The actual real final last thread on Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
0:43. That touchdown pass to Kenny Britt. I seen that play on hard knocks first episode. They were practicing that pass route. Dont you think that is predictable?

That pass is a incompletion or int if thats the 1st team defense out there

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception

Yeah I am sure it wouldn't have made it past the goal line. The Mannion pass to McRoberts had more merit yet failed to get recognized.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
WOW. SO after the GDT last night and finally getting to see him play (thanks for posting this bro).I don't see why there is wide spread panic. First, he's not playing with all the #1's. Second, there is at least three drops that are very catchable.
He did looked rushed but the OL was giving up the pocket on a few of them.
He was definitely off on throws, no question about it. But man I don't get the sky is falling from so many.He's a rookie playing with a collection of people that probably 1/3 won't be his every day WR's or OL.and no Gurley lined up with him at all.He's still learning to play under center so the biggest concern is the exchange. Can't have those kind of fumbles.
His throws on screens obviously need to be better ;0.
Is he ready to start? No, I'd say not. But is it that bad? I sure don't think so. But that's JMO.

EastRam

Pro Bowler

How do you know that? Maybe the first team defender falls down? Maybe the 1st team O gives him all day and he finds a different receiver.

Sure he could play better but you cant take away the TD and call it lucky.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's a blantant lie. That was an all pro throw that very few QBs can even attempt. The coverage was perfect but the ball placement was better. I'd like to see Keenum make that throw against air.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
and as a side note...WTF happened to Higbee? He seemed quite stone handed.....maybe it's contagious

Athos

Legend
and as a side note...WTF happened to Higbee? He seemed quite stone handed.....maybe it's contagious

There's been bad karma on the Rams for years now. If it isn't a magnet for the poorest of poor pass-catchers, it turns decent ones into mediocre ones.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After reading alot of the reviews of the game I thought he was awful.

After watching every throw not near as bad as I was expecting.

That's because the media don't actually watch him play. They see the box score and look at the turnovers then make their conclusion.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You see that type of play go for TD's all the time in the regular season...

That and the corner fade are the hardest passes to defend that close to the goal line.

Especially with the defense set for a run play and the safeties in the box. The CB is alone and can't stop the play.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How do you know that? Maybe the first team defender falls down? Maybe the 1st team O gives him all day and he finds a different receiver.

Sure he could play better but you cant take away the TD and call it lucky.

I didnt call it lucky, im talking about the ball placement and the trajectory he threw the ball like he was throwing a slant instead of a fade.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
After reading alot of the reviews of the game I thought he was awful.

After watching every throw not near as bad as I was expecting.
Who are you gonna believe, EastRam, the trusty media, or your Lyin' eyes?

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
This is not the "The actual real final last thread on Goff"

There will always be more final last threads on JG.
More threads and posts than I can count because he's still our franchise QB and we will love him just as much in 2017 as the day he was drafted.

We love you Jared Goff.... Keep working at your craft young man and when you are ready we will all be waiting with open arms.

There is no such thing as a final thread on Jared Goff.

This horse is not dead and it never will be!

beating-a-dead-horse-animated-gif.gif

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a blantant lie. That was an all pro throw that very few QBs can even attempt. The coverage was perfect but the ball placement was better. I'd like to see Keenum make that throw against air.

That was a rookie britt went against the pass was good but it was the wrong throw for that route it worked out but i doubt it works against their first string defense

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was a rookie britt went against the pass was good but it was the wrong throw for that route it worked out but i doubt it works against their first string defense

That was a back-shoulder fade. It was perfectly placed. It works every time unless Britt drops it. It's the throw that makes Aaron Rodgers so difficult to defend.

Last edited:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was a back-shoulder fade. It was perfectly placed. It works every time unless Britt drops it. It's the throw that makes Aaron Rodgers so difficult to defend.

It was a line drive pass not a fade, i didnt say it wasnt a good throw but against a real nfl corner thats an incompletion at best a pick 6 at worse. He threw the ball too flat luckily britt was bigger and stronger

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was a line drive pass not a fade, i didnt say it wasnt a good throw but against a real nfl corner thats an incompletion at best a pick 6 at worse. He threw the ball too flat luckily britt was bigger and stronger

That's why it's called a back-shoulder fade. It's generally a bullet to the back-shoulder of the WR. It works because the defender's back is turned so he doesn't know where the ball is. If the pass is a bullet, he can't get his head around in time to find the ball. It's highly effective. Here's another example of it:
http://www.chicagobears.com/multime...-yard-TD/f5d0f33a-ccf7-4fda-bdc8-37d255e3dcae

Last edited:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's why it's called a back-shoulder fade. It's generally a bullet to the back-shoulder of the WR. It works because the defenders back is turned so he doesn't know where the ball is. If the pass is a bullet, he can't get his head around in time to find the ball. It's highly effective. Here's another example of it:
http://www.chicagobears.com/multime...-yard-TD/f5d0f33a-ccf7-4fda-bdc8-37d255e3dcae

I watched it now rewatch Goff throw you actually just made my point that pass had way more air under it then Goff pass did Britt didnt even jump were as Alshon had to jump. That pass looked more like the throw Mannion made then Goff throw. It was a complete line drive throw

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor