PREGAME Steelers at Rams Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ve just had an email from Rams marketing about getting tickets. Obviously that’s a no go for me as much as I’d love to be there but what strikes me is its basically a 50/50 email. Pics of Donald and Watt and something about both teams trying to get to 4 wins. Fuck that Rams to 4 wins only. Have they given up trying to get fans into the stadium so just panda to both now? Maybe I’m overreacting but this is poor if you ask me. Rams marketing out!

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I’ve just had an email from Rams marketing about getting tickets. Obviously that’s a no go for me as much as I’d love to be there but what strikes me is its basically a 50/50 email. Pics of Donald and Watt and something about both teams trying to get to 4 wins. Fuck that Rams to 4 wins only. Have they given up trying to get fans into the stadium so just panda to both now? Maybe I’m overreacting but this is poor if you ask me. Rams marketing out!
Their marketing has been terrible since they returned to CA. Myself and another friend got in the 2016 lottery. He called in 5 minutes to the lottery after I did, he got better seats.

Went to the SF game last year, had an issue with Ticketmaster pulling one of the tickets from my cell e-wallet. Delayed my gate entry by 30 minutes and missed the first quarter. Asked Ticketmaster to waive their fees. Nothing. Asked a Rams marketing manager to assist me with Ticketmaster. He wouldn’t help, but tried to upsell me to buy more tix. Had to notify the CA Atty General to finally get a refund on the Ticketmaster fees.

And they wonder why fans think twice about attending games!

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I know this isn’t the official pick the score thread, but I’m calling dibs on Rams 31, Steelers 19.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Their marketing has been terrible since they returned to CA. Myself and another friend got in the 2016 lottery. He called in 5 minutes to the lottery after I did, he got better seats.

Went to the SF game last year, had an issue with Ticketmaster pulling one of the tickets from my cell e-wallet. Delayed my gate entry by 30 minutes and missed the first quarter. Asked Ticketmaster to waive their fees. Nothing. Asked a Rams marketing manager to assist me with Ticketmaster. He wouldn’t help, but tried to upsell me to buy more tix. Had to notify the CA Atty General to finally get a refund on the Ticketmaster fees.

And they wonder why fans think twice about attending games!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am in the little red area where I get Detroit vs Baltimore - boo - how come they are the 4:00 game? They should be 1 PM
They are playing at 1:00 PM, local time.....

Tano

Legend
They are playing at 1:00 PM, local time.....
Okay I looked up the entire broadcast map and I am getting the Taylor Swift effect

Almost everybody's game of the week is Kansas City against LA Chargers

barf

I repeat myself...

The Princess Bride Boo GIF by filmeditor

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
As long as they don't let TJ Watt wreck the game and we run the ball like we did yesterday we should be fine. Let Dotson do some road grading to show them what they are missing. Kenny Pickett sucks so I'll be disappointed if we let him get comfortable.

TJ Watt and Alex Highsmith.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Almost everybody's game of the week is Kansas City against LA Chargers
Thats a CBS game, not a lot to choose from. Would you rather:
Buffalo V NE- yuck
Wash v Giants- lol
Browns v Colts- backup QB fest
GB v Denver- Payton figure out how to lose
At least the renters vs the Swifties will be a good game

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Well, if Watt has a heel injury it could take something away from his pass rushing ability.

BC Ramfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
BC Ramfan
TJ Watt and Alex Highsmith.
IMO they're the major Steeler strength.
My game plan:
• Chip TJ with Higgs. If Highsmith becomes a problem, chip him with Puka. Hopefully McV has some pass plays that incorporate chips with shorter patterns. Gotta protect Staff.
• Run Freeman early to soften them up. Don't be afraid to go 2 TEs.
• Give Evans chances once the Steelers are tired. Warn him about Steelers proclivity for stripping the ball. We have a very good chance if no fumbles.
• If the Steelers load the box, let Matt do his thing. Send Tutu deep often.
• Play the same D as last week. Some blitzing/twists.

Fingers crossed!

BC

TexasRam

Legend

Stafford "Throwing the ball better than any human on planet earth" is a little over the top.

83 QB rating and 6 TD to 5 interceptions. He's had numerous misses and inconsistencies.

But yes, Stafford makes some incredible throws at times, throws that a good amount of QB's can't make.

And fortunately for us, he leveled up his play in our '21 Super Bowl run.

There is so much to consider when evaluating a QB, surrounding talent, schedule, coaching etc.

Overall, I think Stafford has been pretty good this year and especially with Kupp out.

I love his toughness and aggressive, push the ball down the field mentality, and his big game poise.

oldnotdead

Legend

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvnhRd2zj1U

Yup I agree Stafford's arm talent is crazy good. That is exactly why I think they want Penix because if you look at his long passes he throws it equally well. He's a fit for McVay's offense simply because of his arm talent and how he plays the game. Penix has 4.6 speed but doesn't run unless he has no option. He's a pure pocket passer. Protect Stafford and he will tear apart any secondary. Penix is exactly the same. The first game I watched of UW with Penix as a QB and was shocked at the similarities between Penix and Stafford.

If by some miracle they can get Penix, McVay won't have to change a thing. That is why I'm really afraid if Seattle or SF somehow get him and the Rams have to face him twice each season for years.