The actual real final last thread on Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Maybe?

Anyway, here are all of his throws from last night. You be the judge, but I saw two poorly thrown balls and FOUR DROPS. Yes, the fumble was his fault but the INT came on a great play by the D and a retarded ass play call. I still think he should start Monday night.

View: https://youtu.be/nPxlV9SYPfY

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
maybe its just me or the oline was that bad, but he seemed to retreat a lot and throw it a bit early to avoid the hit

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
0:43. That touchdown pass to Kenny Britt. I seen that play on hard knocks first episode. They were practicing that pass route. Dont you think that is predictable?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
0:43. That touchdown pass to Kenny Britt. I seen that play on hard knocks first episode. They were practicing that pass route. Dont you think that is predictable?
As long as he throws a good ball and it's one on one. I don't think it matters if it's predictable.

Announcers constantly point out WRs on single coverage and the QB throws it anyway.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan

That doesn't make it any easier to defend. That is one of the hardest plays to defend when the pass is on the money.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
As long as he throws a good ball and it's one on one. I don't think it matters if it's predictable.

Announcers constantly point out WRs on single coverage and the QB throws it anyway.

Yeah but when you have shows like Hard Knocks it shows the "limited" abilities of one. That can be problems in the future.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
seemed like he panicked pretty often, granted the oline didn't play well but you still gotta make the throws

fearsomefour

Legend
He stands in the pocket better than Foles already.
Great pro throw to Britt for the TD. But, he is not ready in my book. He flashes which is good, but, just some learning to do.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I haven't seen the game yet. Thanks for posting this. I concur. He seems "ready" to me. I was looking for the bad throws...l will go back and watch the video again. (n) I was very encouraged. Maybe I need one of those savvy analysts Steve Wyche or the lesser Simms to straighten me out.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
seemed like he panicked pretty often, granted the oline didn't play well but you still gotta make the throws
I didn't see panic. I saw him move out when necessary. I think he should start with our ACTUAL ones Monday night. I'm not buying the narrative, here. :unsure:

bluecoconuts

Legend

Throw to who? Nobody is open, nobody can catch, and protection has broken down, where do you throw? Look what happened when they played him with number 1's, he drove down the field.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
After reading alot of the reviews of the game I thought he was awful.

After watching every throw not near as bad as I was expecting.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It'll be a little bit longer until he's good to go but I'm not worried.

My only concern is he is getting passes batted at the LOS too often. Two INT's have come from that and IIRC he has had 5 passes total batted. Maybe 6......anyone know the number?

EastRam

Pro Bowler
He made quick decisions and almost everytime he picked the correct receiver.

I liked his movement and sense of where the rush was coming from. O line was getting pushed around pretty good. Not as worried since I got to see all the throws. He will be fine.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
After reading alot of the reviews of the game I thought he was awful.

After watching every throw not near as bad as I was expecting.
That's pretty normal. And it's why we're not NFL coaches. People look at stats and say he sucks. It's also why being an "analyst" is so easy.

His footwork really is amazing. And he throws such a nice ball. I think he starts in Seattle.

RamWoodie

Legend
I'm not gonna be "over the top" like some.

Goff should not and doesn't deserve to start Monday. He's actually behind Mannion based on performance. So if Keenum were to go down, I would insert Mannion over Goff!

He just isn't there and has a long way to go. It matters not that he didn't have the "ones" because neither did Mannion and he still outplayed Goff.

Give Goff time...HE NEEDS IT BAD! I listened to 710 ESPN via my phone and I agree with them...GOFF IS 3RD STRING AT THIS POINT!

EastRam

Pro Bowler
That's pretty normal. And it's why we're not NFL coaches. People look at stats and say he sucks. It's also why being an "analyst" is so easy.

His footwork really is amazing. And he throws such a nice ball. I think he starts in Seattle.

I have no idea what some of the talking heads are watching. But you can clearly see Goff's talent. We may not be coaches but after watching football for 45 years intensely you can kinda see the talent when it's there.

Based on the reviews I thought I was gonna see chicken little runing around!

EastRam

Pro Bowler
I'm not gonna be "over the top" like some.

Goff should not and doesn't deserve to start Monday. He's actually behind Mannion based on performance. So if Keenum were to go down, I would insert Mannion over Goff!

He just isn't there and has a long way to go. It matters not that he didn't have the "ones" because neither did Mannion and he still outplayed Goff.

Give Goff time...HE NEEDS IT BAD! I listened to 710 ESPN via my phone and I agree with them...GOFF IS 3RD STRING AT THIS POINT!

Sure I agree he should be behind Mannion at the moment but that won't last long.

I'm not sure who was yapping on 710 but if they think Goff faceplanted last night then they should re-watch the tape and pay attention to the entire field and position groups

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

I really like the touch he throws the ball with. He can really lob it over the head of linebackers in that intermediate range.

At the moment he just needs it to slow down for him so he can drop back without thinking about the call in the huddle, play clock, the protections, whether the receivers are lined up legally, the defensive alignment, what the damn snap count was again, the transfer from the center, his feet as he drops back (this is all new to him). Right now I bet he's thinking conciously about every single step, and when you're thinking you're not instinctive - and the games too fast to think.

Once that happens - and it only happens with reps and time and mastery of the playbook he'll just go out and play some throw and catch, just watch the d, manipulate them with his eyes until they're out of position and throw that ball.