That Stadium Though

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Where can I see the design?

1300x731

1224x689

1300x731

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-06%20at%201.12.59%20PM.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-06%20at%2011.59.01%20AM.png

1224x689

1198x674

1224x689

1224x689

This is all just the stadium as well, I'm sure the owners got even more pictures, as well as concepts of the entire park, the extra theaters, etc.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I just gotta say, while I hate the location of it, that freaking stadium is what the kids are calling "the bees knees"....is that still cool?

Isn't that a term they used during the Roaring Twenties, lol?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ew-stadium-to-cater-to-red-zone-fantasy-fans/

Rams want new stadium to cater to Red Zone, fantasy fans
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 14, 2016

One of the facts of life of being an NFL fan today is that it’s increasingly becoming more fun to watch at home than to go to a game. As more fans play fantasy football and watch on HD televisions with NFL Sunday Ticket or Red Zone Channel, they’d rather stay home and monitor all the games than go to the stadium and see only the game on the field in front of them.

So how can the Los Angeles Rams ensure that their multibillion-dollar stadium complex attracts fans? By catering to the very fans who like to watch more than one game at once.

Rams COO Kevin Demoff told the Los Angeles Times that the new stadium in Inglewood will have features that make it a fun way to spend a Sunday beyond just watching the Rams game.

“This is the stadium of the future for the NFL and hopefully for other sporting venues,” Demoff said. “When you look — especially in L.A. — it’s a melting pot of NFL fans. You look at the Steelers bars and Redskins bars and Bears bars. You want to take that and put it into your campus and find ways that at every turn people can watch the other games. L.A.’s become a fantasy-oriented, Red Zone-oriented, DirecTV-oriented culture.

And I think our job is to blend that with now having a hometown team. To start to build that allegiance where you walk into the stadium and you never feel that you’re giving up everything else that’s going on Sunday but you still have the Rams right in front of you.”

There’s little doubt that fans want to be able to keep tabs on their fantasy teams and other games around the league while they’re at a game, and so the stadium of the future needs to give fans that opportunity.

At the same time, the Rams have to give the fans something better than they can get at home. Winning football would go a long way toward attracting fans to that shiny new stadium.
--------
Not blocking the Sunday Ticket App on your phone while you are in an NFL stadium would go a long way towards being fan friendly.
---------
So, Wi-fi, fantasy updates on the scoreboard/ticket and tvs in the concourses/bathrooms with Redzone on?

Not sure what more they’d do.
--------
In other words, cater to everyone watching at home.

One day, stadiums will be all skyboxes and heated seats for the $1000+ per ticket crowd.
--------
It will put that ski ramp greenhouse in Minneapolis to shame.
--------
Ticket price and seat location are always going to be the deciding factor.
But seating should be addressed. Look what movie theaters have begun to do with their seating, more reclining seating for all seats. Everyone knows that premium seating is the non revenue shared part of ticket sales.

But owners need to think about spending more money on better seating options for GA instead of just trying to jam as many in as possible, when sitting on the couch or at a bar is much more comfortable and economical.

In 3 years technology will have advanced even further than what they are planning for now. You don’t want to be already outdated by the time your stadium opener arrives.
---------
Seems like the Rams first order of business is to worry about fanbases other than there own….
--------
What a great idea! Make the at-game fan experience emulate watching the game on TV. Meanwhile, Red Zone will try to improve the viewing experience to make it seem like you are right there at the game! What’s next…robots as cheerleaders? Getting kinda weird in here.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
1300x731

1224x689

1300x731

1224x689

1198x674

1224x689

1224x689

This is all just the stadium as well, I'm sure the owners got even more pictures, as well as concepts of the entire park, the extra theaters, etc.
Would one of you guys spread my ashes there, when the time comes?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I have heard that Inglewood is a very bad area
Some areas are pretty bad....some are pretty nice...It's nothing like it was in the 80's & 90's.....and I'm pretty sure it'll continue to get cleaned up in the surrounding area. Downtown near the Staples Center is undergoing a makeover as well...gentrification at it's finest....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentrification
Gentrification is a trend in urban neighborhoods, which results in increased property values and the displacing of lower-income families and small businesses.[1] This is a common and widespread controversial topic in urban planning.[2] It refers to shifts in an urban community lifestyle and an increasing share of wealthier residents and/or businesses and increasing property values.[3] Gentrification may be viewed as "correction" of blockbusting and urban flight [4] as many gentrified neighborhoods of the present were once affluent neighborhoods of the past.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Ive never been all that impressed with the Inglewood stadium but then again there never really has been very many public renders or presentations out there. Its also kinda dumb to have a roof in LA.

Especially one made out of glass..........but I would bet that the renderings and actual stadium will have plenty of differences.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
It's going to be fantastic. I can't wait. But there are always negatives. You know what's going to annoy me? All the bandwagoners that are heading the Rams way. With this stadium, coverage and most likely a lot of winning in the future us diehards will be mere dots in the crowd. That's the real pain in leaving a small market for a huge one even if you don't live in St Louis - you lose that sense of moral ownership over your team. They might suck - but they were our suckers. Not anymore.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
1300x731

1224x689

1300x731

1224x689

1198x674

1224x689

1224x689

Second to last pic......what are all those buildings around the stadium?

bluecoconuts

Legend

I'm guessing part of the surrounding developments, NFL studios, shopping areas, restaurants, etc.. I don't really know, could just be fillers to make it look nicer, similar to all the green grass, or the blue water for the Riverfront renderings.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I'm excited about fact that it will be 100 ft. into the ground and with the roof it should be loud as freak in there, no where for the sound to escape. I am worried that the kind of people that can toss the kind of coin around to actually go to the game will be willing to make that noise...

Ah, for the price, I suspect sound is high up on the list along with a ton of other things....they usually don't build these things and forget much. ;)

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
I have heard that Inglewood is a very bad area - can anyone speak to this? I've never been there (haven't been to Cali since 1994) but work with a guy from the LA area
I used to live and still go to LA it was a bad area but mostly working class residents there now.And by the time the new stadium is up you can bet the area will be even better. I know I'll be making that 4 hr trip from Vegas once its open.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Redzone in the stadium? What the fuck? If you want to watch that crap stay at home. Sometimes i wonder how these businessmen became rich. Yeah let's go to a football game to watch redzone.

And the stadium looks like a glasshouse. Would be nice in cooler weather but what about those hot days?

bluecoconuts

Legend

Redzone in the stadium? What the freak? If you want to watch that crap stay at home. Sometimes i wonder how these businessmen became rich. Yeah let's go to a football game to watch redzone.

And the stadium looks like a glasshouse. Would be nice in cooler weather but what about those hot days?

The sides are open and there's AC, it's the same as every other clear roof (Vikings for example), it's not going to be some greenhouse thing.. The redzone stuff is smart, he understands the marketplace, he understands that companies are going to be buying boxes for fans and he understands that LA has a lot of transplants that will always hold a soft spot for their former hometown teams. That's part of why the NFL went with him, because he knew it needed to be more than just football on the field, it needs to be the complete package. Similar to Staples Center, it's not just going down to watch the game, you get the complete experience, it's attracts more people, that's the direction the NFL is moving to, it's what they need to do to get fans off of their couch and down to the game, in every city.

It's why the Riverfront stadium had a bar that faced out towards the river and not the field.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are retail, housing and other developments being built around it in the whole project. Here's a video it's extensive if you want to watch the whole thing I set the URL for when the guy starts his presentation about 2 minutes into it. At 5:39 there is a chart of what is going to be going where with the whole area that should give you an idea of what the different area's of buildings are. Where it says event that's the stadium site.

View: https://youtu.be/AZn4nIVDN1U?t=132

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Thats basic parking?

I'll park at my buddys house a block away from the stadium site and walk lol, freak all that nonsense.

lots around the venue are 60-80 bucks I've read.

Big money in parking lots........doesn't the guy who used to own the Dodgers still own the lots around the ballpark?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
1300x731

1224x689

1300x731

1224x689

1198x674

1224x689

1224x689

This place is going to be just insane Blue. I remember going to a Lakers game a LONG time ago at the Great Western Forum.
Area sucked back then. But by the time this place is done it will be the Disneyland of football.