So, Should Case Keenum Start Regardless?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think so. Not all year mind you, but for the first 4-6 games, or until Keenum get injured. I think starting day one isn't the only goal, we have to get the kid up to speed somewhat and I don't know if Training Camp and PreSeason are enough for Goff or Wentz. If I'm wrong and Fish is sure that the new franchise QB is good enough to succeed at game one, then that is fine. I trust him because he normally errs toward caution in cases like this, starting a capable veteran before the FNG.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Considering the schedule, anything before game 5 seems pretty iffy.

3 of first 4 on the road. 3 of first 4 on the division.

It's already gonna be an early season gauntlet...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Depends upon the progress of the offensive line and the rookie QB. I think the odds are that Keenum gets at least 4 starts.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Keenum's keeping everyone on the bench.
Forever.

mgclw2bz3l1kclnzg.jpg

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Start the kid from day one . You don't mortgage the farm to start Keenum , unless they want to start the season 1-3 and be out of the playoff picture by week 10 . Fisher and Snead don't have the time to play it slow . JMHO

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Totally depends on the preseason.

If the rookie looks capable, start him. We need him seasoned for the playoffs :sneaky:

My feeling is; Fisher will not start a rookie regardless how he looks in preseason. When it comes to offense, he's frustratingly conservative.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Depends upon the progress of the offensive line and the rookie QB. I think the odds are that Keenum gets at least 4 starts.

It also depends on how Keenum is playing.

And if it is clear in pre-season that the rookie is better. If so, then I would play him.

Last edited:

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Our first three games are San Fran, Seattle (at home), and Tampa Bay.

Given how tough we always play Seattle, and the quality of QBs we've been able to ride to wins vs them before, the coaching staff could feasibly sit Goff or Wentz for a month with no implications on the Rams' W-L record. The fact we are at home vs. Seattle helps too.

Having said that, I hope the coaching staff simply plays the rookie QB as soon as he is the best option on gameday. I expect that to be Week 1. But even if it isn't, I suspect the Rams will play him from the get-go due to being the #1 pick. Time will tell.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Totally depends on the preseason.

If the rookie looks capable, start him. We need him seasoned for the playoffs :sneaky:

My feeling is; Fisher will not start a rookie regardless how he looks in preseason. When it comes to offense, he's frustratingly conservative.
This ^ is why I'm thinking "Week 3" as target Date! Unless Keenum is just Blowing-everyone's-Socks-Off!!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Regardless of what? The tough schedule? The playbook? Remember last year when Jim Thomas was told "Sam Bradford is our quarterback. We have no intention of replacing him."?

Well, it's that proverbial 'deadly vote of confidence'. Keenum gets traded. Foles starts the year. The rookie comes in early if Foles is 2015 Foles. Otherwise he comes in when he's definitely ready.

Tough in cheek
Who knows?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the rookie outplays the competition, like Russell Wilson did in Seattle, then the rookie should start day 1, like Russell Wilson did in Seattle.
I think the schedule lends itself to starting the rookie right away with weaker teams in Tampa and San Fran sandwiching the home game vs Seattle
Frankly, with the high hopes I have for both QB, I'd be disappointed if they didn't start day 1.
UNLESS....
Case Keenum plays his azz off in TC and pre-season and deserves to start.
I wouldn't have a problem with that either

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Goff will be the rams starting qb week 1 (bookmark this post)

No reason to bookmark, he will be the first overall pick in the draft and all Rams expect Goff to be the starting Quarterback for the Los Angeles Rams for the next 18 years...Give or Take.

fiveten

UDFA
I think Keenum will start game 1 and will continue to start until the team loses 2 games (more if they win 2/3rds of them)

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
No - you don't decide your starter now - you have legit competition for the gig. Let the rookie win the job if he can - if he isn't ready, it's Mannion or Case - whoever wins the competition.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No reason to bookmark, he will be the first overall pick in the draft and all Rams expect Goff to be the starting Quarterback for the Los Angeles Rams for the next 18 years...Give or Take.
And Carson wentz will be the second overall pick in the draft and all Eagles expect Wentz to be the starting Quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles for the next 18 years....give or take....doesn't mean he's going to start week 1 as I am predicting goff will

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The best quarterback for the team should start week 1. It doesn't matter which one of them it is though I hope Goff comes in and wins the job in camp.