Take two plays away ....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
BobCarl said:
V3 said:
That kind of crap was used by Spags and Linehan .... What a load of feces!
If you look at my name you'll see that I'm not named Spags or Linehan. I am not asking for excuses about the Rams failures (if any) on Saturday night.

At the time that I asked the above question ... the game was 1/2 over ... and the brief media info I saw only told basically about two plays ... a forced fumble and a big return.

I have never known that in an entire game that a single team has no offensive plays, only one defensive play, and one special teams play.

So let me ask you ... other than those two plays ... do you have an opinion of how the team did on ALL of the other plays in the 1st half?

Did the return and forced fumble have anything to do with the stats that Manning put up? No of course not.

I'm not going to stick my head in the sand and assume ... because of those two plays ... that Manning was shut down. So what happened?

My ire wasn't really directed at you. It was at our previous coaches. I hate it when coaches or sport casters try and ignore plays. You have to look at all of it. Nothing personal at you. Sorry if you took it that way.

As far as my opinion on the team's play, I posted a rather lengthy post in a thread where someone wasn't able to watch so he was asking for people to summarize what happened.

BobCarl

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thordaddy said:
Well Bob take away ONE play and Denver plays in the SB last year

Take away the "tuck" rule and New England never gets the chance to cheat the Rams out of a Superbowl victory. The Rams probably would have won because the officials would never, never, never cheat in favor of the other team.

oh .... eleven years later, they take away the "tuck" rule ... :omg:

BobCarl

Rookie
kurtfaulk said:
Rams fan? I thought you were a raiders fan, you seemed so excited all those years back when they traded for randy moss and brought in deep ball collins to throw the ball to him.

I was excited ... and they were exciting ... and very productive ... until one game that Moss got abused as bad as Bruce got abused in the Super Bowl ... the officials looked the other way then too. Moss got hurt and when he came back he didn't care nor try anymore.

No need to question me as being a Rams fan I've been to more Rams home than a basketball team can count on their fingers... Living in St. Louis long before and after the GSOT, how can one not become a fan of the Rams?

That being said ... yes I'm a Raiders fan too.

And all Rams fans should be grateful for the Raiders .... here's why...

Way back when ... some unknown guy was the runningback for Mizzou ... his college career amounted to ... well not much and he was never drafted by an NFL team.

But wait, some crazy NFL owner thought the guy could be a productive LB and offered him a job ... if he was willing to learn how to tackle.

He tackled his way into being traded to the Rams as a Starting LB and ended tackling some guy named Kevin Dyson at the goal-line to give the Rams a Super Bowl victory.

If the Raiders ... take away... that one undrafted runningback ... the Rams lose the Super Bowl.

RamzFanz

Damnit
BobCarl said:
You know what two plays .... take them out of the 1st half equation and what do we have? Be objective please.

Manning picking apart a "vanilla" defense? Rams "vanilla"offense failing to produce against the Denver defense?

I didn't get to see the game ... besides the two plays, what happened?

Great. I agree. Let's take away the great defensive and offensive play by the Rams.

THEN, let's take away the first two scoring plays by the Broncos.

I like it better.

iced

RamFan503 said:
iced said:
not quite sure I agree with the "take away" plays, especially in this instance with limited snaps...

Austin took the punt 81 yards back to the 4 - can't just take that away.. Can't play hindsight - for all you know bradford hits givens for a long bomb touchdown instead or maybe someone miraculously breaks one.

OK but now take away those hypothetical plays... :sly:

so then the game plays out as normal, since we're "hypothetically taking away 2 plays"

:bign:

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
After listening to all this stuff I've come to the conclusion that if you took away my first two wives, I've had an idyllic married life. I plan on looking at it that way from here on in. Thanks guys. :bg:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
BobCarl said:
If the Raiders ... take away... that one undrafted runningback ... the Rams lose the Super Bowl.

Not to pick nits here but if Tenn scores on that play, the extra point would tie the game not win it. I'm not aiming this at you Bob but I get really tired of the statement like, "the Rams were 1 yard away from losing that Superbowl". No. No they weren't. Take it to overtime and with that team, the Rams could win it with one play against any team.

"The Tackle" was a great play and I'm sure all of us Rams fans not only sighed a huge sigh of relief but likely lost their voice at the same time. I know I sure did.

On point, take away the TD pass to Bruce, It's tied up already and the Titans kick the FG to ACTUALLY win. One play.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I hate what ifs its just digging for a way to make a point thats full of holes.

Take e those 2 plays away and what do you have.

1 a preseason defense holding Peyton to fgs
2. A way better body of work by the offense then the first 2 games.
3. A better tackling performance by the defense.
4. Tj McDonald showing up better on d.
5. Better special team performance like a fg block.
6. Hope!

I would also like to say take those 2 plays away we could have had equal or more big plays you know the whole everything is variable everything has a cause and effect.

That being said be happy with those 2 plays we beat our 1's beat their 1's on the scorboard where it matters most and Peyton Manning was their 1

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Peyton Manning ran teams in indy always sucked in preseason they did exactly what were doing using it to practice the basics live game nothing special.

As far as Pettis i belive Bailey will be greater then Pettis jmho

BobCarl

Rookie
RamFan503 said:
Not to pick nits here but if Tenn scores on that play ...

yes you are correct, the Rams were not guaranteed a loss if Mike Jones wiffed ...

BobCarl

Rookie
Rabid Ram said:
1 a preseason defense holding Peyton to fgs
2. A way better body of work by the offense then the first 2 games.
3. A better tackling performance by the defense.
4. Tj McDonald showing up better on d.
5. Better special team performance like a fg block.
6. Hope!

#'s 1-6 answers "what else" ... and thank you for that.

hence ... in addition to our top two draft picks this season, it seems as if the rest of the team is showing some promise too.

Cheers!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
albefree69 said:
After listening to all this stuff I've come to the conclusion that if you took away my first two wives, I've had an idyllic married life. I plan on looking at it that way from here on in. Thanks guys. :bg:
Not to mention the stuff.
Take away two nuts from a bull and you have a steer

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Thordaddy knowing his stuff:
Not to mention the stuff.
Take away two nuts from a bull and you have a steer
You knew my second wife? I got them back in the divorce settlement so I'm good to go again. :lol:
Sort of.