Tell Us The Story Of How You Became A Ram Fan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I've been on here for a while and I've always been interested in how each member came to follow the horns. What's your story?

Here's my story:

I had admired the NFL from afar in the early 2000s as a youngster, but really began to take interest after playing the NFL blitz games. I loved the exaggerated tackling and the barbaric nature of the game (especially when guys got a turbo boost) and begged for it for my upcoming birthday. But instead of follow my request my stepdad took the advice from the "guy at the store" and bought "the best football game out there" which happened to be Madden 2003. Long story short #28 was on the cover and had a 99 overall rating in the game. I fell in love with Marshall and the Rams and began watching games weekly in 2003. Thanks dad!
1277815790-00.jpg

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Same here actually. Madden 2003 was my first game and the Rams were the best team in the game. I suppose I'm a little bit of a bandwagoner lol

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Born in Germany and never saw a football game before, nor could I speak a word of English when I got to the states. Moved to San Diego when I was 9. A classmate was into football and his cousin Gail Cogdill had just been drafted by the Lions. This was in 1960. So he invited me over to his house to watch a game and the Rams were playing. First football game I ever saw and I was hooked on the horns for life.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Pretty much the same, being English I knew zero about football, bought a game for £10 from the bargain bin, decided knowing nothing I'd go the best team on the game, the Rams.

RambleOn

UDFA
I was 8 and it was around Christmas 1975. I wanted a football jacket. I picked a Rams jacket out of a Sears catalog because I liked the colors. I have been a fan ever since.

320561214_5a018e3f54.jpg

V3

Hall of Fame
Gather 'round everyone and let me tell you how I became a Rams fan....

I was a kid and saw some buses drive through a banner when they got to STL.

Yup, that's about it.

I've been on here for a while and I've always been interested in how each member came to follow the horns. What's your story?

Here's my story:

I had admired the NFL from afar in the early 2000s as a youngster, but really began to take interest after playing the NFL blitz games. I loved the exaggerated tackling and the barbaric nature of the game (especially when guys got a turbo boost) and begged for it for my upcoming birthday. But instead of follow my request my stepdad took the advice from the "guy at the store" and bought "the best football game out there" which happened to be Madden 2003. Long story short #28 was on the cover and had a 99 overall rating in the game. I fell in love with Marshall and the Rams and began watching games weekly in 2003. Thanks dad!
1277815790-00.jpg
How weird that's almost exactly the same as me, a friend brought a copy of madden round I played it once and couldn't put it down. I became addicted to the nfl and really followed kurt Warner who was the Rams QB at the time so it was a no brainer. Rams ever since.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Same here actually. Madden 2003 was my first game and the Rams were the best team in the game. I suppose I'm a little bit of a bandwagoner lol

How weird that's almost exactly the same as me, a friend brought a copy of madden round I played it once and couldn't put it down. I became addicted to the nfl and really followed kurt Warner who was the Rams QB at the time so it was a no brainer. Rams ever since.

That makes 3 of us then ;)

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Dad took me to a game at the LA Coliseum in '58, Billy Wade, Les Richter, Jon Arnett, Del Shofner, Jack Pardee . . . . .
I was 10 - been hooked (and horned) ever since. DAYAAM - that was a long time ago. :palm:

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
I was born and raised on Guam. First time I came to the mainland was in 1985 and I was 11yrs old for summer vacation. I was staying in LA with relatives, and I saw the LA Lakers play the Boston Celtics in the NBA Finals. I fell in Love watching Magic Johnson play. Since then I became an LA fan...Lakers, LA Rams, Dodgers, and Kings. I stayed loyal with the Rams, but I probably one of the minor people that want them back in LA. Sorry St. Louis fans...It's just a lot closer to me these days.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Dad was an original LA Rams fan, when I was four I pleaded and pleaded for a full Rams uni for Christmas. I got the whole uni, with helmet, and it has been on ever since...

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Born in Germany and never saw a football game before, nor could I speak a word of English when I got to the states. Moved to San Diego when I was 9. A classmate was into football and his cousin Gail Cogdill had just been drafted by the Lions. This was in 1960. So he invited me over to his house to watch a game and the Rams were playing. First football game I ever saw and I was hooked on the horns for life.

Ich habe in Deutschland von '84 bis '88 gewohnt, und habe Ich da meine Frau kennengelernt. Wir waren in Walldorf - in die nehe von Frankfurt - direct achter (oder hinten von) Rhein-Mein.
As you can see, my German sucks.

Really enjoyed my time there - good people, good country and good beer. She actually owned a squash/dart pub. (My mama didn't raise no fool).

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When I was 5 years old my family moved from London to LA as my Dad was offered a job there. Being in LA I decided, probably because my old man liked the Raiders, to support the Rams. I was even bought a helmet, which I took to school on my return to London to show the other kids. I think the teacher requested I take something in from my time away.

My Dad actually wanted to get the green card and stay out there but my mum blackballed him as she didn't want my brother or myself being brought up speaking with American accents.........true story. We were put on a plane home as soon as my brother came home from school and said the word trash instead of rubbish!

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I was a young lad of 11 when I noticed a strange sport being broadcast very late at night in the UK called football where they didn't actually kick the ball that often.
I was a big rugby player/fan and immediately started watching with interest. If course i picked the team that won the Super Bowl that year, 1999.
The next month I purchased a Faulk and a holt Jersey and the rest is history.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I still remember it pretty clearly after 64 years!
It was Dec 16, 1951. Scout Day at the Old L.A. Stadium, I was 7 and in the Cub Scouts. My Seat was 17 rows up on the 50 yard Line!
Waterfield passed for 5 Tds., Crazy-Legs Hirsch caught 6 passes for 146 Yds. and 3Tds.
And We "Stomped" the Crap out of the Packers 42-14!
That was the Day "Dave-Fan-Since-1951" Was Born!
NEED I SAY MORE!?!:D

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I was 8 and it was around Christmas 1975. I wanted a football jacket. I picked a Rams jacket out of a Sears catalog because I liked the colors. I have been a fan ever since.

View attachment 6682
I had like that same exact jacket when I was like 8 also, (y) , and cap , I've often thought about making and adult version of that jacket , I own the patch

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I haven't been a sports fan all that long actually, I've been watching sports rabidly for only 9 years now. Most of my life was spent oblivious to sports then I got bored one day back in 2006 and decided to watch the Stanley Cup playoffs of hockey, since I happened to stumble onto Versus. I got hooked on watching the Carolina Hurricanes play, rooted for them all the way up to their win in the Finals against the Oilers and I fell head over heels for hockey, coupled with watching the Cardinals win the World Series I was slowly becoming hooked.

So I watched the Blues diligently in 2007, but it wasn't enough. I was hooked on sports in general and the Blues weren't filling the void. So I went back to the Cards and eventually I found my way to the Rams.

They were stinking it up big time back then, so I don't know why I got so connected to them as I did, but somehow I fell in love with this little, shitty but scrappy team and I became invested in wanting to see them win.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Growing up in NW Iowa , my whole family are Vikings fans , parents , siblings , grandparents , cousins , all of them , Vikings fans, so if black sheep of the family ever applied

No one is really for sure how I became a Rams fan , lots of theories , but the one that holds the most weight was that when I was little I loved to draw , and one of the things I loved to draw the most were all NFL Team Logo's and my favorite team logo of them all , was that old Rams logo from the 1960's and 1970's , I drew that Rams logo a million times if I drew it once

So as a little kid , I think I fell in love with the logo , even before I fell in love with the team , I even have it tattooed on my right arm

But I have to admit that my parents were pretty cool about it , they could have easily passed it off as foolish kids nonsense and tried to convert me back to the dark side , but nope , even as a real little kid , I was the only one in the family wearing blue and yellow , my parents always bought me Rams stuff of Christmas and Birthdays

I probably shouldn't mention my wife and daughter are Viking fans as well, :confused:

But to sum it up , it probably had to do with that old team logo more then anything

tattoo_zpse3ce1dd7.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not really sure really. I grew up in New York Giants territory and just south was Eagles land.

As the story goes in my house I was a huge Joe Namath fan because of the NFL Film "joe and his magic bean". I really thought Namath had a magic football. Well allegedly when Namath put on the horns it was all she wrote for me. Dad took me to a Rams game in Giants stadium in 1978 and I was so pumped to see my Rams win.
And the rest as they say is history

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Ich habe in Deutschland von '84 bis '88 gewohnt, und habe Ich da meine Frau kennengelernt. Wir waren in Walldorf - in die nehe von Frankfurt - direct achter (oder hinten von) Rhein-Mein.
As you can see, my German sucks.

Not bad actually. (y) My German has gotten really weak over the years but pride keeps me from using an online translation, so I'll translate the best I can. :)

You lived in Germany between 84 and 88 and that's where you met your wife. You both lived in Frankfurt near Rhein-Main.

I was born in Regensburg, where my older brother still lives, but we lived mostly in Munich. Did you get to attend the Oktoberfest and drink beer out of giant steins and eat pretzels as big as your head? Cause that's my main memory from living there. :sneaky: