So if you had to start a Franchise right now...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I don't disagree, but starting a franchise is the question, and I would not start it with two guys who have two strikes. Yikes, you sir, are a gambler.

If Ray Lewis can win super bowls after he murders someone ill take that gamble. :rofl:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you *really* read copyright law, you'd see that I wasn't doing anything wrong. I know that with the whole of my being. Everything I made fell within the "Fair Use" guidelines (I only displayed a fraction of each of their telecasts), and they were for educational purposes (all of Bradford's throws over 15 yards, all of Gibson's catches, etc). The highlight videos I made were transitive in nature (changed enough from the original to constitute a new production), and I wasn't cutting into the market share of the NFL by making them. Copyright law can't be reviewed in mass. It has to be a case-by-case basis, so that's why they force their hand with YouTube who caved under the pressure. The problem is, I'd have to fight the NFL in court to prove it because YouTube doesn't fight on behalf of the NFL when you register a counter claim with them. And who the hell's gonna do that? It would be me and my guy Brian against the legion of NFL attorneys. They'd bankrupt me before it ever went to court.

I hear you, X. And I'm not saying it's right but they're looking out for their wallets and likely don't have the manpower to review every single youtube upload case by case. I'd love it if they let us upload highlight videos and such without intervening but I can see their side of the issue as well. They sell rights to use their highlights to sports networks, papers, etc. so if they don't try to stop people from uploading them to youtube without permission...the prices on those rights are going to pushed down.

It's like sponsorship and ambush marketing. Sponsors aren't going to be willing to pay as much if the sports entity puts no effort into protecting their exclusivity.

I'm not taking a stance on right vs. wrong here, I'm only saying that there are multiple sides to this issue. Because if the NFL didn't take videos down, I'd have already uploaded a full video of all the plays Tavon has made that have been wiped out to shut up some of the people on other boards. :wink:

You probably did fall under the Fair Use guidelines...but the NFL doesn't have time to investigate everybody and Google probably has a deal with them to remove videos rather than investigate it.

It would be great if there was some other video hosting site to put that type of stuff on.

had

Rookie
I logged on earlier in the week and saw this thread. And saw a bunch of guys picking Earl Thomas as their core four. And it was the first time I have ever considered hating the Seahawks.

Seriously, has anyone here been to Seattle? Great town. And you can get mad oysters. And Kurt Cobain was there. But I've gotta get on board with the hate train now.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
And were able to pluck four (and only four) players out of the league with whom to start that Franchise, who would they be?

For me...

Andrew Luck
A.J. Green
Robert Quinn
Luke Kuechly

Not bad X