Tavon Austin -- Refocused

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

nighttrain

Legend
With Briggs and Tillman out IMO our o-line rested and well ,I think the Bear HAVE to stop Stacy first or we're gonna run all the fugg over them,I see TA getting open a lot, if he doesn't Givens or Quick or Cook is gonna burn them ,I REALLY like our chances in that game,I hope the fans turn out and give our guys the home field advantage they deserve.
I 'm getting the exact same feeling, thunder=Zac & lighting=passing attack, woop woop, Bear skin hangin on wall....
train

RamzFanz

Damnit
Sorry, but I can never buy into the idea that a professional NFL offensive coordinator who's been to Championship games with Sanchez, has no idea how to use the personnel at his disposal while the fans .... do. That's suggesting that he crunches film with the other coaches and players, comes away with absolutely no idea of what he's doing, and Fisher/McGinnis/Boudreau/Sirmans just let him flounder out of spite. That sound rational to you?

[/sarcasm]

You're right. I see it now.

We were wrong for wanting plays designed specifically to get TA the ball in the open field. We were wrong to assume that the plays they were calling that never got him in the open field and were mostly unsuccessful were poorly designed. We were wrong to point out that the one time they did design and execute to get him the ball in the open field it was an 81 yard TD.

Yes, OC's have different strengths and weaknesses, but the NFL gods assure that the right OC goes to the right team with the right players.

I've been blinded by the coincidences of failure with one strategy and the success of another. Assuming success means correctness is a slippery slope. Next we will be assuming winning means correctness, then where will we be?

Word of the day - Schomniscience

[/sarcasm]

In the end X, we will see. They will either plan to get him the ball in the open field and he will succeed or fail or they won't and he will succeed or fail and the chips will fall where they fall.

Right now, unfortunately, the sample size for open field plays is too small to be significant.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
[/sarcasm]

You're right. I see it now.

We were wrong for wanting plays designed specifically to get TA the ball in the open field. We were wrong to assume that the plays they were calling that never got him in the open field and were mostly unsuccessful were poorly designed. We were wrong to point out that the one time they did design and execute to get him the ball in the open field it was an 81 yard TD.

Yes, OC's have different strengths and weaknesses, but the NFL gods assure that the right OC goes to the right team with the right players.

I've been blinded by the coincidences of failure with one strategy and the success of another. Assuming success means correctness is a slippery slope. Next we will be assuming winning means correctness, then where will we be?

Word of the day - Schomniscience

[/sarcasm]

In the end X, we will see. They will either plan to get him the ball in the open field and he will succeed or fail or they won't and he will succeed or fail and the chips will fall where they fall.
Ah, sarcasm. I stand corrected.

I can see it now. NOW that they know how to get him open and scoring 81 yard touchdowns every game, he'll end up with roughly 1734 yards and 25 touchdowns. Because every team is like the Colts and employs man coverage. And then continues to use it even when it's proven to be ineffective. I'm also relatively sure that once Austin stops scoring at will, and stops taking advantage of every defensive front he sees, that it will again be Schotty's fault for FORGETTING how to get Tavon in open space.

At this point, I guess, I'll have to make a video of all the times Tavon was open and the blocking in front failed, or he dropped the ball, or the QB didn't see him. Even though it goes against my very fibre to cast a player in a negative light like that, it appears to now be my only option.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I can see it now. NOW that they know how to get him open and scoring 81 yard touchdowns every game, he'll end up with roughly 1734 yards and 25 touchdowns.

Chuh-ching! THAT ought to get him ROY fer sure. :woot::woot::woot:

RamzFanz

Damnit

I can see it now. NOW that they know how to get him open and scoring 81 yard touchdowns every game, he'll end up with roughly 1734 yards and 25 touchdowns. Because every team is like the Colts and employs man coverage. And then continues to use it even when it's proven to be ineffective. I'm also relatively sure that once Austin stops scoring at will, and stops taking advantage of every defensive front he sees, that it will again by Schotty's fault for FORGETTING how to get Tavon in open space.

See, now we're on the same page!

Is it painful to admit that Schotty has no idea how to get TA open against zone coverage with pick plays or WR blocking or intertwined crossing routes? It sounds like it hurts.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig

I can see it now. NOW that they know how to get him open and scoring 81 yard touchdowns every game, he'll end up with roughly 1734 yards and 25 touchdowns. Because every team is like the Colts and employs man coverage. And then continues to use it even when it's proven to be ineffective. I'm also relatively sure that once Austin stops scoring at will, and stops taking advantage of every defensive front he sees, that it will again be Schotty's fault for FORGETTING how to get Tavon in open space.

At this point, I guess, I'll have to make a video of all the times Tavon was open and the blocking in front failed, or he dropped the ball, or the QB didn't see him. Even though it goes against my very fibre to cast a player in a negative light like that, it appears to now be my only option.

Don't do it Paulie...just walk away.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
See, now we're on the same page!
I'm gonna have Les punch you in the balls now.

... or was it Username who's the ball puncher?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yep.
Brace yourself.

hit_balls.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
lol. That's awesome.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
lol at the video! Ouch.

I'm sore just watching that.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Those little baby taps to the sack aren't as effective as a karate chop lol.

Or the business end of a big wooden spoon lol.