Take my poll!!!: How good will the Defense be?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

This year's defense will...

• Shock the league!!! Top D in the NFL. One of the best defenses in recent memory. Freakishly good!

Votes: 37 35.9%
  • Finish Top 5 -10. Good not great. 3 or more ProBowlers.

Votes: 57 55.3%
  • Play up and down like last year. Middle of the pack. 1-2 ProBowlers.

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Disappoint. Too many mistakes, too much hype. Low ranking. 0-1 ProBowlers.

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Where's your confidence in this years defense?

Tell us the truth!

paceram

Pro Bowler
They will be the best Defense in the NFL and if their Offense will cooperate and give them some points (And, keep them off the field!) the Rams will win the NFC West and have a legitimate shot at the Superbowl (OK - Maybe, this is a little optimistic but this is how I really feel!)!

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Heart says best in the league, but head says somewhere in the top 5-10. We have a hell of a front 7 but the backfield still has some question marks. With that in mind, there are a lot of good D's out there at the moment so I think it's likely we see the Rams up there, but not quite 'there' this season.

Also, being a Rams fan has taught me that I'm only setting myself up for us to fail if I predict us to be best in the league at anything, so 'good but not quite the best' is what I'd have to go with.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
The best. Lead the league in sacks and turnovers. I also expect many blitzes.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
It'll be the defense that will get us to be the Super Bowl champs! #yearoftheram

A55VA6

Legend
Somewhat up and down, more of a step up from last year. I expect a Top 10 defense, but not quite top 5. Maybe they'll prove me wrong.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Well we were top 5 in scoring last year, so anything less than that's got to be seen as a step back. Can we be the best in the league? We certainly have the talent, if we can limit the performances like we had against the Giants then it's possible.

It's all about how we start, I'm not sure I have faith in a Fisher coached team to be fast out of the gate, but the reports from training camp are encouraging.

If there was an option for top 3 I'd take that, I think 5-10 would misrepresent my opinion (with 5th being the worst I could envision) and I don't feel confident enough to vote best in the league.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Well, I had hoped to participate in the poll, but you went from being # 1, to being 5 - 10. I doubt we'll be # 1, although I do believe we may be capable of a top 5 ranking so long as we avoid injury. jmo.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Top 10 statistically and handing out more punishment and general intimidation to opposing QB's, WR's and RB's.
MpuQhzy.gif

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
This defense is ready to breakout in a big way,they have all the pieces to get it done. Our front 7 will be one of the best if not the best in the league.If our secondary has a good year this D will be #1 and I believe they will.This defense showed flashes of what they are capable of last year. And now they know the system better and they are deeper.I would not be shocked at all if we finished with the #1 overall defense.

Ram65

Legend
I really think top 1-3 defenses. I voted:

Shock the league!!! Top D in the NFL. One of the best defenses in recent memory. Freakishly good!

You needed another level to vote on. They could shock the league but better be a top 5 defense at the least.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, I WANT to say freakishly good..Better than '85 Chicago Bears good...I need to see how we defend the quick dump off pass, which has rendered the best Dline in the country, useless in past years in certain games. We are only as strong as our weakest link...I am hoping to see Jimmy Graham & Co. getting punked by our LBers and Corners in Week One..If we do that, the single season Sack record will fall....

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
G. William's style of D is boom or bust. We'll either completely punish teams allowing sub 50 yards rushing with 6 sacks, or allow 27 points per game. It's all on game planning. If J. Lau is able to confuse offenses like he did against Peyton last year, we'll be the top D in the league. I think, realistically, 5-10 is a good area to shoot for.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Like many I believe we could possibly be the best Defense in the league. But I think we fall in the top 10 somewhere which will lead to a 10-6 record and dare i say it. Playoffs!!!!! (y):cheers::popcorn:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like many I believe we could possibly be the best Defense in the league. But I think we fall in the top 10 somewhere which will lead to a 10-6 record and dare i say it. Playoffs!!!!! (y):cheers::popcorn:
Man, why you downgrading us? Eleven wins EASY!:rockon:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I voted for the Disappoint option. I was all over the Sack City stuff, and then we came out flat. It was my fault guys. No one can blame me if it happens again.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I voted for the Disappoint option. I was all over the Sack City stuff, and then we came out flat. It was my fault guys. No one can blame me if it happens again.
FAIL...Your punishment is to continue to watch Camp and do the fantastic reports that you do!

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Up and Down for me. Similar to how Janoris plays. If he makes the Pro Bowl, we'll be top 5.