Team needs if draft was tomorrow.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shawnbb158

Starter
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...w-starts?campaign=fb-nf-sf14116473-sf14116473

19. St. Louis Rams
2015 record: 2-3 (.640)
Top need: Wide receiver
Other needs: Defensive end, defensive tackle, center
Senior prospects at positional needs: WR: D.J. Foster (Arizona State), Sterling Shepard (Oklahoma), Josh Doctson (TCU); DE: DeForest Buckner (Oregon), Shilique Calhoun (Michigan State), Shawn Oakman (Baylor); DT: Sheldon Day (Notre Dame), Jarran Reed (Alabama), Adolphus Washington (Ohio State); Center: Nick Martin (Notre Dame), Mike Matthews (Texas A&M).
Analysis: Another year, another draft in which the Rams need to find a wide receiver they can build their passing game around because that guy doesn't appear to be on the roster -- still.Chris Long's contract number for 2016 could price him out of a job, but even if it doesn't theRams could use depth at the defensive end spot. Finding inexpensive depth at defensive tackle and competition at the center spot could also be on the Rams' checklist.

Do people that post articles like this even know about a teams roster or so they just say s*** out their a** haha

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WR, fine.

And yes, depth on the DL is always something Fisher wants.

I'd say depth at CB. But I'd place TE and OC in front of any of those.

The other OL pieces are likely to be improving, so if the right chance is there, sure, but not a priority.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
TE, OL, WR, DE are where I'd start our team needs.

We need an upgrade over Cook/Kendricks at TE and upgrade/replacements for Saffold and maybe GRob depending on if he improves at LOT or needs to move inside.

bskrilla

Starter
WR (If there's a legit #1 at our position in the draft), TE (If they want to keep featuring TE as a receiving threat), OL, LB, DE/CB

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Hmm... interesting topic

I'd put DE. DL is my favorite position to bolster. Bud Dupree was high on my list last draft.

-I'm good with the WR's though the media loves them as our whipping boy.

TE with our second round pick would be great.

I think the offense needs time more than anything.

KNUCKLEHEAD

I won't say it unless you don't.
Would a TE who can catch AND block be too much to ask for? Whatever the positions of need turn out to be, please... don't let one of them be a left tackle.

Stel

Starter
Our needs depend heavily on who we resign. At this point, three of our four starting DBs are free agents at the end of the season. If the draft were held tomorrow, CB would be our #1 need.

fearsomefour

Legend
OL (no depth at C and not sure at LT)
WR (I am letting Britt go after this year)
D Line (taking for granted Fairley won't be back and at least one of our depth DEs is leaving)
CB (if JJ or Tru leave)
QB

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OL (no depth at C and not sure at LT)
WR (I am letting Britt go after this year)
D Line (taking for granted Fairley won't be back and at least one of our depth DEs is leaving)
CB (if JJ or Tru leave)
QB

Unless a stud falls to them, I don't see QB being a need. Mannion is the guy they're developing for after Foles. Not too much point taking somebody else - again, unless a stud falls to them. Better to use their first and two seconds for filling other holes. That should get them a couple of solid or better players.

Penguin.

Rookie
Left Tackle
Right Tackle
Center
Left Guard
Right Guard

If we can't get those positions, maybe ask the other teams to politely count to three before rushing our QB? Just a thought.

fearsomefour

Legend
Unless a stud falls to them, I don't see QB being a need. Mannion is the guy they're developing for after Foles. Not too much point taking somebody else - again, unless a stud falls to them. Better to use their first and two seconds for filling other holes. That should get them a couple of solid or better players.
Not really talking about a high pick.
I could see the top need going first round and a DE and DT with the two second round picks, to replace Sims and Fairley.
Who knows how Mannion will develop, Keenum is a guy who may or may not be back and I have doubts about Foles. So, we will see. I could see Keenum moving on if the Rams do like Mannion enough, in which case they will still need a third QB.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not really talking about a high pick.
I could see the top need going first round and a DE and DT with the two second round picks, to replace Sims and Fairley.
Who knows how Mannion will develop, Keenum is a guy who may or may not be back and I have doubts about Foles. So, we will see. I could see Keenum moving on if the Rams do like Mannion enough, in which case they will still need a third QB.

Fisher doesn't normally keep a 3rd QB. They did this year because they are trying to develop Mannion. In years past they waited until injuries struck to get a #3. Since Foles has shown that he can take a hit, until he actually breaks no need for a third QB unless it is somebody they are developing - which is Mannion's spot.

I agree that Keenum is likely gone after this season. Unless they are displeased with Mannion, I think he becomes the #2 next season.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Assuming Fisher and Snead are still here and in no order: WR, TE, CB, FS, LB

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
By draft time the Long dilemma and DB resigning will have been settled. So that's the draft driver.
DE sure.
But a WR or TE might be the biggest improvement the team can make as in it will open up the field. But if they draft either he needs to a ready to roll out of the box kind. No more early round developmental ones.

Center would be nice.

And if somehow a real QB prospect like a Carr or Garoppolo falls to the Rams they take him and don't look back.