Stan Kroenke...Please step up & demand NFL front office accountability

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
How about all the owners should be forced to read this new Spygate book and see how they feel about being cheated out of countless games and Super Bowls. And if the NFL's popularity takes a dive always being plastered on the news then these owners lose money. Why would they want that??

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
ALTHOUGH I AGREE WITH YOU (wanted to shout that )

Personally I'm tired of people demanding other people be fired,it's a national obsession and often times done out of desire to silence those they disagree with over trumped up BS charges while the same people tolerate far worse behavior from their allies.

I just wanted to say that.

I think that Goodell will be allowed to resign, he's too deep into where the skeletons are buried to be thrown under the bus ,he'll be given the chance to crawl away.
Wow. Thats a heavy last sentence. Stephen Kingesque.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Stan said he'd be right over and share all of his thoughts w/ you.....but in the meanwhile he said he would send over a couple of gals to keep you entertained...any preferences? He suggested Upton or Lawrence and look at pictures w/ them....maybe take some of your own shots. And they are coming over in a full beer truck. Just for your own personal party.....

Just let them know what time you are expecting them......(y);)

Irish

Starter
I don't expect Stan to ever insert himself into anything he doesn't care about/doesn't directly impact his bottom line.

Having said that, it is getting tiresome that every time something happens, its the Rooneys and the Krafts and the Jones who are speaking on behalf of the league as if they are the leaders of the NFL. They are too close to Goodell. Period.

The owners should remove themselves from this situation until it is resolved by an independent committee. If you really want your interests represented, go to the NBA or MLB and have their front offices head the investigation. The NFL as a whole has gone too long without any meaningful oversight, and it has led to, if anything, rampant negligence in matters that quite frankly they are not equipped to handle.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, Goodell should go. Even if just a ceremonial change it would be good pr for the league. However, it would be more than ceremonial - it would send a message to his replacement that sweeping things under the rug that can explode later is not going to be allowed.

I agree he knows too many things to be dumped in too bad a fashion. I think the owners know about Spygate - but something that would impugn the legitimacy of the Super Bowl would cost all the owners too much money to allow. That's why the punishment for the Patriots was severe for what they officially did, but nowhere near severe enough for what they actually did. Too much would have made it obvious that the Super Bowl was won by cheating.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I don't expect Stan to ever insert himself into anything he doesn't care about/doesn't directly impact his bottom line.

Having said that, it is getting tiresome that every time something happens, its the Rooneys and the Krafts and the Jones who are speaking on behalf of the league as if they are the leaders of the NFL. .
I don't expect him to go public ,but IMO he's a far cry from your stated image of him,I view him as just the kind of owner every coach wants to work for, not a camera whore like Jones ,in time I think his style will prove out and the bottom line image will be shown to be more the imagination of his unjust detractors.
The man has a daughter ( Katie) can't imagine he's unconcerned with men beating women

Irish

Starter
I don't expect him to go public ,but IMO he's a far cry from your stated image of him,I view him as just the kind of owner every coach wants to work for, not a camera whore like Jones ,in time I think his style will prove out and the bottom line image will be shown to be more the imagination of his unjust detractors.
The man has a daughter ( Katie) can't imagine he's unconcerned with men beating women
I don't think I portray Stan one way or another, I just think he chooses to not insert himself in matters like these that aren't directly related to him or his business holdings. I personally don't care if he does get involved, I am just sick of Rooney and Kraft serving as the de facto representatives of the NFL ownership whenever something happens, whether it includes them or not.

BadCompany

Rookie
She was knocked out in an elevator. Pretty easy to do the math on that one given the reports. How anyone was shocked by watching it is beyond me.

That's what I don't get. She was knocked out. Did people think it was a light slap? Yeah, a picture says a thousand words, but come on. Knocked out and dragged out of an elevator. I think it was pretty clear from that description alone that he walloped her good.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I don't think I portray Stan one way or another, I just think he chooses to not insert himself in matters like these that aren't directly related to him or his business holdings. I personally don't care if he does get involved, I am just sick of Rooney and Kraft serving as the de facto representatives of the NFL ownership whenever something happens, whether it includes them or not.
And you said he didn't "care" you don't think that's a "portrayal" and BTW the leagues image is intrinsic to his business interest in the league
If I may I'd like to add this ,Stan IMO is acutely aware of the image guys like Jones have ,I think he prefers to eschew that sort of image and therein lie the ethos of Silent Stan, indee he may share your perception of him and some others ,but he didn;t become what he is by not engaging problems he just doesn't need a cloud of dust and a pack of reporters to giterdun

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
ALTHOUGH I AGREE WITH YOU (wanted to shout that )

Personally I'm tired of people demanding other people be fired,it's a national obsession and often times done out of desire to silence those they disagree with over trumped up BS charges while the same people tolerate far worse behavior from their allies.

I just wanted to say that.

I think that Goodell will be allowed to resign, he's too deep into where the skeletons are buried to be thrown under the bus ,he'll be given the chance to crawl away.

I agree. Far too often, the knee jerk reaction is to fire people which doesn't give people, the people around them or the organizations a chance at redemption because folks are only concerned about profits in the next five minutes.

However, when longstanding behaviors or multiple instances create a significant inability to execute the duties of one office, he has to go. Roger Goodell has demonstrated on a multitude of instances that he is simply not capable of leading the NFL. Rather than being a leader on CTE, he tried to manage the issue as a corporate labor lawyer... and in doing so ended up writing a 65 year blank check from the NFL. All those years of denial stifled innovation from gear manufacturers because there was no market for their gear. It's only been in the last few years that we've seen innovation and it's been rapid and substantial. Imagine what we'd be seeing if the manufacturers had the incentive to innovate however many years before???

Roger Goodell is only now being forced to deal with HGH testing and marijuana testing...as a result of the outrageous serendipity of the 1 year Josh Gordon ban coupled with the 2 game Ray Rice ban. Did he lead on any of that before? Did he work with the NFLPA about how HGH testing was a health issue and go to the owners and make the case about any of this???

No. Time and again, Roger Goodell has failed leadership test after leadership test which has allowed unnecessary physical injury, allowed cheating to go unpunished (Spygate allowed a cheating team to be hugely successful for 6 years including an 18-1 season), allowed a bounty system to take root, caused unnecessary labor tensions and a host of other issues.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
No one should feel sorry for CEO's when they get fired or step down. They're all sitting on another company CEO's board of chairmen already.
Not saying anyone here feels that way, just needed to put that out there.

Philly5

Rookie
Kroenke say something?:censored:

NFL in full cover up mode. 'Under investigation'. Internally. Will declare Goodell innocent once the fire dies down. $ponser$ are only thing that could make a difference.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
No one should feel sorry for CEO's when they get fired or step down. They're all sitting on another company CEO's board of chairmen already.
Not saying anyone here feels that way, just needed to put that out there.
IMO every situation needs to be evaluated on it's own merits Mojo ,never been one to accept that sort of global indictment,to me it's dehumanizing and FWIW every human deserves to be seen as equals in that sort of consideration regardless their economic station

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I can think of several people, including the Police department, who should be called to the carpet here but I really have zero expectation that Stan owes anything in a public way.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
IMO every situation needs to be evaluated on it's own merits Mojo ,never been one to accept that sort of global indictment,to me it's dehumanizing and FWIW every human deserves to be seen as equals in that sort of consideration regardless their economic station
I would have agreed with you before 2008.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I would have agreed with you before 2008.
What happened in 2008? The financial meltdown? Still a case by case basis, FWIW it's more about me than them ,I refuse to allow myself the intellectual laziness of stereotyping based on agendas ,I don't for example subscribe to the a man can never hit a woman meme, men have the right to self defense same as a woman and 40% of all spousal homicide cases are filed against women ,but ya can't hit em in self defense ? I ain't buyin that ,case by case,I agree that gratuitous violence against women is an abomination and needs to be addressed as the disease it is,but when you go too far you hurt the cause and credibility .

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
2008. Best year ever to become CEO of a corporation.
Cut cut cut cut cut because you're expected to...and keep on cutting long after you don't have to anymore because you can get even richer and blame it on the slow economy for years until you decide to cash in that golden parachute.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
2008. Best year ever to become CEO of a corporation.
Cut cut cut cut cut because you're expected to...and keep on cutting long after you don't have to anymore because you can get even richer and blame it on the slow economy for years until you decide to cash in that golden parachute.

some of us on this board work in a CEO capacity - FYI
my wife is a CEO for an organic and all natural cosmetic brand - I don't see any of what you are saying above applying to her
being more specific as to which CEO's you are talking about instead of blanket condemnations would help clarify your stance a little better

dhaab

Rookie
This thread is hilarious. Do you folks who so desperately want Roger Goodell gone as commish of the NFL honestly believe that will change ANYTHING? Goodell is just a mouthpiece for the 1% owners who control every single thing he does. What about that do you not understand??