Take two plays away ....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BobCarl

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
Maybe could be a little less vague about what you're trying to say. Is it your contention that without the big plays, the offense didn't do anything?

Please go back and read the OP ... I "said" nothing about a game. Hence I wasn't trying to say anything.

At the end of those sentences were question marks. I was asking for information and observations.
Sheesh.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This thread has lost all meaning. :neh:

Read one of the recaps posted here and you'll get your answers.

BobCarl

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
LMAO

At the time I posted the question (at halftime) there were no "recaps" on your forum. Did I come to the wrong place to find out how other Rams fans were seeing the game?

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
BobCarl said:
Speeps said:
The (2) plays happened.
:nono: Nobody said they didn't happen.

At halftime, the media only showed 2 plays. I asked to be filled in on all of the other plays. U had nothing to contribute about the other plays.

Why, as a Rams fan, can't I ask about the rest of the game? especially since I already knew what happened on those two plays?

Ok...here's what I remember:

Rams starters on both sides of the ball played most, if not all, of the first half -- and didn't return in the 2nd half.

After Austin's punt return, Bradford's TD pass to Cook was well-placed. Yeah, it was a little high, but he put the ball where the covering LB couldn't get it.

OL -- their pass protection was better than their run-blocking. And based on the 2nd half, the OL depth is cause for concern.

As for the starting defense -- this is the second week in a row they've faced the no-huddle. The one time they tried subbing in, Peyton Manning (with all the malice of a woman scorned) ran a quick snap so the Rams got flagged for 12 men. It's really hard to gauge how the D will play in the regular season, because they've shown nothing exotic or unconventional. The pass rush has mainly consisted of just sending the front four. And the db's are giving 5 to 10 yards of cushion consistently.

RB -- Richardson makes some nice plays in space, but his blitz pickup needs some refinement.

Like the OL depth, the QB depth behind Bradford is cause for concern, as well. Neither Davis nor Clemens has played consistently well enough to distinguish themselves for the #2 spot.

That's all I can remember.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
BobCarl said:
X said:
LMAO

At the time I posted the question (at halftime) there were no "recaps" on your forum. Did I come to the wrong place to find out how other Rams fans were seeing the game?
Is it still halftime now?

Dude... I was just trying to figure out what you were asking because it was unclear (to more than just me) at the time. Just a misunderstanding is all. No need to get testy.

sent via Tapatalk.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BobCarl said:
can someone tell me how the Rams pass Defense held up aginst Manning?

Well enough. Manning mainly just was throwing underneath the vanilla defense or throwing timing routes to the sideline underneath the CB's cushion. Ogletree looked great though. Gave Manning a lot of issues down the seam.

But when we blitzed, he had some issues and our guys tackled well for the most part.

can someone tell me how the Rams running game looked?

Bad. Some blown assignments and very little push. The first unit pass blocked well though with only a couple of hiccups. And Sam was able to use his pocket movement to minimize those hiccups.

can someone tell me how the Rams WR's looked?

Mixed bag. Pettis was pretty bleh. Givens had a good night but failed to pick-up on a sight adjustment as a hot read and blew a 3rd down play when the Broncos brought pressure. Austin and Cook both looked excellent. Beyond that, Quick looked pretty good and I didn't pay much attention to the other guys.

Speeps

Starter
BobCarl said:
Speeps said:
The (2) plays happened.
:nono: Nobody said they didn't happen.

At halftime, the media only showed 2 plays. I asked to be filled in on all of the other plays. U had nothing to contribute about the other plays.

Why, as a Rams fan, can't I ask about the rest of the game? especially since I already knew what happened on those two plays?
So that was your question eh?

Your initial post did not come across that way.

With that said,
the fundamentals seemed improved over the last few weeks. However, pre-snap penalties continue to plague the team. Sam did well, although he did have a rough patch only completing 1/6, mostly due to some communication errors with his WR's.

The offensive line was decent. Sam was sacked twice, one was a coverage sack, the other was a complete collapse by the offensive line. Looked to be a communication issue.

The defense allowed yards, but not points. The Bronco's tempo really took it's toll, but last night was the classic case of bend don't break defense.

I was encouraged by our top three rookies.

Overall, the game was an encouraging sign of things to come, but there's more that needs to be corrected. Also, with the defense, they continue to play vanilla, even the commentators were saying how the Rams were showing "nothing" so take that for what it's worth.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
iced said:
not quite sure I agree with the "take away" plays, especially in this instance with limited snaps...

Austin took the punt 81 yards back to the 4 - can't just take that away.. Can't play hindsight - for all you know bradford hits givens for a long bomb touchdown instead or maybe someone miraculously breaks one.

OK but now take away those hypothetical plays... :sly:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
iced said:
not quite sure I agree with the "take away" plays, especially in this instance with limited snaps...

Austin took the punt 81 yards back to the 4 - can't just take that away.. Can't play hindsight - for all you know bradford hits givens for a long bomb touchdown instead or maybe someone miraculously breaks one.

Now take away all the replies.

Is this thread fell in the woods, and nobody was there to read it, would it still be a tree?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
RamFan503 said:
iced said:

Now take away all the replies.

Is this thread fell in the woods, and nobody was there to read it, would it still be a tree?

No but she'd still be nagging.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
BobCarl said:
You know what two plays .... take them out of the 1st half equation and what do we have? Be objective please.

Manning picking apart a "vanilla" defense? Rams "vanilla"offense failing to produce against the Denver defense?

I didn't get to see the game ... besides the two plays, what happened?
Well Bob take away ONE play and Denver plays in the SB last year

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
BobCarl thinking he needs a new GPS:
Did I come to the wrong place to find out how other Rams fans were seeing the game?
This is the right place BC. I get misread all the time so you're not alone.

It really boggles my mind that some of the posters here can't read what I'm thinking. Sheesh! :shock:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Thordaddy said:
BobCarl said:
You know what two plays .... take them out of the 1st half equation and what do we have? Be objective please.

Manning picking apart a "vanilla" defense? Rams "vanilla"offense failing to produce against the Denver defense?

Wait a minute, if you take away the 6 yard pass to Demarius Thomas and Lance Balls touchdown ,we kicked the shit out of them

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
albefree69 said:
BobCarl thinking he needs a new GPS:
Did I come to the wrong place to find out how other Rams fans were seeing the game?
This is the right place BC. I get misread all the time so you're not alone.

It really boggles my mind that some of the posters here can't read what I'm thinking. Sheesh! :shock:

So you're thinkin Bob got lost?

Or that I can't read his mind or Saphi Ram just didn't let him watch the game

bluecoconuts

Legend
Thordaddy said:
Thordaddy said:
BobCarl said:

Wait a minute, if you take away the 6 yard pass to Demarius Thomas and Lance Balls touchdown ,we kicked the shit out of them

If you take away one play in every game last year the Rams make the playoffs and go 6-0 in the division.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
Thordaddy said:
Thordaddy said:
BobCarl said:

If you take away one play in every game last year the Rams make the playoffs and go 6-0 in the division.
BOOM.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
CGI_Ram said:
BC, there were more than 2 plays to be impressed with. Hopefully you can see the game tomorrow.

Austin punt return.

Nice TD to Cook.

Ogletree strip for TD.

McDonald FG block.

Ogletree interception.

Austin 2nd punt return.

Ogletree breakup/almost INT in endzone.

GZ 58 yd FG.

I was at a wedding on Saturday and i missed the game, Please if someone can make a video of these plays? Sounds amazing.

Fucking replay is not working at the moment.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BobCarl said:

Rams fan? I thought you were a raiders fan, you seemed so excited all those years back when they traded for randy moss and brought in deep ball collins to throw the ball to him.