Terrelle Pryor

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
stupid.gif
you+are+not+the+only+one+_4dfbf5a062c9d47450f2be9e22bd1835.gif

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have always thought Pryor would make a better WR than QB. Saying that, WR doesn't look to be all that weak.

This.

If we want to play a WR at QB, put Tavon there. He's faster and more elusive than Pryor. If the Rams want to bring in Pryor, I'm not doing it with him playing QB in mind. I'm trying to move him to WR or TE. He's 6'5" with 4.4 speed(but lacks passing ability).

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
We don't really need any projects but love the athleticism just too late in the game for me.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Never understood the recent fascination with QBs who do the running backs job and can't get past their first read or hit what they throw at. I'd rather just go with Hill and Davis.

Edit: of course, it remains to be seen if they can hit what they throw at, but I have more confidence in them than Pryor learning the playbook.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
I like the idea. I don't usually jump on the first athlete available at a position of need but Pryor has skills and I really think would be a good add. It would take him several weeks to pass Davis on the depth chart because of system knowledge. I'm also not big on read option types but this guy has serious untapped ability. Not saying he's the answer for future years but would be a good try and see.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Dude Pryor is a beast and as a third stringer? You kidding me? He's probably the best third stringer in the NFL to say the least. Probably a better starter than some to...

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Here is what I see in Pryor ..... He is very physically talented and gifted. He still needs some work .... lots of work. But bring him in as the #3 ....IMHO, could be a good thing. just running against him in practice would be good for our Defense. ... him being that mobile QB that we need to contain. .....He might also have a little SeaShits info to gleen .... and you never know .... he just might develope enough over the yr to take another look next year.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Why do we need a QB who can't throw? Isn't that a QB's main job, to throw? That's like signing a receiver who can't catch. I don't want a bigger faster Tebow.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Seahawk fans think he's an upgrade over guys we've had in past years. They're not down on the guy, they love mobile QB's.

I say grab him

Memphis Ram

Legend
I would absolutely love the idea of bringing in Pryor.....if he were willing/capable of playing special teams and a little WR like Brad Smith did for Schottenhiemer in New York.

Talk about a boost to the running game. A wildcat package with him keeping defenders honest or running himself would be a boon for this offense, IMO.

Then again, I go with the Mike Holmgren thought process that believes one or more backup QBs should be able to do something with his feet given the limited reps he gets throughout the week.

Hill and Davis would still be the go to guys, but Pryor could have a few packages each week with Austin and one of the other RBs. With some creativity, It could be a matchup nightmare and something else for opposing defenses to prepare for each week.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
He's overrated, he only had that 1 run against the Steelers that made highlights reels on BSPN.

Then got hurt.

BUT, for depth, I wouldn't be...wait for it...angry. But remember that just b/c he's a name doesn't make it an auto upgrade.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Nice highlights. But it took until the 2:25 second mark for him to make a play from the pocket as it was designed.

I think the only value he brings is as you suggest; a situational weapon

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The other thing to consider; Pryor was cut before 3rd stringer BJ Daniels.