Stacy or Trent Richardson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
X said:
The Rammer said:
X said:
The Rammer said:
Pead has been given a fair shot.
Not really. He's been used in spot duty and never had a chance to start. There are many theories as to why that is, and it's premature to speculate on what those reasons may be. Maybe he is a bust. Who knows. But he certainly hasn't been given a fair shot yet. "Fair" would be giving him 30+ touches and seeing what he can do throughout the course of a game.
And IMO 'Fair' of 30+ touches a game could lead us to a loss. [hilite]I don't think Fischer is willing to bet a game on being 'fair'.[/hilite] Pead had opportunities in pre season and offseason both years. Apparently, his consistent drop on the depth chart both years is evidence he can't run with the little responsibility they have given him.
Well sure, but that's a different argument. What you or I constitute as a fair chance is different I guess.
Either way, as I said once before, I'd like to see him get those 30 touches -- just to *see*.

Yeah I hear you man. I couldn't say I wouldn't be interested to see the results of that. Who knows stranger things have happened. Stacy, Cunnigham, and DR might be all hurt or banged up and he might have to go. Would be interesting to say the least. Praying it would be against a lesser team though! lol

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Rammer said:
X said:
The Rammer said:
X said:
The Rammer said:
Not really. He's been used in spot duty and never had a chance to start. There are many theories as to why that is, and it's premature to speculate on what those reasons may be. Maybe he is a bust. Who knows. But he certainly hasn't been given a fair shot yet. "Fair" would be giving him 30+ touches and seeing what he can do throughout the course of a game.
And IMO 'Fair' of 30+ touches a game could lead us to a loss. [hilite]I don't think Fischer is willing to bet a game on being 'fair'.[/hilite] Pead had opportunities in pre season and offseason both years. Apparently, his consistent drop on the depth chart both years is evidence he can't run with the little responsibility they have given him.
Well sure, but that's a different argument. What you or I constitute as a fair chance is different I guess.
Either way, as I said once before, I'd like to see him get those 30 touches -- just to *see*.

Yeah I hear you man. I couldn't say I wouldn't be interested to see the results of that. Who knows stranger things have happened. Stacy, Cunnigham, and DR might be all hurt or banged up and he might have to go. Would be interesting to say the least. Praying it would be against a lesser team though! lol
It's weird for sure. But yeah, I don't care who it's against. My curiosity is just piqued. I have a strong feeling that if he got into some kind of groove or rhythm, he might break one or two and start to roll. As disappointing as he's been so far in his "career" here, he's the only RB on this team who has that combination of speed, power and elusiveness. In all honesty, I think his confidence is just shot. That's the one thing that's difficult to scout in a player. His mental fortitude.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
X said:
The Rammer said:
X said:
The Rammer said:
X said:
The Rammer said:

It's weird for sure. But yeah, I don't care who it's against. My curiosity is just piqued. I have a strong feeling that if he got into some kind of groove or rhythm, he might break one or two and start to roll. As disappointing as he's been so far in his "career" here, he's the only RB on this team who has that combination of speed, power and elusiveness. In all honesty, I think his confidence is just shot. That's the one thing that's difficult to scout in a player. His mental fortitude.
I couldn't have said any of that better. No questions ee has the best combo of attributes it's just his head and that's why I have lost faith in him since he has no faith in himself.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:

I disagree. I think you're not putting enough weight in the most important things. Yes, speed is important. Power and elusiveness are important. But the most important things of all are vision/patience, ball security, pad level, leg drive, balance and decisiveness. Aside from balance, I think Pead is majorly lacking in those categories.

He just hasn't show any of them at the NFL level. Stacy is doing it. That all said, give Richardson a break. The guy's foot is hurt. Turf toe is a BADDDDDDDDDDDDDD injury for HBs. Look at Marshall Faulk in 1996. That was due to a bad case of turf toe.

Let Richardson recover. And give Tavon Austin and/or Pead his CoP duties.

Pead is easily the best receiving HB on the team...but as a runner, he hasn't shown me much thus far. And he keeps putting himself in the doghouse.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
jrry32 said:
X said:

I disagree. I think you're not putting enough weight in the most important things. Yes, speed is important. Power and elusiveness are important. But the most important things of all are vision/patience, ball security, pad level, leg drive, balance and decisiveness. Aside from balance, I think Pead is majorly lacking in those categories.

He just hasn't show any of them at the NFL level. Stacy is doing it. That all said, give Richardson a break. The guy's foot is hurt. Turf toe is a BADDDDDDDDDDDDDD injury for HBs. Look at Marshall Faulk in 1996. That was due to a bad case of turf toe.

Pead is easily the best receiving HB on the team...but as a runner, he hasn't shown me much thus far. And he keeps putting himself in the doghouse.

That sums it up well for me. But while I agree that DRich deserves slack for the bad toe, I've never seen him more than a platoon RB. They need to draft a RB or 2 next year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
X said:

Well, I was condensing the attributes, Jerr. I thought he had tremendous vision at Cincy, and his balance and decisiveness were never a question there either. Ball security is at the moment. Watched a ton of video on him and was really excited to see him transition to the NFL. You're right that he hasn't done it at this level yet, but really he's only had 17 attempts. You're ready to close the book on him after 17 attempts? I'm not. For whatever reason, he's not getting the opportunity. Probably his own doing. But that doesn't diminish my desire to see him get in there and play a full 4 quarters and get 30 touches. I stand by my opinion that this kid needs to get in a groove, and you can't do that in spot duty.

Fisher's call though. He knows more than any of us for sure.