T.J. McDonald is likely done with the Rams, but they have a guy on the roster that could replace him

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I think Mo will man the SS spot and I hope they move Joyner to FS.and two of either Randolph, Davis or Christian as depth.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yeah Brian Randolph is the next Jon Kirksey, Darrius Blevins or Gaylon Hyder...I will believe it when I see it.

300x300.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah Brian Randolph is the next Jon Kirksey, Darrius Blevins or Gaylon Hyder...I will believe it when I see it.

300x300.jpg

Exactly. Longshot at best. One could say it's possible, but then again it's possible to win the lotto on a $2 dollar ticket.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hm, maybe. Tough to count on an UDFA coming off an ACL tear. They'll have to address it first, and maybe he beats out whoever we bring in as competition.

?? About Daniels & McCloud ?? Weren't they both undrafted by Billy D" ?

Then got there chance with Fisher. Daniels never recovered , but was actually a better talent than Rodney .

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wanna see how Brian Randolph does this pre-season. When it comes to light-'em-up safeties, the Horns have had two within the past 20 years that really stood out - Toby Wright and Aeneas Williams. Talk about having a Sheriff in the secondary!, these guys were literally capable of ending careers!!! For the Horns D to be complete, we could really use thumpers at all three levels.
I do too! I think Randolph is special as long as the knee holds up.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Well Randolph can be interchangeable with Mo. He hits harder than everyone besides maybe Mo. Christian is a limited in the box safety which I like having for depth. Shippen and Couplin don't do what Randolph does. I mean the only one I worry about if I'm randle is a draft pick or free agent. No one on the roster at the moment is far and away better than Randolph besides Mo.
Believe me I sure have no issues with Randolph at all. I was made aware of him last season early by @LACHAMP46 & having all the 2016 pre season games recorded I can tell you & was very impressed with what I saw from BR. If he had not tore that knee in the end zone he would have had some serious on field playing time last season. Yes he can play both safety posts but I tend to lean that he would excel in the SS post a bit better than at FS.

If that knee is fully healthy BR might get a chance to stick on this roster in 2017. I see no need to use one of our 8 selections on a safety this draft.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
I think Mo will man the SS spot and I hope they move Joyner to FS.and two of either Randolph, Davis or Christian as depth.
Joyner is sure to play nickel again. He gives them the most shifty and twitchiness inside the numbers.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

Then got there chance with Fisher. Daniels never recovered , but was actually a better talent than Rodney .

Both were undrafted and brought in by Snead and waited their turn behind Mikell, Dahl and Stewart before they got any opportunities. The coaches already knew what they had and they had spent a year in the system before they got their chances. That's different than this situation.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Believe me I sure have no issues with Randolph at all. I was made aware of him last season early by @LACHAMP46 & having all the 2016 pre season games recorded I can tell you & was very impressed with what I saw from BR. If he had not tore that knee in the end zone he would have had some serious on field playing time last season. Yes he can play both safety posts but I tend to lean that he would excel in the SS post a bit better than at FS.

If that knee is fully healthy BR might get a chance to stick on this roster in 2017. I see no need to use one of our 8 selections on a safety this draft.
That's my point. I love Fish Smithson and Tedric Thompson but with the lack of a first round pick. If Brian Randolph is healthy we won't need to draft a safety. That will allow us to allocate our resources to bigger positions of need or rather BPA.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Exactly. Longshot at best. One could say it's possible, but then again it's possible to win the lotto on a $2 dollar ticket.
Eh I think he looks as talented as anyone on our roster at safety.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN

McLeod was Snisher. Daniels was Devaney. I think Brian Randolph is going to be like Darian Stewart.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
McDonald should give a hometown discount after how bad he played and his off-the-field incident. The Rams gave him a chance. Oh well he's gone time to move on.

He probably see's the righting on the wall.

When he was in St. Louis he wore his Dodger hat. Now in LA he is leaving. I'll give him street credit if he signs with the Chargers though .

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Limited range, history of injuries with ACL and shoulder issues, better players on the roster.
He doesn't have limited range lol. He played center field at Tenn. He wasn't an injury prone player he set a school record for most consecutive starts. Who's better? TJ who can't cover at all? Marqui who is nothing more than an in the box safety? Cody Davis who is an average safety? Really all I can think is Mo Alexander.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
McLeod was Snisher. Daniels was Devaney. I think Brian Randolph is going to be like Darian Stewart.
So it was Daniels & Stewart ?? I thought there were 2 FS that signed the one year.
In any sense Wade helped Stewart make the pro bowl I'm guessing. Was nice to see he played at that high of a level .
Snisher seem to scope out some real good players only not to pull the trigger. Then some of the players they draft your like ?? What & why ??
McVay is going to enjoy the draft with Snead .

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He doesn't have limited range lol. He played center field at Tenn. He wasn't an injury prone player he set a school record for most consecutive starts. Who's better? TJ who can't cover at all? Marqui who is nothing more than an in the box safety? Cody Davis who is an average safety? Really all I can think is Mo Alexander.

Cue up his film and look at his backpedal and reactions in the pass game. He's not a guy with range in the middle. He does have talent, but I seriously doubt he's gonna put it all together and start for the Rams.

Let's wait and see if you're right. Oh and I would be happy if you were btw. Just don't think he has a chance. Mo is bigger and a better athlete, and Davis' technique and instincts are better which isn't saying much.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
So it was Daniels & Stewart ?? I thought there were 2 FS that signed the one year.
In any sense Wade helped Stewart make the pro bowl I'm guessing. Was nice to see he played at that high of a level .
Snisher seem to scope out some real good players only not to pull the trigger. Then some of the players they draft your like ?? What & why ??
McVay is going to enjoy the draft with Snead .
McVay is going to enjoy his first draft where he has the majority of the pull. It should be awesome

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Both were undrafted and brought in by Snead and waited their turn behind Mikell, Dahl and Stewart before they got any opportunities. The coaches already knew what they had and they had spent a year in the system before they got their chances. That's different than this situation.

Not sure that is 100% right , but ok .

I do know Jake was pounding the table hard last year with Randolph & knew he was going this direction. If he didn't Inwould have Been disappointed .

Hard Knocks went inside on the play a little. Was sad he hurt himself on like first kickoff.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Cue up his film and look at his backpedal and reactions in the pass game. He's not a guy with range in the middle. He does have talent, but I seriously doubt he's gonna put it all together and start for the Rams.

Let's wait and see if you're right. Oh and I would be happy if you were btw. Just don't think he has a chance. Mo is bigger and a better athlete, and Davis' technique and instincts are better which isn't saying much.
Well I agree there are only two weaknesses i see and that is the back peddling and he can be too violent for the way the NFL calls penalties nowadays. However, he has great closing speed. You can see that when he baited Jake Coker to throw this pass where he was 15 yards off his man and he came in with a sliding interception which was incredible. I hope he lives up to what I think he can be.