So now what Nick Foles?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
If he's still with us, pray to your respective deity that he never starts.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One would think the best case scenario for the Rams would be a mid pre-season trade for perhaps a 5th rounder

While I'd like that - I'd think that if that were in the cards, the Rams could have gotten a 6th in the draft this year - which I think they'd have taken. I'm thinking more likely now as a best case scenario is a 7th that could become a 6th depending on roster time for Foles, maybe even a pair of 7ths over several seasons.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
While I'd like that - I'd think that if that were in the cards, the Rams could have gotten a 6th in the draft this year - which I think they'd have taken. I'm thinking more likely now as a best case scenario is a 7th that could become a 6th depending on roster time for Foles, maybe even a pair of 7ths over several seasons.

Agree with the pre draft take, I'm afraid now their best hope is an unfortunate injury during preseason to another's teams QB

Of course there's always hope the Cowboys will get desperate

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I still like Foles, too bad it didn't work out here but it worked out better in the end. A fresh start at the QB position with the best QB in the draft.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm saying comparing Keenum and Foles as equals is not accurate, at least based on last season.
Nick
http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/la/los-angeles-rams
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram/2015.htm
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7475/nick-foles

Case
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/15168/case-keenum
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7696/case-keenum
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KeenCa00.htm

PASSING
NAME ATT COMP PCT YDS AVG YDS/G LONG TD TD% INT INT% SACK YDSL RATE
Nick Foles 337 190 56.4 2052 6.1 177.6 68 7 2.1 10 3.0 14 98 69.0
Case Keenum 125 76 60.8 828 6.6 133.3 60 4 3.2 1 0.8 4 28 87.7

Basically the same guy....team was playing better, in the "easier" part of the schedule....

RamzFanz

Damnit
Basically the same guy....team was playing better, in the "easier" part of the schedule....

Like Seattle in Seattle? Come on man, give credit where credit is due. Foles LOST games. Keenum didn't. Keenum was good enough to win, Foles was not.

10 INTs to 1 with a winning record is all I really need to know. Hand it to Gurley, hand it to Tavon, throw your 61% completion rate (2.6% less than Brady), keep possession (better than Brady), and let the D take care of business. That's a worst case scenario of course, but I would never again let Foles on the field. I would even confidently let Keenum start the season if Goff isn't ready whereas I would dickpuch anyone who suggested Foles start.

Me: Oh, hey, Gurley jersey... you're a Rams fan, hunh?

Guy: Yeah, can't let 'em go.

Me: Looks like Goff may not be ready, who should we start, Keenum or Mannion?

Guy: I think Foles, he knows the system and if he...

Me: Windmill windup... dickpunch!

912f41_94a3ce9a49294baea42d5b3eb110a56b.gif

Junk+punch+gif.gif

(In fairness, I would also vagina punch, no discrimination here)

AmIrite @-X- ? Little help?

Keenum was thrown into the fire at the end, lost 2 games out of 5, both by 3 points, both with missed FGs, one with a concussion. Rams could have swept his 5 starts with just 2 missed FGs. <------ There's your backup.

And no, it was Foles who had the softest part of the schedule. He had 4 wins in 11 starts, Keenum had 3 wins in 5.

Last edited:

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Like Seattle in Seattle? Come on man, give credit where credit is due. Foles LOST games. Keenum didn't. Keenum was good enough to win, Foles was not.

10 INTs to 1 with a winning record is all I really need to know. Hand it to Gurley, hand it to Tavon, throw your 61% completion rate (2.6% less than Brady), keep possession (better than Brady), and let the D take care of business. That's a worst case scenario of course, but I would never again let Foles on the field. I would even confidently let Keenum start the season if Goff isn't ready whereas I would dickpuch anyone who suggested Foles start.

Me: Oh, hey, Gurley jersey... you're a Rams fan, hunh?

Guy: Yeah, can't let 'em go.

Me: Looks like Goff may not be ready, who should we start, Keenum or Mannion?

Guy: I think Foles, he knows the system and if he...

Me: Windmill windup... dickpunch!

912f41_94a3ce9a49294baea42d5b3eb110a56b.gif

Junk+punch+gif.gif

(In fairness, I would also vagina punch, no discrimination here)

upload_2016-5-5_10-27-19.png

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
You are assuming that if cut both would be re-signed by another team. I seriously doubt we could trade either player. I am assuming that if we released them BOTH, they'd be sitting on the couch, waiting on a call if Goff or Mannion got hurt.

They won't....keenum has trade value but he is #2 QB and likely season starter, if cut he is quickly grabbed as someones #2...Foles has little to no trade value but some team will pick him up quickly if cut, likely as someone's #3...

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Then again Sneed talks about having this " QB competition" Tho that's kinda silly since Goff is fixed as the eventual winner.
What if the passing game coor. can fix Foles mechanics which what his problem was last year. He goes on to really outplay Keenum in camp which is what he should do.
They still don't get a good offer for Foles. Don't they keep the better backup and move Keenum?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Nick Goles is a cool straight up guy . He is a team player, will just compete. He is a true believer of the lord,& in himself. You can't ask any more from him from a competitive & professional stand point. He is a good team mate & will be good with all the QB's. Does he trade it depends ?
The Rams had Austin Davies last year who got cut. I think it will be pretty much the same as last season going down to the of preseason. WR's get more reps, & how good is Mannion ??

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Stands great chance that a half dozen starting QB's will go down some for a long time some a shorter before the regular season begins.... I would think we get a better than many think 2017 draft choice before Nick Foles departs LA. If a Romo or a Brady or a Manning goes down you better believe that Snead will get a call.:heh:

nighttrain

Legend
I'm not saying Keenum is a starter. I'm saying comparing Keenum and Foles as equals is not accurate, at least based on last season. I have no issue with Mannion beating them out but I would have a huge issue with the Rams going into the season with Goff, Manion, Foles. That's a trainwreck waiting to happen.
much rather have Goff, Case, and Mannion, even if Mannion is on practice squad
train

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Nick Goles is a cool straight up guy . He is a team player, will just compete. He is a true believer of the lord,& in himself. You can't ask any more from him from a competitive & professional stand point. He is a good team mate & will be good with all the QB's. Does he trade it depends ?
The Rams had Austin Davies last year who got cut. I think it will be pretty much the same as last season going down to the of preseason. WR's get more reps, & how good is Mannion ??

Nice insight
It will go down to "the of preseason."
Goles is a true believer
image.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Foles was terrible but I'm not sure he knew wtf he was doing in the offense and it caught up to him as teams started taking away what he did well a few games in to the season. So while I agree that he's gone and hope we get a pick for him, it is possible he does better in camp this year.

Mannion got his redshirt year already so he's going to need to win a roster spot. Way I see it the third roster spot is Mannion vs Foles if they don't find a way to trade him. And at this point since Mannion is a complete unknown there's no telling how it's going to work out. If Nick has been busting his butt to learn that offense who knows, he might find a way to stick around as unlikely as that might sound right now.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'd like to hear from Foles himself on what went wrong last season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'd like to hear from Foles himself on what went wrong last season.
I went back and watched a lot of his post-game pressers.
The reoccurring theme was that he had to do better. So he owned it.