Take two plays away ....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BobCarl

Rookie
You know what two plays .... take them out of the 1st half equation and what do we have? Be objective please.

Manning picking apart a "vanilla" defense? Rams "vanilla"offense failing to produce against the Denver defense?

I didn't get to see the game ... besides the two plays, what happened?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
BC, there were more than 2 plays to be impressed with. Hopefully you can see the game tomorrow.

Austin punt return.

Nice TD to Cook.

Ogletree strip for TD.

McDonald FG block.

Ogletree interception.

Austin 2nd punt return.

Ogletree breakup/almost INT in endzone.

GZ 58 yd FG.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm not a big fan of "take this (or that) away" types of analyses.
You have to analyze ALL that transpired.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm not sure what two plays you mean.

I thought the offense looked good though, Bradford was very accurate, and read the defenses well.

V3

Hall of Fame
X said:

I agree. That kind of crap was used by Spags and Linehan. They'd always say, "Well, if you just take away those big plays, we'd be right in it." What a load of feces!

BobCarl

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
BC, there were more than 2 plays to be impressed with. Hopefully you can see the game tomorrow..

We have eight big plays ... that is awesome. I haven't watched the game yet ... but it seems as if Ogletree was all over the field. I'll watch the game later, I'm certainly looking forward to viewing his effort.

BobCarl

Rookie
X said:

this is a team game.... each player, each position gets evaluated.

Special Teams punt return game .... dominated
Special teams blocked a kick/punt? dominated
Ogletree with some big playse ... dominated

I haven't seen the game ....

can someone tell me how the Rams pass Defense held up aginst Manning?
can someone tell me how the Rams running game looked?
can someone tell me how the Rams WR's looked?

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
BobCarl said:
You know what two plays .... take them out of the 1st half equation and what do we have? Be objective please.

Manning picking apart a "vanilla" defense? Rams "vanilla"offense failing to produce against the Denver defense?

I didn't get to see the game ... besides the two plays, what happened?
The actual effect of those 2 plays is that the offense had fewer plays in the first half. Manning threw the ball how many times in the first half?

Speeps

Starter
X said:
This.

The way things transpired, lead to decisions made by the coaches and players on the field. If you use the "Take this or that away" analysis, things may have played out differently, because things would have transpired differently. That's too much time and energy to even ponder that. I like to stick to what I saw in the context of the game. Makes the most sense.

iced

not quite sure I agree with the "take away" plays, especially in this instance with limited snaps...

Austin took the punt 81 yards back to the 4 - can't just take that away.. Can't play hindsight - for all you know bradford hits givens for a long bomb touchdown instead or maybe someone miraculously breaks one.

BobCarl

Rookie
bluecoconuts said:
Bradford was very accurate, and read the defenses well.

Awesome! Thanks for your observations. I prefer to read what real fans have to say (good and bad) about the team instead of Local or National writers.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yikes. just looked at the box score. The Rams got slaughtered everywhere but the scoreboard. Wow.

BobCarl

Rookie
V3 said:
That kind of crap was used by Spags and Linehan .... What a load of feces!
If you look at my name you'll see that I'm not named Spags or Linehan. I am not asking for excuses about the Rams failures (if any) on Saturday night.

At the time that I asked the above question ... the game was 1/2 over ... and the brief media info I saw only told basically about two plays ... a forced fumble and a big return.

I have never known that in an entire game that a single team has no offensive plays, only one defensive play, and one special teams play.

So let me ask you ... other than those two plays ... do you have an opinion of how the team did on ALL of the other plays in the 1st half?

Did the return and forced fumble have anything to do with the stats that Manning put up? No of course not.

I'm not going to stick my head in the sand and assume ... because of those two plays ... that Manning was shut down. So what happened?

BobCarl

Rookie
Speeps said:
I like to stick to what I saw in the context of the game. Makes the most sense.
So your argument is that one play each by 2 players defined the context of the other 78 Rams players that evening? :huhidk:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
V3 said:
X said:

I agree. That kind of crap was used by Spags and Linehan. They'd always say, "Well, if you just take away those big plays, we'd be right in it." What a load of feces!

The best at that was the rat faced bastard named Haslett. He should have never been allowed to be a Ram.

He used to always say "well if you take away the thirty yard run and the two twenty five yard runs they wouldn't have gained 200 yards rushing". That kind of crap came out of his cake trap way to often.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
BobCarl said:
Speeps said:
So your argument is that one play each by 2 players defined the context of the other 78 Rams players that evening? :huhidk:
Maybe could be a little less vague about what you're trying to say. Is it your contention that without the big plays, the offense didn't do anything? It's hard to get a read on what you're trying to convey here.

Speeps

Starter
BobCarl said:
Speeps said:
I don't know how you can assume that from what my post said.

I'll repeat it for you: When watching a game, I like to stick to what I SAW in the context of the game. Not making hypotheticals about taking away plays. Why would I want to make judgement about a game by taking away two plays? It doesn't make any sense. The plays happened.

BobCarl

Rookie
Speeps said:
The (2) plays happened.
:nono: Nobody said they didn't happen.

At halftime, the media only showed 2 plays. I asked to be filled in on all of the other plays. U had nothing to contribute about the other plays.

Why, as a Rams fan, can't I ask about the rest of the game? especially since I already knew what happened on those two plays?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
BobCarl said:
Speeps said:
The (2) plays happened.
:nono: Nobody said they didn't happen.

At halftime, the media only showed 2 plays. I asked to be filled in on all of the other plays. U had nothing to contribute about the other plays.

Why, as a Rams fan, can't I ask about the rest of the game? especially since I already knew what happened on those two plays?
You probably should have led with that, instead of this:

[textarea][Take two plays away...] You know what two plays .... take them out of the 1st half equation and what do we have? Be objective please.

I didn't get to see the game ... besides the two plays, what happened?[/textarea]
It just wasn't clear what you were trying to ask. Looked like you were making a statement that needed reinforcing.