St. Louis Rams considering new uniforms

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
libertadrocks said:
Thordaddy said:
stan said:
Keep the current uniform. Don't fall for the marketing BS. The uniforms are almost as stupid as the changing of hats every year. Just say no.

I'm witcha stan, no new unis till you win a Super Bowl,so the stuff we have now has throwback value.

Or maybe the current unis are a curse we need to rid ourselves of.
They've got more playoff appearances than most and BEEN to the show.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Thordaddy said:
libertadrocks said:
Thordaddy said:
stan said:
Keep the current uniform. Don't fall for the marketing BS. The uniforms are almost as stupid as the changing of hats every year. Just say no.

I'm witcha stan, no new unis till you win a Super Bowl,so the stuff we have now has throwback value.

They've got more playoff appearances than most and BEEN to the show.

For a few years, but they never cashed in. And since we have been pathetic. Our record since we introduced tan to our uniforms is 85-117-1 (.421)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Angry Ram said:
418918_276210375813498_1576397510_n.jpg

I think they can be updated. Like, they can put sleek white horns on the shoulder.

THAT PICTURE ROCKS! We gotta see that on the field! The home jersey would be even better!!!!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I like the Blue and Yellow the most. Best uniform of all time in my not so humble opinion.

The Blue and Whites look way too much like the colts for my liking.

The one change that I would really like to see would be to the horns on the helmet. They need to be widened at the top of the face opening... thick at the base, and taper off towards the point,,, just like Real Ram Horns do. Our current horns look weak in that department.

stan

Rookie
Thordaddy said:
stan said:

Yeah OK, perhaps, I don't understand the compulsion to follow such a callous trend. New unis are nothing but a money grubbing ploy. Just WIN and selling more crap is never a problem.

stan

Rookie
libertadrocks said:
Thordaddy said:
stan said:

So it's the unis fault? :boing:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
stan said:
libertadrocks said:
Thordaddy said:
stan said:

So it's the unis fault? :boing:
Finally. You understand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
stan said:
New unis are nothing but a money grubbing ploy.

So? Making money is part of the whole picture. The NFL is not some philanthropic venture. The timing is great for it whether you like the current unis or not. I think this franchise is trending up in a big way. It's time for the new look Rams.

Personally, I have never liked the dull gold. The horns barely stand out and the unis look more like Colorado State than an NFL team. Coincidentally, we've played more like CSU than an NFL team during this span. And the timing of those unis sucked IMO. We win a Superbowl and the next year we change to college unis. I realize it was in the works long before the miracle season but it still put a sour taste in my mouth. That sour taste wasn't helped much by the steady decline and the last 5 years ot futility.

We have a new owner (for the most part), a new organizational structure, and a new direction. Time for new unis.

Unreal.
The Rams had the best uniform in the NFL with the Blue & Yellow....
then made it even BETTER in 2000, going with a more powerful look of Blue & Gold.
Now, they are going plain school.....Blue & WHITE???!!!????? Ugh!

I could take the switch to B&Y unis...but not B&W unis....that'd be too foreign! They would cease to be the Rams. imo
It's kinda funny, but, I may actually lose interest and follow another NFL team if the Rams go to the B&W unis.
I could see that because they would look NOTHING like the team I have followed for 35 yrs.
My team would be gone....and I'd be SOOOOO SAD, if they did that.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
RamFan503 said:
stan said:

So? Making money is part of the whole picture. The NFL is not some philanthropic venture. The timing is great for it whether you like the current unis or not. I think this franchise is trending up in a big way. It's time for the new look Rams.

Personally, I have never liked the dull gold. The horns barely stand out and the unis look more like Colorado State than an NFL team. Coincidentally, we've played more like CSU than an NFL team during this span. And the timing of those unis sucked IMO. We win a Superbowl and the next year we change to college unis. I realize it was in the works long before the miracle season but it still put a sour taste in my mouth. That sour taste wasn't helped much by the steady decline and the last 5 years ot futility.

We have a new owner (for the most part), a new organizational structure, and a new direction. Time for new unis.

Agreed.

And I'll be honest I have been putting off buying a new jersey because, in all honesty, I dont like our current color scheme. There's nothing special about it. It's bland. The best part of our unis is the horns on the helmet and in no way is that transfered onto the jersey.

stan

Rookie
RamFan503 said:
stan said:

You must have missed the grubbing part? Just WIN. That will sell all the crap. really sell new unis. just like this last time. WIN then sell.

bluecoconuts

Legend
A uniform can help a team play better. The psychological effect of what you're wearing can help or hinder play on the field.

stan

Rookie
bluecoconuts said:
A uniform can help a team play better. The psychological effect of what you're wearing can help or hinder play on the field.

in your opinion....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
It's the creamsicle effect, right?

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
libertadrocks said:
Thordaddy said:
stan said:

You might have had that same argument about the blue and yellow in '98. The 90's didn't give fans much to cheer about, then came '99.

For that matter, why can't any new uniform incorporate the best of all 3 types? The dark navy is sharp; put the horns back on the shoulders; spruce up the gold to a less burnished/brighter shade.

And get rid of the Nike collar.

bluecoconuts

Legend
stan said:
bluecoconuts said:

in your opinion....

And the opinion of many other teams in various sports. The Dallas Cowboys are a huge example of that.

stan

Rookie
bluecoconuts said:
stan said:
bluecoconuts said:

in your opinion....

And the opinion of many other teams in various sports. The Dallas Cowboys are a huge example of that.

Cool, then you'll have no difficulty in getting that in writing.

bluecoconuts

Legend
stan said:
bluecoconuts said:
stan said:
bluecoconuts said:

in your opinion....

Getting what in writing?

stan

Rookie
bluecoconuts said:
stan said:
bluecoconuts said:
stan said:
bluecoconuts said:

in your opinion....

Getting what in writing?

Proof of what you claim. That "A uniform can help a team play better. The psychological effect of what you're wearing can help or hinder play on the field."

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
stan said:
bluecoconuts said:
stan said:
bluecoconuts said:

in your opinion....

There's a well established psychological/clothing connection. There isnt a wealth of academic journals that support a claim the a uniform change in sports impacts play because there are too many variables in a sporting event. You cannot isolate the singular viable. The game is only played once, there is no way of proving uniforms helped or hurt the team sporting them.

There is a reason why you see schools bring out special uniforms for big games tho. It does impact the psychological state of the athlete. When you feel confident in the way you look, athlete or not, your performance improves. More aggressive color schemes also impact the psyche of the opponent.

The impact of the uniforms is fleeting, but even if it has an initial impact(ie a big hit on kickoff) it can swing momentum and then it becomes a domino effect.

A neutral color like tan(or gold, whatever color our uniforms are) does nothing to inspire energy or motivate.

http://faculty.smu.edu/chrisl/courses/p ... iforms.pdf
http://urp.unca.edu/sites/urp.unca.edu/ ... gement.pdf
http://positivepsychologynews.com/news/ ... 2052122126