The 5 teams that have no chance to make the NFL playoffs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
And they've been proven correct for the last what, dozen years?

Oh. Ok. So 7-9, while not the top of the league, is ACTUALLY not middle of the pack, either. It's the bottom of the league? Ok. We did have the first overall pick, after all. We must have been at the bottom.

Let's just go along with the lazy journalists, and false narratives. It's so much more important to be accepted by the hip and edgy crowd, no matter how far off base they are.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I love my Rams and I want them to win, and I think we'll be 10-6 this year, HOWEVER the people putting us at the bottom of the NFL have been correct for the last 10 years. Ouch.
" These same people didn't give the '1999 Rams' a chance of Winning either! And we all know what happened that year!!"

Athos

Legend
Oh. Ok. So 7-9, while not the top of the league, is ACTUALLY not middle of the pack, either. It's the bottom of the league? Ok. We did have the first overall pick, after all. We must have been at the bottom.

Let's just go along with the lazy journalists, and false narratives. It's so much more important to be accepted by the hip and edgy crowd, no matter how far off base they are.

You angry with journalists just telling it like it is when you should be pissed with the product the Rams have run out there for a decade.

Potential this.

Potential that.

Their record may not have been bottom barrel, but the offense was. To a hilarious level.

I have no emotion for the team so I can see it how it is. And team like this has to earn respect, not expect it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You angry with journalists just telling it like it is when you should be pissed with the product the Rams have run out there for a decade.

Potential this.

Potential that.

Their record may not have been bottom barrel, but the offense was. To a hilarious level.

I have no emotion for the team so I can see it how it is. And team like this has to earn respect, not expect it.
But they arn't telling the truth. The truth is a 7-9 team should be somewhere in the middle of any sort of power rankings the next year. But the jakkoffs consistently put us at like the bottom three teams in the NFL as though we were 2-14 the previous year, that's what pizzes people off. If they put us at about 22 of 32 teams, no one could complain because that's fair.

fancents86

Starter

Potential this.

Potential that.

Sometimes I read thread's like this and really wonder if my memory is just that good or if i am good at jusr remembering useless shyt. I've been a member of this board for a few years now, and every preseason we call out these "stupid" reporters for not knowing what they're talking about, then half way through the season we're extremely humbled. It's an endless cycle that never seem's to end.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

Potential this.

Potential that.

I get your frustration, brother, I feel some of it too. I will be disgusted if they come out of the gates and lose to the whiners.

I'm just curious, if you have no emotion for the team, why do you follow them?

fancents86

Starter
But they arn't telling the truth. The truth is a 7-9 team should be somewhere in the middle of any sort of power rankings the next year. But the jakkoffs consistently put us at like the bottom three teams in the NFL as though we were 2-14 the previous year, that's what pizzes people off. If they put us at about 22 of 32 teams, no one could complain because that's fair.
People here even got pissed when arians went on his little rant about how people thought that his team would get beat by a continuous "8-8 team". I can't even remember the last time we were 8-8, so he basically told the truth and gave us somewhat of a compliment...it never ends.

Athos

Legend
I get your frustration, brother, I feel some of it too. I will be disgusted if they come out of the gates and lose to the whiners.

Only reason I follow the Rams to any extent is Gurley. Love watching him ball.

Enjoyed watching Goff in college.

And I'm a Mizzou grad, so I wanna see Gaines stay healthy and prove how good he really is.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
That too is my point. In my eyes we have improved from last year. Not gone backwards.

We have been humbled in our "homer" optimism in the past, but somehow this year feels different.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People here even got pissed when arians went on his little rant about how people thought that his team would get beat by a continuous "8-8 team". I can't even remember the last time we were 8-8, so he basically told the truth and gave us somewhat of a compliment...it never ends.
I said that no one "could" complain, not that noone would complain!:sneaky:

fancents86

Starter

I'm gonna say stockholm syndrome. At least that's my excuse when people ask why I love the Rams.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Only reason I follow the Rams to any extent is Gurley. Love watching him ball.

Enjoyed watching Goff in college.

And I'm a Mizzou grad, so I wanna see Gaines stay healthy and prove how good he really is.
Got it. So, no slam on you, but your not really a big "Rams fan" just some of the players that happen to be here.

Kind of like me following Swann, or Brady over the years because they went to my school, but I can't stand the Steelers and have gut wrenching hatred for the Cheatriots. A bit schitzo actually.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I'm gonna say stockholm syndrome. At least that's my excuse when people ask why I love the Rams.
Hahaha. Feels that way sometimes. I remember leaving the '89 Championship game absolutely disgusted. I threw my Rams jacket in a dumpster. But there I was the next year, ready again for the abuse. Like a dog to his vomit. :LOL:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Got it. So, no slam on you, but your not really a big "Rams fan" just some of the players that happen to be here.

Kind of like me following Swann, or Brady over the years because they went to my school, but I can't stand the Steelers and have gut wrenching hatred for the Cheatriots. A bit schitzo actually.
Like me when I see Chris Long on Patriots? I still love his hustle, even when he isn't as good as he used to be...

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Negativity around here is startling, right now. Rams are gonna prove the doubters wrong. There's a lot to love about this team, and I sure as hell love them. All a season for any team ever is is potential. Rams have been knocking on the door for a while now. With our offense looking much more effective in the preseason than it was last year, despite how simplified it is, and if our defense can hold water, expect 10 wins and a wildcard berth over the 9-7 cards.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Negativity around here is startling, right now. Rams are gonna prove the doubters wrong. There's a lot to love about this team, and I sure as hell love them. All a season for any team ever is is potential. Rams have been knocking on the door for a while now. With our offense looking much more effective in the preseason than it was last year, despite how simplified it is, and if our defense can hold water, expect 10 wins and a wildcard berth over the 9-7 cards.

I agree. Case Keenum is a VERY good game manager and has a winning record as our QB..Todd Gurley is still going to have a monster year, and our defense is legit...We will challenge for a Wild Card, imo.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd be willing to bet the 1999 Rams were on this list Preseason wk 4 that year.
that team had Reverend Ike, Marshall Faulk, #6 pick Torry Holt and trent green/kurt warner qb situation. (green was actually good at that time--and experienced. plus, Orlando Pace @ LT. way ahead of this year's team.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Articles like this will persist until the Rams prove they are not losers.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I'd be willing to bet the 1999 Rams were on this list Preseason wk 4 that year.

Probably, but this year's squad doesn't remotely resemble the '99 team...Doesn't mean they can't go to the playoffs, just that this is not close to the same talent level...

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Probably, but this year's squad doesn't remotely resemble the '99 team...Doesn't mean they can't go to the playoffs, just that this is not close to the same talent level...
You're right. We have a much better defense this year...:sneaky:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
According to the media, that team was crap before the season started so.....