So now what Nick Foles?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Man

Rookie
If Goff has a career like Eli Manning, you or I could be back up QB and it wouldn't make a difference

Eli Manning started 7 games in his rookie season. 6 TD's and 9 INT's and a 55.4 passer rating. If Goff plays like Eli did in his rookie season the back up will be VERY important.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Eli Manning started 7 games in his rookie season. 6 TD's and 9 INT's and a 55.4 passer rating. If Goff plays like Eli did in his rookie season the back up will be VERY important.
He hasn't missed a snap since becoming the starter

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
All these guys could look good in camp. Real game play is hard to come by and all we know is what we have seen. Me as a couch watcher, I would go with experience, Keenum, Foles and Mannion, but on the other hand they put a Ton of draft picks on the number one pick and when you do that, that pick will start so, Goff : starter, Keenum: back up, Foles or Mannion for the 3rd or camp arm. Foles or Mannion will be let go.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
What they have to weigh is how many snaps are available in the preseason games.
Goff gets the most and they have to keep Keenum sharp. So that leaves a few series to split between Foles and Mannion.
Garbage time snaps doesn't carry much weight if they want to showcase looking for a trade.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You believe that Keenum and Foles "are the same"? Why?
Why would you rather have Mannion as the backup?
Keenum and Foles are career backups, AT BEST. Almost anyone could win a game like Case & Nick. Even a rookie or a very raw 2nd year player.
Mannion has a slim chance to be something more. And he needs ALL the reps to do so. Mannion and Goff should get all the reps....and only if they get tired should Case or Nick touch a football...

Wow, that's so not fair.
Sadly, life's not fair....SAS has a saying " a fair is where you find pigs..." or something like that.
I was reading about our new passing game coordinator, Groh. Guys coming from some really nice passing trees. Gase, hold on...I'll find it.
View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Three-Takeaways-Passing-Game-Coordinator-Mike-Groh/05e9745c-586c-4e1f-a0ef-a30f6e4324e5

One of the benefits of bringing in Groh is his extensive experience working in different systems. Over the past couple years, new Dolphins head coach Adam Gase has been widely regarded as one of the more innovative offensive minds in football. Gase was the quarterbacks coach in Denver when the club beat the Steelers in the 2011 playoffs with Tim Tebow as quarterback, and then ascended to offensive coordinator with Peyton Manning as the club’s signal-caller.

In 2015, Groh worked alongside Gase with the Bears under head coach John Fox.

“Being in the system I just came out of -- whatever you want to call it, ‘Peyton’s system,’ the ‘Adam Gase offense’ -- is something that I think is sought after in this league right now,” Groh said.

In addition to Gase, Groh worked with another well-regarded offensive mind in Chicago: Marc Trestman.

“My experience being in that system to go along with working for coach Trestman for a couple years, and being in the West Coast offense, I think, are some of the things they were looking for [with] some new pass ideas,” Groh said. “Hopefully, I can bring that.”
I'd like him to spend all his time with Jared & Sean.....none with Nick and Case....

nighttrain

Legend
All these guys could look good in camp. Real game play is hard to come by and all we know is what we have seen. Me as a couch watcher, I would go with experience, Keenum, Foles and Mannion, but on the other hand they put a Ton of draft picks on the number one pick and when you do that, that pick will start so, Goff : starter, Keenum: back up, Foles or Mannion for the 3rd or camp arm. Foles or Mannion will be let go.
Foles is history, trade hopefull, cut if that's what it is
train

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Mannion has a slim chance to be something more. And he needs ALL the reps to do so. Mannion and Goff should get all the reps....and only if they get tired should Case or Nick touch a football...
That would be unwise IMO. That is essentially going into the season with a rookie backing up a rookie. I can actually see Keenum starting the first few games of the season, if not more. Depending on how camp and PS go, maybe Goff gets a start early in the season and seizes the job. I don't think Keenum will make it easy though, assuming he is still with the Rams. It would be nice to see Mannion get some snaps, but I think it would have to come at the expense of Foles, not Keenum.....which is fine with me.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
That would be unwise IMO. That is essentially going into the season with a rookie backing up a rookie.
You are assuming that if cut both would be re-signed by another team. I seriously doubt we could trade either player. I am assuming that if we released them BOTH, they'd be sitting on the couch, waiting on a call if Goff or Mannion got hurt.

nighttrain

Legend
i still think Foles is gonna be traded,i dont care what we get, but a 6th would be great, a 7th OK

train

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
hey Foles..

S4DN95o.gif

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
He's a good guy but yeah I don't see him getting preseason reps unless we've given up on Mannion (baring injury).

RamzFanz

Damnit
Sadly, life's not fair....SAS has a saying " a fair is where you find pigs..." or something like that.
I was reading about our new passing game coordinator, Groh. Guys coming from some really nice passing trees. Gase, hold on...I'll find it.

I'm not saying Keenum is a starter. I'm saying comparing Keenum and Foles as equals is not accurate, at least based on last season. I have no issue with Mannion beating them out but I would have a huge issue with the Rams going into the season with Goff, Manion, Foles. That's a trainwreck waiting to happen.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Foles is a "free roll" until final cut downs.

He's not a problem until then. And even then only as a spent roster spot.

I think odds are quite high that some team will come a calling with an offer for a future draft pick before final cuts. And I think that the Rams will accept.

Won't be much though, so we shouldn't hold our breath, either way. Maybe a future 7th is all he'll fetch. Anything more would be a gift.

To say that Foles "didn't work out" for S&F would be a monumental understatement. Lol.

Well, you can say that without the 2nd rounder, that came with Foles in that trade, there would be no Goff. So he was usefull in that regard. Plus he lost a few games that should have been won, so again without those losses. ..no Goff.

So if Goff becomes the next Joe Montana or Aaron Rogers, the Rams should erect a Nick Foles statue outside the new stadium...Lol

RamzFanz

Damnit
Well, you can say that without the 2nd rounder, that came with Foles in that trade, there would be no Goff. So he was usefull in that regard. Plus he lost a few games that should have been won, so again without those losses. ..no Goff.

So if Goff becomes the next Joe Montana or Aaron Rogers, the Rams should erect a Nick Foles statue outside the new stadium...Lol

"Greatness can inadvertently rise from the most humble and sucky of Quarterbacks."

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
One would think the best case scenario for the Rams would be a mid pre-season trade for perhaps a 5th rounder