Somebody sell me on Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
To me, Goff reminds me of a weaker armed Bradford I'm not sure thats a great thing. I think Goff will be a good QB but I think Wentz will be a great QB.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Wentz has a career-high of 335 passing yards in a game where Goff averaged 330 yards per game in his career. So while playing against so-so competition, a career day for Wentz was an average day for Goff.

While Wentz looks awesome in t-shirts and shorts, Goff has shown he’s more accurate and better under pressure vs greater competition. Pro Football Focus rates Goff No. 6 in accuracy rate under pressure and No. 7 in accuracy percentage on deep passes in this draft class. Meanwhile Wentz is rated No. 29 on deep passes (20+ yards) and No. 27 in accuracy percentage when pressured.

And there is no comparison when you judge each players competition. I mean, Cal or No.Dakota, … c'mon.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
And there is no comparison when you judge each players competition. I mean, Cal or No.Dakota, … c'mon.
Its not like the PAC12 has great defenses... plus Goffs wrs are better than Wentzs wrs. Just saying

TexasRam

Legend
Tied for second in the nation with 12 touchdowns under pressure. Tied for 12th in nation with accuracy percentage of 50.0 percent on deep passes.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
To me, Goff reminds me of a weaker armed Bradford I'm not sure thats a great thing. I think Goff will be a good QB but I think Wentz will be a great QB.

"A weak armed Bradford." Based on what information was that impression formed?

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I'll go on record as saying there is just no freaking way the Rams pass on Goff, the price for failure is just too disasterous to even contemplate, thru my eyes Goff is the safe pick, the smart pick.

I was among those who wanted Matthews over GRob for the same reason. I just wonder how many members here on the Wentz Wagon also wanted mr high ceiling questionable experience GRob ( just curious)

We can debate this for the next two weeks, I'm not going to, time will reveal soon enough

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Anybody remember Rodgers was "the man", and then the sports world started slobbering all over Alex Smith, from a lesser division school, etc., etc.

I'm PRAYING Goff's the pick. And I STILL don't like Newton. Steve Grogan weighed about 100 lbs. but was a baller.

Goff, please, please, please! Sorry for the ramble.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
"A weak armed Bradford." Based on what information was that impression formed?
He doesnt have as strong of an arm as Bradford does, thats fact. His deep balls float too much for my liking. Like ive said before I think he will be a good QB I just think Wentz will be better. We have two weeks to argue Goff and Wentz...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I've been a Rams fan since Roman Gabriel days, so I've seen more than my share of scrub quarterbacks wearing the horns. In all those years I have been impressed with John Hadl, Jim Everett and of course Kurt Warner. As I look at this draft now I'm thinking big, strong, tall QB, that's Wentz. As I watch clips of Goff I see a small guy with happy feet throwing the ball aimlessly. Certainly seems like there are more Goff supporters than Wentz, why? What are you all seeing that I don't?
" He looks great in Blue and Yellow, and IF he's the Rams choice, What else are going to do!!":D

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He doesnt have as strong of an arm as Bradford does, thats fact. His deep balls float too much for my liking. Like ive said before I think he will be a good QB I just think Wentz will be better. We have two weeks to argue Goff and Wentz...
The difference being that Bradford was deficient as a leader. He didn't make surrounding treamates better..He was not a winner, imo....Goff isn't a lesser Bradford.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

Two weeks to argue if our new QB is 1a or 1b. These are luxury problems for us fans! Finally we are going to have a qb!

RamzFanz

Damnit
Wentz has a career-high of 335 passing yards in a game where Goff averaged 330 yards per game in his career. So while playing against so-so competition, a career day for Wentz was an average day for Goff.

While Wentz looks awesome in t-shirts and shorts, Goff has shown he’s more accurate and better under pressure vs greater competition. Pro Football Focus rates Goff No. 6 in accuracy rate under pressure and No. 7 in accuracy percentage on deep passes in this draft class. Meanwhile Wentz is rated No. 29 on deep passes (20+ yards) and No. 27 in accuracy percentage when pressured.

I like the way you think but is fisher looking at passing QBs like that? Now compare their running stats. Goff is -114 yards? To Wentz 4.8 YPC?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Why would the Rams give away the farm for a player who isn't RG3, but has some similar qualities, when they traded Washington for one of the most lopsided trade outcomes in history, … then they would now trade a fortune for some of the same characteristics/qualities from a far less appreciated player/school/division rather than take the top ace pocket passer with an eye for accuracy ? They could of had RG3 in free agency for a song, or they could have drafted him themselves had they wanted him or that style of play to begin with. Seems a bass-ackward way to find your scheme fit. Wentz may provide some temporary help moving out of the pocket while we continue our search for a true # 1 WR and a quality receiving TE, but once we land the receivers, Goff is going to be on fire, not that he can't help our grade 'B' receivers with his accuracy right out of the gate. 'Whether moving in the pocket, making throws under pressure, or working through his reads, Goff is the most NFL-ready quarterback'.
Take Goff at # 1, trade our two 4'th round picks to get back into the 3'rd round, then pick what may be one of the best route runners in the draft, Rashard Higgins. "Higgins posted a huge PFF grade (+32.0) in 2014, and while that dropped to +22.7 this year, there’s still a lot to like about the Colorado State playmaker. He dropped just three of the 78 catchable passes thrown his way in 2015 and he may be the best route runner in the draft class." jmo.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I dunno what will happen. I've been pretty upfront about how frazzling that is. STILL is...

That said, we've ALL commented about how little Fisher seems to want to change. Right? He's wanting to win with DEFENSE, the running game, special teams and???... Well, the only time he really won BIG was with Steve McNair, the big, mobile, tough QB.

The QB who is like that is Wentz. That video of him trucking that DB to get the touchdown looked so much like McNair it was striking.

So, we at ROD and all over the interwebz can debate who we might like and who Snisher will ultimately choose until the card is turned in.

That said, if we look at his recent behavior and compare it to past behavior including tall DTs, he's been remarkably consistent. Aaron Donald was the exception. They just couldn't pass up on the talent, but before? 6'5" Kendall Langford and 6'6" Michael Brockers were prototypical Fisher DTs. Look at our secondary. Prototypical Fisher guys.

He hasn't stopped looking for the same type of guys since he started coaching. After McNair, who'd he get? Vince Young (although there's word Young was foisted on him. How much, I dunno). VY was supposed to be very similar to McNair in a lot of ways. That underestimates how good Steve McNair was, clearly or how bad Young was or both.

So, who will the Rams take with that first pick? Besides Ramsey? LOL. I think Wentz based on his consistent player acquisition history. Not that he can't change. It's just that he's been remarkably consistent.

Will Goff be the "Aaron Donald" in this, the talent who's "too good" to pass up or will Wentz be the value at the position and "they guy they've been looking for?"

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno what will happen. I've been pretty upfront about how frazzling that is. STILL is...

That said, we've ALL commented about how little Fisher seems to want to change. Right? He's wanting to win with DEFENSE, the running game, special teams and???... Well, the only time he really won BIG was with Steve McNair, the big, mobile, tough QB.

The QB who is like that is Wentz. That video of him trucking that DB to get the touchdown looked so much like McNair it was striking.

So, we at ROD and all over the interwebz can debate who we might like and who Snisher will ultimately choose until the card is turned in.

That said, if we look at his recent behavior and compare it to past behavior including tall DTs, he's been remarkably consistent. Aaron Donald was the exception. They just couldn't pass up on the talent, but before? 6'5" Kendall Langford and 6'6" Michael Brockers were prototypical Fisher DTs. Look at our secondary. Prototypical Fisher guys.

He hasn't stopped looking for the same type of guys since he started coaching. After McNair, who'd he get? Vince Young (although there's word Young was foisted on him. How much, I dunno). VY was supposed to be very similar to McNair in a lot of ways. That underestimates how good Steve McNair was, clearly or how bad Young was or both.

So, who will the Rams take with that first pick? Besides Ramsey? LOL. I think Wentz based on his consistent player acquisition history. Not that he can't change. It's just that he's been remarkably consistent.

Will Goff be the "Aaron Donald" in this, the talent who's "too good" to pass up or will Wentz be the value at the position and "they guy they've been looking for?"

This strikes me as like the Jake Matthews/Greg Robinson situation. I think the Rams will go for the physical upside over the "safer" pick.

If Bradford had Goff's instincts in the pocket, his feet, and his pocket movement, Bradford would be one of the best QBs in the NFL right now.

And many people claimed that Bradford had a "weak arm" coming out of college. Goff's arm ain't weak.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
The more I read, the more I'm confused as which QB is the right pick. Over the past couple of months, all I've heard is these two QBs are head and shoulders over the others in this draft but neither are as good as past drafts and neither is really worthy of a #1 pick. Well, we'll see about that!:yess:

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
This thread alone has convinced me that Goff is the one I want.

The only problem is there'll be another thread that convinces me that Wentz is the man. And I'll go back and forth like this for the next two weeks.

Having said that, the Robinson/Matthews comparison is an interesting one. Snisher went for "upside" over "NFL-ready" when taking Robinson over Matthews so does that mean a similar approach will be taken now? At this point, I hope not because, as of 12:12pm British summer time on Friday 15th April, I want Goff.