Texans ship Brock Osweiler and a second-round pick to Cleveland

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Wow, Houston really wanted to get rid of him. Did they also leave a voice mail that said "F--k you, Brock!"

:LOL:

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I'm scratching my dome a bit on this one...Taking on that lind of sslary, if only for a year or 2 for a 2nd just seems weird to me...One of the 754 reasons that I'm not an NFL GM...

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Speculation that the Browns are trying to collect picks to ship to New England for Garoppolo

Thats exactly what I thought when I first heard of the trade. I like the move if it pans out that way.

Ramrocket

Name
Rod
Even if they are stuck with his salary - which is another 3 years

There is no guaranteed money after this year. They eat this years salary and are home free after that. If they can trade him for a 4th and even offer to eat half the salary, then package up the picks for Garoppolo, its a mega deal.

Ramrocket

Name
Rod
If the Browns end up packaging the pick for another trade, surely that would negate the argument that it was a 'cash for picks' situation wouldn't it? I don't know the answer but would think they could argue that.

Zero

Pro Bowler
I explained in the other thread.
One hell of a move by Cleveland.Basically bought a second round pick and
Hue Jackson is a bit of a QB whisperer.He may be able to fix what others couldn't.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One hell of a move by Cleveland.Basically bought a second round pick and
Hue Jackson is a bit of a QB whisperer.He may be able to fix what others couldn't.
Now there are rumors they're closet to trading him for a 3rd this year. It's like Kevin Costner is the GM there.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Now there are rumors they're closet to trading him for a 3rd this year. It's like Kevin Costner is the GM there.
OldSchool my man, if they pull that off,It will be the front office move of the year.
That's just craziness.lol

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH

You super smart folks here make people like myself not worthy to be posting on the same board with. I say thankyou for your patience. I was an ORT for 8 years and then went into Health Spa Bizz till they over populated and we killed the golden goose back in the 80's as it has since resurfaced in a new time and market.

I see some of whats going on as what the NBA is more famous for. I wonder how we as Rams fans would feel if we did what the Browns have done with our very limited cap space ? Why don't the Browns use their cap space to sign the best players they can to rebuild their team ? With that much cap I'd be so excited to do the shopping. Why buy picks because the Pats have said they want 2 no 1's for Garappolo anyway ?

Would'nt we as Rams fans be very upset knowing Brock has already proven to be a major bust and no one is giving a 3rd round pick for him. They were selling picks. This is a tremendous amount of money they still have to eat. Where they could spend it on a top FA player or use it to extend players or many other things as 100 million cap space has to be used, I can find the players. I am so confused that collecting capitol to trade for Jimmy G. while not filling the other holes seems not right for me. Maybe desperate ? You don't even need to waste grey matter to try and make me understand. I enjoy just reading MY teams fanboard. I want us all to just get along and have a great time as we do. I've been a draftnik forever and its fun. Its time we get some real hits and we actually extend them. Watching how we handle AD is gonna be very important. Thanks for all you great smart posters that call RAMSONDEMAND home.

Ramrocket

Name
Rod

Thats a really good explanation FLV. I personally don't have a problem with the trade. Good luck to them . I hope that if we were ever in that situation, Snead (or whoever) could engineer something similar.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I think what they do with Donald's contract will be a litmus test for what their priorities are...I would already be doing the heavy lifting for what will happen with him when the time comes...As far as I'm concerned they csn extend him tomorrow and no dickering about money...Pay the guy and don't wait till the 11th hour...Obviously it's down the road, but not that far in the future...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So Cleveland would pay 10 mill for a 2nd round pick but wouldn't pony up an extra couple mill to sign Pryor?
Good grief

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rounder-browns-will-now-try-to-get-garoppolo/

With extra second-rounder, Browns will now try to get Garoppolo
Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2017

628337498-e1489100045527.jpg
Getty Images

By beating Brock Osweiler twice, the Patriots may have made it easier to get a big offer for Jimmy Garoppolo.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that the Browns will still try to get Garoppolo. The trade for Brock Osweiler gives them an extra second-round pick that can be used to make it happen.

With that extra pick, they’ll now try to put together a package that will get New England’s attention. The offer could include the 12th overall pick in the draft.

The other side of the coin will be the question of how many coins the Brown will give Garoppolo. The fact that the Browns will pay a quarterback they don’t even want $16 million this year will give Garoppolo a position of strength, to say the least.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Clevelnd nails these next couple drafts they're going to be dangerous for a while. Get a QB either Watson or one next year and with all these pick plus that OLine they built watch out.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/09/browns-will-trade-or-cut-brock-osweiler/

Browns will trade or cut Brock Osweiler
Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2017

631713350-e1489096259636.jpg
Getty Images

The infiltration of baseball-style analytics has created a basketball-style dynamic in the context of a football trade.

Per multiple reports, the Browns won’t be keeping quarterback Brock Osweiler for long. They’re expected to trade him or to cut him.

If they’d trade him, it would surely be for much less than the $16 million in guaranteed salary Osweiler will earn this year. The new team would take Osweiler’s contract at a reduced rate, and the Browns would pay the difference.

The same thing will happen if the Browns cut him, however. Given the presence of offset language in the contract, the Browns would pay the difference between whatever Osweiler gets on the open market and $16 million.

It’s an unprecedented situation for the NFL, with the Browns acquiring a player who will never play for the team.

And so the Browns can now add a new jersey to the one with all the starting quarterbacks dating back to 1999. Starting in 2017, we can start listing the names on the back of a jersey of quarterbacks who will never wear the jersey.