Team needs if draft was tomorrow.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
WR (If there's a legit #1 at our position in the draft), TE (If they want to keep featuring TE as a receiving threat), OL, LB, DE/CB

I think there are 3 obvious #1 types. That extra 2nd might be tempting to use to move up

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Left tackle, and center first and foremost. Way before DE or DT. Yes I'm still yapping about moving GROB inside to guard.

WR next. Not sold on Quick, Britt is a JAG unless he has an epiphany.

TE as well. Cook, eh Kendricks, eh, Harkey is ok.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
WR (big time threat - no #1 guy), C (upgrade), G (depth), T (if the draft is tommorow GRob is in trouble), TE (who doesn't want to find a Gronk?), LB (ILB to groom behind Lauranaitis, OLB depth for things like Ogletree getting injured unexpectedly....), QB (Foles is the guy?), Secondary dependent on Gaines' recovery and free-agency walks.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Hmm interesting topic being so early in the season, but hey, I'll roll with it for fun ;) it totally depends on who we re-sign, but as we stand now, i'm going with:

Primary additions
I'd like to see an upgrade on WR - Tyler Boyd maybe? A 6'2" 190b deep threat WR with character issues that's succeeded with sub par QB play - he'll fit right in ;) sorry you all but I'm not 100% sold on Quick and I'm not sure if Britt is THE answer, and I really don't want to find another 'prospect' in R2, I just want a solid starting WR, personally I think a WR corps of Boyd, Austin and Bailey in the slot could be a killer WR combination for the Rams.

S - adding talent to our backend can't be a bad thing and I think someone like Jalen Ramsey could be that guy

Secondary additions
I really think our o-line is going to work well - but in saying that I really think we need a good back up plan to Saffold when he gets injured... likewise for Chris Long on the d-line, so I'd like to go with

OT/OG (I've not looked at any tape yet to comment on who)
DE (again, I've not looked at any tape yet to comment on who)

And I'm fed up with Cook and his hands of stone, I'm starting to think he doesn't really want to catch the football anymore, therefore a TE pickup in round 2 could be a good move :)

I'd be happy if Hunter Henry dropped to us in the second, a blocking TE WITH good hands!! Who'd have thought!

Then again... If Fisher's there it will be DE, DT, DE/DT, DE/OLB - after all 2015 was a heavy investment in the O side of the ball ;)

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
There isn't a position I wouldn't consider on draft day, so BPA that fits our system.

GoldenAges

UDFA
Name
Gold
WR
QB
OC
TE
Not really sold on Foles yet. He had a really tough day on Sunday. I hope he bounces back.

lockdnram21

Legend
As of right now the jury still out on Quick. Hes only played in 2 games and only got meaningful snaps in 1. So im not going to say we need a wr. Plus they fail to get Bailey involved. That should change after Bye. If Quick and Bailey dont show anything in next 2games then im with you guys that we need wr. i think needs are TE,C,DE,MLB,FS. If Robinson doesnt get his act together i might put
LT on list.Hopefully Battle can contribute next year

V3

Hall of Fame
WR- We can't keep ignoring the position. We NEED a true #1 threat. Not only would that in itself be a huge boon to the O, it would help others like Tavon, Gurley, and Foles go to the next level.

LT- This could change if GRob has a lightbulb go off by the end of the season but I'm not sure I expect it to. It doesn't just look mental to me. He's getting thrown around, falling down, and completely whiffing on people. This one makes me sick to think about.

C- Barnes is NOT an NFL quality starter. He's a backup. He's had some solid plays but that doesn't make him a starter. The C position is so underrated.

DE- Chris Long is done, IMO. He's always getting dinged up now and isn't the threat he once was. Contract is big, too.

CB- We're probably going to lose one of our CBs to FA and who knows if Gaines will be the same.

TE- We simply don't have a good one. This type of offense would greatly benefit from a quality TE that can do both blocking and catching(this also includes being able to get open)

DT- Brockers is the only NT on the team that's worth anything. We need depth for if he gets hurt. If he goes down, the run D will suffer.

MLB- JL has been solid for most of the games this year but there's no denying that he's slowing down and we need to start looking for his replacement.

Stel

Starter
WR, MLB, and a developmental RDE.

Why developmental RDE?

I can see LDE since Long is in the last year of his contract and is (or should be) at some risk of being a cap casualty next season. We only have two DEs under contract for next season; Quinn (FA in 2020) and Long (FA in 2017). Both Hayes and Sims are FAs after this season and, along with Long, are on the wrong side of 30.

Middle linebacker? While I'd love to upgrade, JL is adequate and durable. I think we have bigger needs at DB since 3 of our 4 starters are FAs after the season.

Athos

Legend
Sorry, I meant LDE.

And MLB because we honestly need more depth and talent at the position.

I'm also assuming Jenks gets re-signed and Gaines comes back strong. Plus, Roberson hasn't looked too bad.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
We have to get a viable QB. Then I think it's WR or TE/LB/OT/CB

I hope Foles is "viable" for another year. He can and will play better than last week. He might not be the answer, but I'd like to see us get a real, legitimate no#1 WR first for whoever the QB of the future is to work with. Lets not put him in the same situation we gave Bradford with no WR and no offensive line. Get that WR, then sort out the LT position. Either Grob develops or get the guy who can protect a blindside. So that's two first round picks. Two years? Can Foles play for us for 2 years and allow us to compete in that time?

Meanwhile we've got other issues, we need a center, depth at DT (nose tackle position really behind Brockers), and in the secondary with Gaines' injury and Johnson and Jenkins in a contract year.

All of a sudden, from being "one piece away" it looks like a rebuild job when you look at it that way. Its important to see where we are at the end of the year though, not now because we're still in contention. Foles could play competently. Grob could develop and be consistent. That makes two HUGE problems disappear.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
IMO, and with some internal assumptions about re-signed players...

#1 - Center
#2 - OLB
#3 - TE
#4 - DE
#5 - WR

fearsomefour

Legend
Not really talking about a high pick.
I could see the top need going first round and a DE and DT with the two second round picks, to replace Sims and Fairley.
Who knows how Mannion will develop, Keenum is a guy who may or may not be back and I have doubts about Foles. So, we will see. I could see Keenum moving on if the Rams do like Mannion enough, in which case they will still need a third QB.
I was talking about what I would do.
I would always have three in the effort to develop that third guy. Having a true top level QB is such a rare thing I think trying to find that guy should be a continual process. If Keenum leaves and Mannion is promoted, great, I would still draft that third guy to try and develop a great QB.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Do people that post articles like this even know about a teams roster or so they just say s*** out their a** haha
In this^ sentence I believe you answered your own question! :D
The idea that DE and especially DT is a Team need is ludicrous!!