Stacy or Trent Richardson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
TRich has looked just ok this year. I think I'd rather have Stacy and keep my first round pick, thank you very much.

Stacy is looking like a great 5th round pick. No need to use first round picks on RBs, especially high first rounders.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Stacy thank you.....no thank you on Richardson. He's barely a JAG.

The Browns fleeced the Colts on that trade, the guy was lousy last year and was being outplayed by his backups this year. When some posters were complaining that Fisher and Snead should have been "smart" and "aggressive" and traded a first rounder for him I laughed. You can get a player like that off of a practice squad.

He and his three yards per attempt can enjoy the millions in Indy, I don't want him anywhere near the Rams roster.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LesBaker said:

The Browns fleeced the Colts on that trade, the guy was lousy last year and was being outplayed by his backups this year. When some posters were complaining that Fisher and Snead should have been "smart" and "aggressive" and traded a first rounder for him I laughed. You can get a player like that off of a practice squad.

He and his three yards per attempt can enjoy the millions in Indy, I don't want him anywhere near the Rams roster.

Les, it was more than just posters. There were a lot of media gurus who were saying the Colts got a great deal.

What it shows is that they are guys with subjective opinions based on judgement that is no better than yours or mine, and usually worse. Now, all I ask of them is just to tell me who is hurt and who is playing.

As my dad used to say many years ago, I don't need those guys to tell me, I can see it with my own eyes.

TRich is an overhyped player. The Browns knew what they were doing.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I prefer the Snead & Fisher approach and say Stacy by a long ways. I will also say that the Rams still do not know what they have at RB yet,

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
BonifayRam said:
I prefer the Snead & Fisher approach and say Stacy by a long ways. I will also say that the Rams still do not know what they have at RB yet,
Stacy will make me a very happy man if he becomes our longterm answer at RB.

It was driving me nuts that we entered the regular season and had not yet figured-out this key puzzle piece.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
If the question is would I rather have Stacy and our first picks or T.Richardson, I'd go with the former. But I think T.Richardson is a much better RB than Stacy.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Considering. The life span in the NFL it's really difficult to see any RB as worth a first end pick unless your team is TRULY a SB team that is missing that and even then a line being a pre-requisite sort of indicates a LOT of guys can produce so I was never in the "why didn't WE bid on TR camp" and still aint

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Stranger said:
BonifayRam said:
Stacy will make me a very happy man if he becomes our longterm answer at RB.

It was driving me nuts that we entered the regular season and had not yet figured-out this key puzzle piece.

It drove a lot of people crazy. Snead had said going into the season that he was most excited about the RBs, so I'm guessing he was very high on Stacy who was his highest investment, trading 2 picks to move up to get him.

Stacy averaged 5.5 yds/carry at Vandy. That's very impressive when you consider he played in the strong SEC. Against Georgia Stacy averaged 6.9 yds/carry. A RB in the NFL who gains over 4 yards every time he touches the ball but doesn't get all the big runs is the most underrated skill player in football. BTW, SJ averaged 4.0 yds/carry from 2010 through 2012, in his time with Bradford.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Man Trich gets lost in pass blocking did you see him get luck blown up last night.
I for one am glad we don't have trich/DRich backfield

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Rabid Ram said:
Man Trich gets lost in pass blocking did you see him get luck blown up last night.
I for one am glad we don't have trich/DRich backfield

Yup. He may get better once he gets more comfortable in the new offense.

Bottom line is, Colts made a mistake with that trade. They need OL help desperately and now they don't have a first rounder to get a stud.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Stacy for sure, cheaper and under the radar. He will never be a "big play" back when it comes to consistently ripping off gashing runs of 15+ yards but he will get his share and he will get plenty of 5 to 10 yard carries that make people say, "Damn, that is one hard-nosed runner that I wouldn't want to try and bring down." As this season wears on, Stacy will wear Ds down like SJ used to do and you watch, very soon, he will start finding the endzone because he truly has the nose for it big time.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
max said:
LesBaker said:

Les, it was more than just posters. There were a lot of media gurus who were saying the Colts got a great deal.

What it shows is that they are guys with subjective opinions based on judgement that is no better than yours or mine, and usually worse. Now, all I ask of them is just to tell me who is hurt and who is playing.

As my dad used to say many years ago, I don't need those guys to tell me, I can see it with my own eyes.

TRich is an overhyped player. The Browns knew what they were doing.

That's true the media jumped on the "Browns are tanking the season" thing and really did stir up some shit.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
So far Zac attack all the way.
TR with the Colts is just a add on part. The Colts would have to redo the O to make him the main focus to get the max return out of him. That's not going to happen as long as Luck is clicking.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Elmgrovegnome said:
It makes you wonder how good Stacy would have looked behind the Alabama Offensive line.

Stacy looked pretty good behind the Vanderbilt University OL in 2012![/quote]

I sure would not have gave up one of our first round picks like the Colts did. Rams need a CB to replace Finnegan & a Swing OT who can play at the moment either Long or Barksdale goes down after Saffold departs. Having Richardson does nothing to assist us in this area.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
BonifayRam said:
Elmgrovegnome said:
It makes you wonder how good Stacy would have looked behind the Alabama Offensive line.

Stacy looked pretty good behind the Vanderbilt University OL in 2012!

I sure would not have gave up one of our first round picks like the Colts did. Rams need a CB to replace Finnegan & a Swing OT who can play at the moment either Long or Barksdale goes down after Saffold departs. Having Richardson does nothing to assist us in this area.[/quote]

I'm thinking a stud DT with one of the first rounders to replace Langford. Langford gets pushed around too much for my taste. He's just a jag at best.

How much better would the Rams look if they drafted Sheldon Richardson instead of Tavon?

If the Rams stayed at 16, Richardson or Star probably would have slid to them.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
So I guess the Rams brass doesn't have to splain?

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Thordaddy said:
So I guess the Rams brass doesn't have to splain?

Not anymore. Actions speak louder than words.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stacy. Wish they would have got him and this new offense involved sooner. But better late than never for the necessary change.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
max said:
How much better would the Rams look if they drafted Sheldon Richardson instead of Tavon?

If the Rams stayed at 16, Richardson or Star probably would have slid to them.

That seems like wishful thinking to me.

And the Rams made the right move with Tavon. That'll be proven in the end.

Patience is a virtue.