Tell Us The Story Of How You Became A Ram Fan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
As a kid growing up in the San Fernando Valley I played little league baseball and in the winter it was Pop warner football. My team every year was the Rams. I actually wore a Rams Helmet!!!! LA colors!!!! How many of you can say that? Ha Ha Ha ... I wasn't very good but my team won a lot of games with me on the bench...lol I would never take that stupid thing off of my head throughout the game no matter how hot it got. lol

My dad was a Ram fan and my Grandpa was as well but the biggest Rams
fan in my family was the person that influenced me the most regarding
the LA sports scene...that was my Grandmother. I can remember drinking milk from LA Ram glasses and eating off Ram plates at her house as far back as I can remember...and when we went camping!!! it looked like a Rams tailgate party. That sometimes caused some problems when we camped anywhere near San Francisco...:LOL:

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Quite a boring story here. We lost a team, lost out on an expansion team due to squabbles, and then got the Rams. I knew something of them due to Everett, Anderson and Ellard. I was, and still am, a big fan of teams who can pass the ball. So I felt it was a stroke of luck that we got a team that I had halfway followed before. I was able to see most of the games that year by VHS since I was stationed in VA Beach. Been a huge fan since.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Born and raised near Vancouver, BC Canada, when I was in grade school I watched all sports. Loved the Lakers since Magic & showtime, then I got into football in '85 Watching ED29 then Jerry Gray, Kevin Greene, Slater,C. Gary, Charles, Greg Bell,G. Green, White, Ellard, Newberry, Love (great OL in 88) etc.
Between watching ED glide and the uniform.Then the Todd Light, Wright, Lyle era I was hooked.
Still pissed they messed w/ the horns on the helmet. Now that I'm 41 I hope they go back to navy blue & canary yellow. And speaking of those throwbacks I ordered me a Gurley throwback jersey. Can't wait to get my hands on it!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
In 1978, I held an open audition for all 28 teams in which they were given the opportunity to acquire my fandom.
Don Klosterman was the only guy who showed up, so there ya go.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Circa 1966... lived on the east coast and the Rams were the 4:00 game a lot because they were generally pretty good.

Can't recall the game... but sat down, started watching and became mesmerized by the horns... kinda like that scene in High Anxiety.

I'm still in some trance...
:)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I lived on a hill not far from the Coliseum, you could see the fireworks show they'd have there....My pops was a big football fan..loved SC...In 1975 I believe, I watched my first game...My mom was against any team in LA...The Rams were starting some QB, then James Harris got in a few games and looked pretty good. In 1976 I expected Harris to start and lead the team. He didn't, and for some reason I just started trying to see every game...learned the players...and saw some of the most heart-breaking playoff losses in Rams history....I got a Jack Youngblood jersey in 1977...and I've been a fan ever since...almost, ALMOST said eff'em when they moved to Anaheim...Was really pissed when they moved to St. Lou...Figured they needed me after the 1994 season...LOL

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Great stories everyone , mine goes like this. Grew up in Reading Pa, between Eagles And Steelers land, my two older brothers got this electric football game for Christmas with the cotton football and the board vibrated to move the players Lol. And if I remember correctly we had to paint the team colors, anyway it was the Eagles and Rams. I was always the Rams when we played. Than when I saw them on TV I said " Hey, there is my team " been a fan ever since early 70s

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Everybody in my family were Giants, Yankees, Rangers and Knick fans so at the young age of 7 (1973) when my dad, grandfather's & uncle's peppered me that I was old enough to select my favorite teams, I thought how can I be as opposite of all them? And thus began rooting for the Rams, Dodgers, Lakers & Kings. The only caveat was they all said there is no going back you have to be loyal no matter what and thus I've been rooting for the left coast ever since and the Gateway City since 1995 and I always party like it's 1999!

iced

Was visiting St.Louis over the summer with my family - sometime between 1996 and 1998. Believe I was 11 or 12. I remember walking through Union station, looking at Cardinal gear after a visit to Ted Drews (Gotta love those Concretes!!!) when I saw a St.Louis Rams banner. Parents bought it for me, through it on the door - and from then I was hooked. Finally had my own to team to root for, although it was hard to watch them from Florida with the Steelers all over TV and my dad being a Steeler fan.

I was born in St.Louis, but we left when I was very young.

Will never forget the '99 season - especially here in the tampa area....lol remember talking smack with so many Buc kids at school.

Last edited:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I guess I'll tell my story one more time. LOL

My parents moved our asses to Hawaii from our home in Florida when I was very young. Being a Haole over there was a very lonely experience in the beginning. This was in the early 70s.

When I was six years old,,, my favorite days of the week were Saturdays and Sundays. Saturdays- because that was the only time kids got to see cartoons on TV (Saturday mornings).

Sundays were my absolute favorite though. Sunday mornings really. That's because the Ram games were broadcast on TV as the home team for the Islands. We always got the Ram games, and because of the time difference they were on live in the mornings. I watched them more religiously than my cartoons.

Been a Die Hard for over 40 years now!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
this electric football game for Christmas with the cotton football and the board vibrated to move the players Lol.
I bet a mint condition game, with the unpainted players, is worth some $$$$ right now...I liked that game....We always passed ourselves, and didn't use that throwing QB thingy...

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Gather 'round fellas. I'll tell you about the time I realized the 49ers were the bad guys.

The Cowboys and 49ers were playing in the NFC Champ game in Jan '71. Fortunately, the Cowboys won and went to SB V against the Colts. I was 10. Later that year, I began rooting for the Dodgers and Rams. I remember a Monday night game against the Lions; we were Christmas shopping and my older brother was listening on the radio to the game, which was blacked-out in LA. The Rams lost.

So, yeah. I learned early on that the Rams would lose big games in the 70's.

A55VA6

Legend
I started to get into football around 1998, when I was around 7 years old. I grew up about an hour northwest of Chicago so I got the Bears games on my TV every Sunday. I would watch them but never really was a fan, just watched because it was the only team I really could.

My grandpa, who lived in Missouri, was a huge Rams fan and he was in town for the holidays. It was the day after Christmas in 1999 when the Bears played the Rams.. and that's when I fell in love. I loved their uniforms, thought they were really fun to watch, and I looked up to my Grandpa. If he loved the Rams, I wanted to love the Rams. Been a die hard fan ever since.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I moved to the United States and when I was playing hockey the high school Football coach asked me to try out for linebacker after seeing my physical play during a game. Since I had no idea how football worked I picked up a copy of Madden so I could learn about the sport. I picked a team at random, and it happened to be the Rams... I stuck with them ever sense. Turned out I couldn't figure it out fast enough for linebacker, but I became a pretty good Safety, mostly because I could knock the crap out of guys. I had a problem with laying the lumber instead of wrapping up tackles though.

Go Canucks Go :whistle:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Born and raised near Vancouver, BC Canada,

Planning a golf trip to Whistler in late Sept. Looks beautiful... always wanted to go there... really excited!

Hoping late Sept. isn't too cold...

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I bet a mint condition game, with the unpainted players, is worth some $$$$ right now...I liked that game....We always passed ourselves, and didn't use that throwing QB thingy...
I am sure it would be some good cash. It was around, 1971, 72 good times in that old farm house. I was 9, 10 years old, don't remember to much.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I was hatched in 1979
th

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
As a kid growing up in the San Fernando Valley[/QUOTE

I was born and raised in they San Fernando Valley!! I went to Van Nuys High, and James Monroe High schools before joining the Corps during Viet Nam!
" Valley Girls!" the best in the world!