Stedman Bailey

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
The way I see it, is Studman was kept on this earth for a reason. He has been given a 2nd chance/life to do as he wishes, if he wants to play in the NFL and a DR. does clear him. He is going in knowing full well how violent the game is at the NFL level, and if he feels that his love for the game is worth the risk of a potentialy serious debilatating or even fatal injury could come as the result of him playing. I would support him in a return if he was doing for the love of the game, not because he thinks he needs the money.

I have known many people that got a 2nd chance at life and chose to do much worse than pursue their dream.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
At some point you have to tell your kids they can't grow up and become a unicorn.

I'm not so sure of that, with the implants some people are sporting. I wouldnt be surprised to see someone try 1 big horn in the middle of their forehead.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I am no expert on brain trauma or how CTE would be more of a risk with some than others. All I know is that it seems that Sted wants this as much as he wants life itself. We all know he can play the game but I'm sure we also are concerned for his health. But we all do and have done stuff that we know is dangerous and even potentially fatal. There are obviously more risks with playing football than most of us take on but if someone told me I couldn't go skiing or sky diving or scuba diving or mountain biking or carting or any number of hobbies, I'd just move on. Clearly football means more to Sted than those sports mean to me. He is too young to want to carry a headset when he feels he should be on the field. Go for it Sted. I hope you realize your dreams.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In a league where you’re done for the day or you take a helmet to helmet hit and a little woozy .... and having to sit a week unless you pass the protocol there’s no way I see themselves letting a man who took a bullet (or was it two ) to the head play this game

Unless he and his family sign a waiver of some kind exonerating the NFL of any and all liability

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
At some point you have to tell your kids they can't grow up and become a unicorn.
And I'm sure at some point, this guy's parents told him he couldn't grow up to be a snake. Bet they feel foolish now.:confused:
images

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
More like this, but with only 1 horn. As this is a obviously a polycorn.

View attachment 23031

This is a guy who's NEVER going to fly...EVER.

I mean, can you imagine the looks on the TSA agents' faces if that dood walked up to security like that???

He'd be maced, tased and beaten before he could take his shoes off...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t-three-years-after-getting-shot-in-the-head/

Stedman Bailey does a Pro Day workout, three years after getting shot in the head
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 8, 2018

460110146-e1520518515498.jpg

Getty Images

In 2015, Rams receiver Stedman Bailey was shot in the head. It nearly ended his life, and certainly ended his football career — or so everyone thought at the time.

In 2018, Bailey is doing so well that he wants to get back in the NFL. Toward that end, he worked out at Marshall’s Pro Day on Wednesday, hoping some NFL scout would like what he sees enough to offer him a contract.

“I know a lot of teams probably remember me and what type of player I was at the time,” Bailey told the Huntington Herald-Dispatch. “I’m trying to prove that I am still that guy and probably even better. It’s all about proving it and capitalizing on the opportunities that are given to me.”

Bailey said he had surgery to put a plate in his skull and thinks that has strengthened his head so much that he’s probably less susceptible to suffering a brain injury on the field now than he was before he was shot.

After spending time working with the coaching staffs of both the Rams and his alma mater, West Virginia, Bailey believes he hasn’t lost anything mentally, and he says he’s in great shape physically. Now the 27-year-old just wants some team to give him a chance to finish his career on his own terms.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
While I question his sensibility about playing in the NFL again after so serious an injury, if that's what he wants, more power to him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd give the dude a shot, bring him in on a minimum wage contract with incentives if he makes the roster.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t-three-years-after-getting-shot-in-the-head/

Stedman Bailey does a Pro Day workout, three years after getting shot in the head
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 8, 2018

460110146-e1520518515498.jpg

Getty Images

In 2015, Rams receiver Stedman Bailey was shot in the head. It nearly ended his life, and certainly ended his football career — or so everyone thought at the time.

In 2018, Bailey is doing so well that he wants to get back in the NFL. Toward that end, he worked out at Marshall’s Pro Day on Wednesday, hoping some NFL scout would like what he sees enough to offer him a contract.

“I know a lot of teams probably remember me and what type of player I was at the time,” Bailey told the Huntington Herald-Dispatch. “I’m trying to prove that I am still that guy and probably even better. It’s all about proving it and capitalizing on the opportunities that are given to me.”

Bailey said he had surgery to put a plate in his skull and thinks that has strengthened his head so much that he’s probably less susceptible to suffering a brain injury on the field now than he was before he was shot.

After spending time working with the coaching staffs of both the Rams and his alma mater, West Virginia, Bailey believes he hasn’t lost anything mentally, and he says he’s in great shape physically. Now the 27-year-old just wants some team to give him a chance to finish his career on his own terms.
Hope he makes it. It's pretty hard for me not to appreciate his love of the game.