Steelers @ Rams GDT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sappy113

Rookie
No I'm bitching about people putting down players and calling this franchise pathetic i don't see how anyone can say that is OK

I mean... look at our record for the last 10 season. "Pathetic" is a generous choice of words...

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Windows in the NFL are small. If the talent really is there now, there's no excuses. No, "we'll improve, maybe, next year!". You better win NOW, while you have a chance.

But maybe we don't have as much talent as we though. Or maybe the coaching is just really, really bad. I lean to the latter explanation.
Leaning to the latter as well myself. But our defense was awesome today overall.

Any fool can see that we probably should have invested in the offensive line earlier and we wouldn't have a year like this.

And here is the thing. Our defense will be better next year as well. I say that to make a point that the way they've drafted for attrition on overpriced contracts they are digging out of the hole.

But, seriously, anyone can see that the penalties were called to compliment what we don't do well, like starting out our drives behind the 20.

Either way, it's no big deal. Other than our secondary, a coaching change wouldn't require a roster overhaul.

We will be better next year if you like it or not.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
There wasn't a lot to cheer for offensively today. The short passing game that was used against us all day would have easily worked against them as well. We try so hard to be a run first team that even when it isn't working we keep shoving it up in there.

On defense we looked good, but that's only because Haley is a jackoff. All game long the short pass is there and he decides to abandon it and run the rock and throw deep routes with Vick. SMH. The blueprint for how to beat our front 7 is out there, just dink and dunk because our secondary will literally be 10 yards off the line of scrimmage.

We have so much potential. We just have to find a way to put it all together every week against every team.

Sappy113

Rookie
We will be better next year if you like it or not.

Trust me, I'd like that in a BIG way. I just don't trust we will if Fisher remains the HC. We might get better, but I still don't believe we'll be good enough for challenging for the division. It's all about the culture - of winning or losing. Take someone like Bruce Arians in Arizone. Clearly he built a winning culture within that Cardinals group. Now take Fisher. Mediocrity in spades, of which he's a part himself.

Take this roster and let another HC have a go at it.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Trust me, I'd like that in a BIG way. I just don't trust we will if Fisher remains the HC. We might get better, but I still don't believe we'll be good enough for challenging for the division. It's all about the culture - of winning or losing. Take someone like Bruce Arians in Arizone. Clearly he built a winning culture within that Cardinals group. Now take Fisher. Mediocrity in spades, of which he's a part himself.

Take this roster and let another HC have a go at it.
I'm not against that ATL all, really if anything a new DC and HC might even see the defense get better. But I still say regardless f our head coach, we are in a good position going forward financially. We're already saving money on the QB position and that may yet improve more. Obviously the offense can only get better.

But I think we'll be serious next year no matter what, and 2018 we'll just start being the team to beat regardless of who's coaching.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Can somebody post a quick summation of the game? How did BR get hurt? My boy had a baseball double header, I missed the whole game.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Can somebody post a quick summation of the game? How did BR get hurt? My boy had a baseball double header, I missed the whole game.
Barron stumbled into his lower left leg and tweaked his knee (or high ankle - not sure yet).

The game was the Steelers moving the ball at will in the first half, but our defense tightened up in the red zone (mostly). After that our defense really clamped down on Pitt and it became a scrap for every yard for both teams. Kendricks had a costly drop on a deep pass that could have given us the go-ahead, and Joyner dropped an interception late in the game (thrown by Vick) that could have given us great field position and the opportunity to tie or win. So, just like last week, two plays were the deciding factor.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Barron stumbled into his lower left leg and tweaked his knee (or high ankle - not sure yet).

The game was the Steelers moving the ball at will in the first half, but our defense tightened up in the red zone (mostly). After that our defense really clamped down on Pitt and it became a scrap for every yard for both teams. Kendricks had a costly drop on a deep pass that could have given us the go-ahead, and Joyner dropped an interception late in the game (thrown by Vick) that could have given us great field position and the opportunity to tie or win. So, just like last week, two plays were the deciding factor.
Any injuries and how did Gurley look?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Gurley looked kinda pedestrian. Not many giant holes for him to run through, but he kept chugging ahead and didn't look overwhelmed for his first start.
No injuries to the Rams that I know of. Britt did tweak his leg earlier, but ended up back on the field a couple of plays later.

SierraRam

Recreational User

It started off promising. The attention given to Gurley opened up the field for Tavon to make a couple of decent gains. Unfortunately, our run blocking is poor at best. The only thing on offense that was working was the play-action pass. And that's going to end if we don't start running the ball...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still think Foles looked pretty good all things considered. Other than Britt and Tavon there was no help.
Why isn't Tre Mason targeted more in the passing game?

RamWoodie

Legend
The game was lost in "crunch time"! I'm screaming to get the TEs involved and both made critical drops. Add to that dumb penalties, and I have no idea why you throw that deep pass that's intercepted giving the ball right back to the Steelers late in the 4th when the mindset should be to go on a long drive.

Perhaps I made to much of the Seahawk win in week one...OR...the Rams have forgotten how they played to win that game????

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Why is Kendricks so involved with the offense today? This coaching staff whats to outsmart the other guys instead of building a base and making routine plays. Kendricks has never had good hands and showed it again today. Cook had a crappy attitude and it showed too. Good effort by the defense, nice to see Gurley in the game but he didn't show anything to make me think he is special.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Good summary. Just like to add that several times, we decided to go two to three yards short, on make-able 3rd downs, during drives, and had a few costly drops. Frustrating for me to watch us draw up plays designed to get two yards, and for us to execute, and get two yards.

I thought we should have gone for the long field goal on the drive, where Hekker kicked it through the end zone. We would have only been down by a field goal, had we made it, with tons of time left, and our defense was playing pretty good at that point.

Some people are all over the offensive line, but there were more people to block, than we had bodies to block them. IMO, we should have passed the ball more.

Tough loss, but we were in the game.

jjab360

Legend
I still think Foles looked pretty good all things considered. Other than Britt and Tavon there was no help.
Why isn't Tre Mason targeted more in the passing game?
Outside of that one pass, he looked pretty much as solid as he did against Seattle. Kendricks catches that TD and it's the same type of game for him. Just couldn't convert 3rd downs and that's not all on him..

Hopefully Washington was the anomaly.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Game should have never even come down to the refs and a 4th and short.
You are playing AT HOME (sort of) and their starting QB is out. Your DEF held their high powered O to just 12 points. ANd you have plenty of chances to get some points. Yet, you can't get jack shit accomplished. GTFO, Fisher... and take your ex-Titans fuckups with you

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No I'm bitching about people putting down players and calling this franchise pathetic i don't see how anyone can say that is OK
It's called the vent thread for a reason. If you don't want to see the negative feed back here's some advice. Don't come in to this thread.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Should we ban everyone who complains?

ryXuWUk.jpg

It's called the vent thread for a reason. If you don't want to see the negative feed back here's some advice. Don't come in to this thread.

This isn't the vent thread. It's the game day thread. Although reading through some of these posts I can see how that might become confusing to some.