PREGAME Steelers at Rams Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvnhRd2zj1U

Yup I agree Stafford's arm talent is crazy good. That is exactly why I think they want Penix because if you look at his long passes he throws it equally well. He's a fit for McVay's offense simply because of his arm talent and how he plays the game. Penix has 4.6 speed but doesn't run unless he has no option. He's a pure pocket passer. Protect Stafford and he will tear apart any secondary. Penix is exactly the same. The first game I watched of UW with Penix as a QB and was shocked at the similarities between Penix and Stafford.

If by some miracle they can get Penix, McVay won't have to change a thing. That is why I'm really afraid if Seattle or SF somehow get him and the Rams have to face him twice each season for years.

I have to disagree - Penix throwing motion is really going to hamper him in the NFL (unless they can fix that).

Tano

Legend
Thats a CBS game, not a lot to choose from. Would you rather:
Buffalo V NE- yuck
Wash v Giants- lol
Browns v Colts- backup QB fest
GB v Denver- Payton figure out how to lose
At least the renters vs the Swifties will be a good game
But but but - they will be showing Taylor Swift all the fucking game long

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But but but - they will be showing Taylor Swift all the fucking game long
They should do like the "Manning cast".
Show the game on 1 channel with no mention of TS, just football. And on the "Manning cast" channel they can be all up in Taylor's face with no regard for the game. Lol

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I have to disagree - Penix throwing motion is really going to hamper him in the NFL (unless they can fix that).
The S is right above the X on a keyboard. Hit the wrong key and his name comes out totally different.

RamWoodie

Legend
The Tomlinson record as HC of the Steelers shows his team's get better as season goes on. The Steelers Forte has been they play physical on defense. The Ram O'Line has to meet the challenge and protect Stafford...while McVay has to get it in his head to get the ball out quick, shortening up pass routes...HE NEEDS TO DO THAT!!!

The Rams can win this game if McVay call a good one.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Stafford "Throwing the ball better than any human on planet earth" is a little over the top.

83 QB rating and 6 TD to 5 interceptions. He's had numerous misses and inconsistencies.

But yes, Stafford makes some incredible throws at times, throws that a good amount of QB's can't make.

And fortunately for us, he leveled up his play in our '21 Super Bowl run.

There is so much to consider when evaluating a QB, surrounding talent, schedule, coaching etc.

Overall, I think Stafford has been pretty good this year and especially with Kupp out.

I love his toughness and aggressive, push the ball down the field mentality, and his big game poise.

Stafford actually has been throwing the ball better than any human on the planet at times.

He’s been the unluckiest qb in the nfl so far. He actually has more ints than he does int worthy throws.

He has the 3rd fewest turnover worthy plays out of all qbs and one of the highest average depth of targets in the league so he’s not just dumping the ball off.

RamWoodie

Legend
I'M JUST GONNA SAY IT:

I WORRY ABOUT THIS GAME FOR ONE REASON...McVAY.

I he doesn't keep balance but persist in trying to be "explosive" in the pass game, he plays right into the Steelers hands!!!

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I think we're all about to get a wakeup call on how bad the Steelers actually are. I wouldn't underestimate them but they are bad bad team. My only worry is the Rams at times play down or up to their competition. McVay needs to scheme like they are the better team and impose their will. Kind of like they did against the Cards in the 2nd half.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pickett is the kind of QB that gives us fits. Been underperforming, but will take the short stuff and although he hasnt used his feet much this year, he can move little bit

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I would like to see the Rams try to establish the run game then hit Tutu deep.

oldnotdead

Legend
If the Rams can establish a balanced offense it will allow the Rams to play their normal offense. I don't see the Steelers being able to outscore the Rams. Their offense is a big question mark. Take away Pickett's passes within 10 yds and he will hold the ball too long. Cut Donald and Young loose and get Mathis to close the back door.

The Rams have to play aggressively on defense and they can shut the Steeler offense down. C'mon Morris don't give them time and room to operate, i.e. don't sit back in your uber soft zone.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I would like to add one more thing to the worry list we have going. Morris has been pretty good most the time about being aggressive this year, but if he slides back to his old habits Picket will get comfortable and make this a tougher game than it needs to be.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
interesting watch

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCPx4hpM-u4

Tomlin 6-0 coming out of his last 6 byes and overall has a great record in byes.

Tomlin is the best coach as an underdog against the spread over the last 20-25 years. I think there are a lot of historical trends pointing towards Pittsburgh playing really well on Sunday….but that offense, man…whew, I dunno. I know they are 3-2 but they could easily be 1-4. The Ravens vomited on themselves in the 2H and blew a game where they were the much better team for 97% of it. And they probably lose to the Browns if Nick Chubb doesn’t get hurt. He had 65 yards rushing in the first quarter and was in line to have a monster game. Now Friermouth is out. My only concern is McVay abandoning the run and thus giving JJ Watt way too many chances to kill Stafford.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This will be a tough, physical game. We could pull away if the pass pro is good. But chances are it'll be tight.

We are a team that doesn't have a lot of room for error. So not gonna get too cocky here though I do think this is one we should win.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
We have a Predict The Score contest for each game; I propose a new weekly challenge:

Predict When We Finally Stop A Third Down.