St. Louis Rams considering new uniforms

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ryan Van Bibber | Turfshowtimes
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2012/11/16 ... throwbacks

1003_large.0_standard_709.0.jpg

The St. Louis Rams could be in line for some new uniforms in the near future, new old uniforms that is. Team COO Kevin Demoff sat down with Bernie Miklasz on 101 ESPN Friday to discuss a range of issues, and new duds happened to be on the agenda.

Demoff said that the team is leaning toward bringing back the old blue and white uniforms, from the 1960s and early 1970s.

Getting new uniforms isn't as easy as just putting on a new shirt. The league, being ever so conscious about its brand identity, requires a pretty thorough and lengthy process to change uniforms. Demoff said that the Rams would start by instituting those as throwbacks in 2014 and transitioning after that season. Hopefully, the team won't be in Los Angeles too at that point ... which is doubtful.

Update: To be clear, Demoff told TST that the Rams were only considering the new unis, and 2014 would be the earliest the team could start down that path. The classic blue and gold unis are in play for the Rams too.

Above is a shot Roman Gabriel and the Rams in those old unis from the cover of Sports Illustrated in October 1966.

What do you think?

Interview:

[rp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2012/11/11162012120726.mp3[/rp3]

Kevin Demoff - Friday, November 16, 2012 - (Currently Playing)
Rams Chief Operating Officer joins Bernie Miklasz in studio from Noon-1 for an in depth Rams conversation.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What do I think? I think we likely pounded the Whiners that day.

Blue/White or Blue/Yellow - either would be a vast improvement as far as I'm concerned. Just as long as they don't do something stupid and change it to THIS blue.

nfl_colts_576.jpg

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

I gotta say - these were the most intimidating helmets the NFL has EVER had.

nfl_g_molsen4_400.jpg

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Go back to the blue and yellow (see sig) and use the blue and whites as throwbacks. That would be perfect.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Bout time we dropped our current unis. Id be stoked with the blue and white scheme. Anything is better than our "gold".

nittany ram

Rookie
That blue helmet with the white horns is the style the Rams were wearing when I first fell in love with them back in 71. Would be awesome if they returned to that look.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
libertadrocks said:
:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Bout time we dropped our current unis. Id be stoked with the blue and white scheme. Anything is better than our "gold".

Second that.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I feel that a uniform represents an era. The blue and whites remind me of the fearsome foursome. The blue and yellows of the GSOT. The current ones? A lot more "L" than "W"... :sick:

A modern take of the classics would be great if they do it right. Kings did it with their current uniforms, they're a modern take on their Gretzky era jerseys, and the purple/gold as the throwbacks to when they first came into the league. Love how they did it, balances it out really well, hopefully the Rams do something similar.

Either way I can't wait. A new look to bring in a new age of winning. :cheese:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
rams1.jpg

Right here. Just put te horns more normal and not too inward...

IDK about white helmet/blue horns, though.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Nah. I like the current color scheme (I hate the Nike collar). I'm disappointed that they discarded the gold pants. The blue/blue home uniforms I don't care for. I do like the white/white uniforms, but the white/gold and blue/gold at least echoed the old blue/yellow scheme.

Somewhere along the line, the blue of the current throwbacks became much lighter than the blue from the LA days. I've seen handicap parking spots with those colors. Look at pictures of Youngblood (somebody has it in their sig). That's a proper shade of blue.

If they were to update the old blue and whites as new uniforms, I wouldn't mind that. But let's see them as throwbacks first.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Angry Ram said:
rams1.jpg

Right here. Just put te horns more normal and not too inward...

IDK about white helmet/blue horns, though.

Yeah man - Gotta be the white horns. I just can't imagine how blue even works as a horn. Too cute. The horns aren't just a design element. They're fucking HORNS - BIG HORNS to be exact. Blue horns would look like squiglies on a white helmet - or worse yet - Smurf horns. Yikes!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ram Quixote said:
Nah. I like the current color scheme (I hate the Nike collar). I'm disappointed that they discarded the gold pants. The blue/blue home uniforms I don't care for. I do like the white/white uniforms, but the white/gold and blue/gold at least echoed the old blue/yellow scheme.

Somewhere along the line, the blue of the current throwbacks became much lighter than the blue from the LA days. I've seen handicap parking spots with those colors. Look at pictures of Youngblood (somebody has it in their sig). That's a proper shade of blue.

If they were to update the old blue and whites as new uniforms, I wouldn't mind that. But let's see them as throwbacks first.

While I really hate the current color schemes, I agree that it would be good to see the blue/whites as throw backs first. I loved the real blue/yellow but I think they could make a real statement with a modern blue/white. One of my main priorities in this would be to once again, let the horns really show. We're the RAMS. Get the horns out there!

nittany ram

Rookie
Ram Quixote said:
Nah. I like the current color scheme (I hate the Nike collar). I'm disappointed that they discarded the gold pants.

Yep. I like the current color scheme better than the royal blue and canary yellow. And I also prefer the gold pants.

I would like to a see a return to the classic blue and whites though. That would be my preference.

stan

Rookie
Keep the current uniform. Don't fall for the marketing BS. The uniforms are almost as stupid as the changing of hats every year. Just say no.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
418918_276210375813498_1576397510_n.jpg

I think they can be updated. Like, they can put sleek white horns on the shoulder.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
stan said:
Keep the current uniform. Don't fall for the marketing BS. The uniforms are almost as stupid as the changing of hats every year. Just say no.

I'm witcha stan, no new unis till you win a Super Bowl,so the stuff we have now has throwback value.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Thordaddy said:
stan said:

I'm witcha stan, no new unis till you win a Super Bowl,so the stuff we have now has throwback value.

Or maybe the current unis are a curse we need to rid ourselves of.