Stacy or Trent Richardson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Trent Richardson. Don't why his production gets downplayed.

Zac Stacy has been a good find though, I'm just hoping it's not a 2 game "hey look we found the guy" and then come January..."we need a legit RB."

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Angry Ram said:

Zac Stacy has been a good find though, I'm just hoping it's not a 2 game "hey look we found the guy" and then come January..."we need a legit RB."

His production doesn't get downplayed. He's been a 3 yds/carry back.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
jrry32 said:
max said:
How much better would the Rams look if they drafted Sheldon Richardson instead of Tavon?

If the Rams stayed at 16, Richardson or Star probably would have slid to them.

That seems like wishful thinking to me.

And the Rams made the right move with Tavon. That'll be proven in the end.

Patience is a virtue.

Not sure what you mean by wishful thinking. I don't think it's wishful to think that one of those DT could have been available for the Rams to pick. If the Rams could get Tavon, they could have easily gotten one of those guys if they wanted them.

But, no doubt, patience is a virtue, and Tavon could very well turn out to be the right move in the end. Or not. TIme will tell.

TexasRam

Legend
It's looking good for Stacy yes.

But way way to early to say anything about Stacy or Tavon.

Both are rookies. We've only played 6 games.

Both may be busts. Both may be stars.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
max said:
jrry32 said:
max said:
How much better would the Rams look if they drafted Sheldon Richardson instead of Tavon?

Patience is a virtue.

Not sure what you mean by wishful thinking. I don't think it's wishful to think that one of those DT could have been available for the Rams to pick. If the Rams could get Tavon, they could have easily gotten one of those guys if they wanted them.

But, no doubt, patience is a virtue, and Tavon could very well turn out to be the right move in the end. Or not. TIme will tell.

Both of those DTs went before Pick #16.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
TexasRam said:

^ This.

I am impressed with Stacy. I've liked him since the day we drafted him. But; he's got a long way to go to be proven in this league.

That said; I'm taking Stacy and keeping picks over Trent Richardson. In addition, I'm not a fan of running backs early in the draft... particularly the 1st round for four reasons:

1) Short shelf life for the position

2) High bust ratio

3) Gems are found outside of the 1st more than any other position

4) It's the end of the bell-cow era. This is a passing league. Multiple backs are needed these days.

No need to invest high picks in running backs any more.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
CGI_Ram said:
^ This.

I am impressed with Stacy. I've liked him since the day we drafted him. But; he's got a long way to go to be proven in this league.

That said; I'm taking Stacy and keeping picks over Trent Richardson. In addition, I'm not a fan of running backs early in the draft... particularly the 1st round for four reasons:

2) High bust ratio

4) It's the end of the bell-cow era. This is a passing league. Multiple backs are needed these days.

Ehhhhhhhh.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not a big Trent guy. I like what I've seen out of Stacy - pleasantly surprised. I think his running style is perfect for running up the gut.

I'm still a little perplexed as to why they keep trying to use DR as an interchangeable back to Stacy. Stacy runs like a bowling ball and looks about as hard to grab. DR needs some space to use his quicks. I just don't get it.

I personally am not interested in using a first round pick on a RB unless he has ED or AP stamped on his forehead.

iced

CGI_Ram said:
TexasRam said:

^ This.

2) High bust ratio

nooooooooooooooooo..............i don't think so...i believe it's kind of typically been one of those safer positions...

not sure how many outside of the 1st - there are a few in the 2nd (lesean mccoy), Jamaal Charles was 3rd... But then there are the AP types..

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
jrry32 said:
max said:

Patience is a virtue.

I think Snead says it right when he says don't be afraid. He is aggressive and sometimes will miss but it won't be because he didn't swing.

It's six effing games and people need to slow down win the Chicken Little stuff lol.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I need more than two games before I can come to the conclusion of who is the best RB for the Rams.

Stacy looked good for 2 games.

DR has looked good too but to be fair he's gimpy right now.

The biggest question I have about the Ram RB's is why is Pead on the team? I don't think he's been given a fair chance. The dude has had less than 20 carries in the NFL.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
VCRam said:
The biggest question I have about the Ram RB's is why is Pead on the team? I don't think he's been given a fair chance. The dude has had less than 20 carries in the NFL.
Saving him for the playoffs. :nau:

Angry Ram

max said:
Angry Ram said:

I fuckin hate that stat.

I'll take his 12 TDs all day over some stat that gets skewed off long runs.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Angry Ram said:
max said:
Angry Ram said:

I fuckin hate that stat.

The reason he got 12 TD's was because in the red zone the Browns didn't pass, they ran. So he got the ball an awful lot. So that stat of his was skewed as hell.

And you never have to worry about him getting his YPC skewed by long runs LOL. :bign:

Angry Ram

LesBaker said:
Angry Ram said:
max said:
Angry Ram said:

I fuckin hate that stat.

The reason he got 12 TD's was because in the red zone the Browns didn't pass, they ran. So he got the ball an awful lot. So that stat of his was skewed as hell.

And you never have to worry about him getting his YPC skewed by long runs LOL. :bign:

So what? Any stat that has average gets skewed, except for overall production. That's what I care about.

There's no way in hell you can say by looking at a yards per carry/catch/pass/whatever says that he gets that amount each time. It just doesn't happen.

Averages. One stat I hate right after QBR and QB rating.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
X said:
VCRam said:
Saving him for the playoffs. :nau:
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...... Pead has been given a fair shot. DR played over him and now Stacy. This isn't a coincidence IMO.

btw Stacy hands down! He can do the same job as Trent with giving up a first round impact player! :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Rammer said:
Pead has been given a fair shot.
Not really. He's been used in spot duty and never had a chance to start. There are many theories as to why that is, and it's premature to speculate on what those reasons may be. Maybe he is a bust. Who knows. But he certainly hasn't been given a fair shot yet. "Fair" would be giving him 30+ touches and seeing what he can do throughout the course of a game.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
X said:
The Rammer said:
Not really. He's been used in spot duty and never had a chance to start. There are many theories as to why that is, and it's premature to speculate on what those reasons may be. Maybe he is a bust. Who knows. But he certainly hasn't been given a fair shot yet. "Fair" would be giving him 30+ touches and seeing what he can do throughout the course of a game.
And IMO 'Fair' of 30+ touches a game could lead us to a loss. I don't think Fischer is willing to bet a game on being 'fair'. Pead had opportunities in pre season and offseason both years. Apparently, his consistent drop on the depth chart both years is evidence he can't run with the little responsibility they have given him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Rammer said:
X said:
The Rammer said:
And IMO 'Fair' of 30+ touches a game could lead us to a loss. [hilite]I don't think Fischer is willing to bet a game on being 'fair'.[/hilite] Pead had opportunities in pre season and offseason both years. Apparently, his consistent drop on the depth chart both years is evidence he can't run with the little responsibility they have given him.
Well sure, but that's a different argument. What you or I constitute as a fair chance is different I guess.
Either way, as I said once before, I'd like to see him get those 30 touches -- just to *see*.