I saw two poorly thrown balls and FOUR DROPS. Yes, the fumble was his fault but the INT came on a great play by the D and a retarded ass play call. I still think he should start Monday night.

View: https://youtu.be/nPxlV9SYPfY

Ahh,No.Let him sit and learn.He has the skills but he needs to master playing under center.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I watched it now rewatch Goff throw you actually just made my point that pass had way more air under it then Goff pass did Britt didnt even jump were as Alshon had to jump. That pass looked more like the throw Mannion made then Goff throw. It was a complete line drive throw

You don't have to jump, that's just one of the options. The idea is that the ball is in a place where either your receiver gets it or nobody does. If you have a tall guy matched up against a short guy, then high is the better placement. If that's not the case then you look for the back shoulder, if Britt doesn't catch it, nobody does.

Was it perfect? No, he could have thrown it a touch more to the outside, but it's still a great throw, and a very hard one to make.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That corner is Mackenzie Alexander.......a very good rookie....in perfect coverage on a very nice throw.

I don't mind Goff's passes...Hell, he's getting better every week imo....I still say he burned starting with the boneheaded turnovers (picks & FUMBLES)....that's it...besides not knowing all the plays yet....

All that said, I'd still start him...If he leads 2 TD drives back to back, he's getting better as long as he doesn't have 3 turnovers...He needs reps to improve, and that's over as the 3rd string QB

Thats still a rookie against britt, im not saying it wasn't a good throw but if yall think he can get away with that pass against Richard sherman then think again

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You don't have to jump, that's just one of the options. The idea is that the ball is in a place where either your receiver gets it or nobody does. If you have a tall guy matched up against a short guy, then high is the better placement. If that's not the case then you look for the back shoulder, if Britt doesn't catch it, nobody does.

Was it perfect? No, he could have thrown it a touch more to the outside, but it's still a great throw, and a very hard one to make.

Of course you dont have to jump but thats the reason for a fade route.. to use the height advantage. Once again im not saying it wasnt a good throw i just dont want him to get comfortable throwing fade routes that way

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Im so tired of people thinking their opinions are the only 1's that count

bluecoconuts

Legend
Of course you dont have to jump but thats the reason for a fade route.. to use the height advantage. Once again im not saying it wasnt a good throw i just dont want him to get comfortable throwing fade routes that way

Ah, see there's the mixup... You're thinking about a fade.. It's a back shoulder, little different.

Watch this.

Keep in mind, Goff's release and velocity is the same as Rodgers, Goff can zip the ball at 58 MPH, one less than the record.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Lol cant say nothing even remotely negative against yall man crush lol.
It's not that simple.
It's way too easy to come into a message board and spew negativity every time one touches the keyboard.
That's called a pattern, which could easily be read by others as a personal agenda.

I respect fans who call it like they see it and put their opinions out there even if those opinions may not be popular(my posts, for example), but my Lord...some of you need to find another hobby or something. There is a consistent no-win defeatist, snarky attitude coming from many fans in here and IMO it's mostly agenda-driven and not about football fandom or analysis. If that's true then some of you are definitely on the wrong board. Whatever the reason, belive me i'm not the only one who's noticed and tired of it. There are plenty of other boards to log in to and take pot shots at coaches and players and declare in your own cute little way that the Rams are already 7-9.
Fuck all that.

Come on, man. You guys are better than this. The opener is right around the corner. Our record is 0-0
Where's the excitement?

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not that simple.
It's way too easy to come into a message board and spew negativity every time one touches the keyboard.
That's called a pattern, which could easily be read by others as a personal agenda.

I respect fans who call it like they see it and put their opinions out there even if those opinions may not be popular(my posts, for example), but my Lord...some of you need to find another hobby or something. There is a consistent no-win defeatist, snarky attitude coming from many fans in here and IMO it's mostly agenda-driven and not about football fandom or analysis. If that's true then some of you are definitely on the wrong board. Whatever the reason, belive me i'm not the only one who's noticed and tired of it. There are plenty of other boards to log in to and take pot shots at coaches and players and declare in your own cute little way that the Rams are already 7-9.
freak all that.

Come on, man. You guys are better than this. The opener is right around the corner. Our record is 0-0
Where's the excitement?

I dont spew negativity on this board i never have so i sont know what pattern you are talking about. Im pointing out my observation of 1 player I have to read eveybody talking about how great he is how awesome his footwork is. Just because i disagree about 1 guy doesnt mean im being negative it means i need to see more out of him then just riding his ass without him proving anything on the field. I have to listen to a million reasons as why its not Goff fault. I want the guy to succeed but at the same time he havent shown me anything to be excited about.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont spew negativity on this board i never have so i sont know what pattern you are talking about. Im pointing out my observation of 1 player I have to read eveybody talking about how great he is how awesome his footwork is. Just because i disagree about 1 guy doesnt mean im being negative it means i need to see more out of him then just riding his ass without him proving anything on the field. I have to listen to a million reasons as why its not Goff fault. I want the guy to succeed but at the same time he havent shown me anything to be excited about.

That td pass to britt was worth getting excited about. :fuelfire:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That td pass to britt was worth getting excited about. :fuelfire:

Yeah but it never would have happened if...
Hypothetical A
Hypothetical B
Hypothetical C
------------
------------
------------
------------
------------
Hypothetical Z
clk.gif