Terrelle Pryor

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Nice highlights. But it took until the 2:25 second mark for him to make a play from the pocket as it was designed.

I think the only value he brings is as you suggest; a situational weapon

And it could be a huge value if used properly, IMO.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
If we reach a point where we'd need a 3rd QB this year, I'd be much more intrigued by Terrelle Pryor than say...Garrett Gilbert.

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
I like Pryor's potential over RG3 and see him similar to Kaperdink. This guy is a special athlete that just needs more development. I'd rather have someone like Pryor than perhaps a 53'd player that is marginal to make the roster and would otherwise never see the field or even Chase Reynolds who is good on Teams, but offers zero otherwise.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
I like Pryor's potential over RG3 and see him similar to Kaperdink. This guy is a special athlete that just needs more development. I'd rather have someone like Pryor than perhaps a 53'd player that is marginal to make the roster and would otherwise never see the field or even Chase Reynolds who is good on Teams, but offers zero otherwise.

Chase Reynolds' ST contribution is essential to why this team had such good coverage units.

Terrelle Pryor, if he were to see the field, would be a turnover magnet and a train wreck. At least that's what he's been so far in his career. He had 11 picks and 7 fumbles in 9 starts last year. Cutting Reynolds so you can sign Pryor would be a terrible decision, IMO.

If you were to replace Austin Davis with Pryor, I guess that'd be fine, I don't really have high expectations for either.

Last edited:

PrometheusFaulk

Starter

The difference is, Quick has been playing in exhibitions against 1s. And there ain't a snowball's chance in Hades we are cutting Quick.

Pryor was, IMO, a way for the Seahawks to tune up to face Kaepernick. He was a tackle dummy for them.

Like I said, if the Rams cut Austin Davis to sign Pryor, fine. It's cutting a bowl of Hopemeal to acquire different Hopemeal. I wouldn't expect either to work really well in a regular season game against starting NFL talent.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
What the hell, bring him in and maybe you can use him as a "change of pace QB".

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
defense yes, but this ain't the 2000 Ravens. You have to score.

True, but why would you zero in on our running game as a deficit instead of say the QB position, WR's, or the O-line in your earlier post? I'd say between Stacy, Cunningham, Mason, and Watts we have some young and very talented RB's.

The possible weaknesses I foresee on our offense would be in order:

1. The O-line
2. The QB position
3. Schottenheimer's playcalling
4. TE's
5. WR's
6. RB's

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Tahj Boyd was just released...I wasn't high on him in the draft but I know he had some interest from a few folks. I wonder if the Rams will at least take a look.

Athos

Legend
Hell, if healthy, I'd take a flier. Having a Brad Smith wild cat QB could be fun. Dude can flat out run and chuck it when necessary.

Shotty has run the wild cat before. Could be an interesting wrinkle against NFC West teams.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Hell, if healthy, I'd take a flier. Having a Brad Smith wild cat QB could be fun. Dude can flat out run and chuck it when necessary.

Shotty has run the wild cat before. Could be an interesting wrinkle against NFC West teams.

Is that the kid from Wyoming?

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I would very much like to see pryor became a ram. He was the first qb I thought of when people started talking about a backup to Hill.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Howard Balzer ‏@HBalzer721
Seahawks hoping someone wants to trade for Terrelle Pryor. Wasn't officially released yesterday. Nothing better than an inconsistent QB.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

But wouldn't you think if he was that awesome and that cheap that Seattle wouldn't have released him? That if he really knew the playbook and reads, and really was executing as designed, they would have kept a $4 million QB for the paltry sum of $750k? Something seems off there. I'll admit I've not seen a whole ton of Raider games, but the ones I've seen he looked barely adequate. That 5 minute highlight reel was mostly him playing playground ball or running the option thru some pretty sizable holes. And at our current cap level, it would take releasing a veteran somewhere to pay for him. But, this is the NFL. Maybe he has improved a ton and Seattle is just stupid.

Edit: Just saw Blue and Gold's post that Pryor not actually released.